PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chairmans message on website
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Chairmans message on website  (Read 19540 times)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Chairmans message on website
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 09:28:02 PM »

This has made my blood boil. I know the chairman has to support the team and the management and to an extent I don't disagree with his comment about good players becoming bad overnight, but, even he must be thinking that some players are going through the motions.

He then goes on to say get behind the lads... Well I'm sorry Mr Rowley but your diehard 600 -700 fans have been doing that for the last 3 seasons from the demise of heathcote, to the best efforts of McKenna to the laclustre efforts of Sinnott. We have paid hundred if not thousands of pounds watching the diatribe we've been served up for to long. We are allowed a voice, if you choose to ignore us and bury your head in the sand then so be it, but we should be the ones you listen to the most...

I agree with the thread DAB pit on last week, clear them out, start again and instill some passion, which ultimately starts with the management team. Our current 2 are mute and inept tactically.

No doubt 200+ will turn up at Halifax next week, we don't expect much, why would we after 3 seasons of pain and anguish and you'll probably still have the audacity to expect more...

Finally, if you carry on with the current plans, without an attempt to diversify and bring in new ideas, sponsors etc, then we will no doubt no longer be the number one non-league team in the north west. I'll guarantee that your 600 diehards will still be here though..

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 09:33:13 PM »

We're not the number one non league team in the north west and we've not been for ages
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

As for the substitutions, maybe part of the game is not doing what the opposition expects, there could be a kind of double bluff involved.
OK, I'm clutching at straws, but right now I really don't see what there is to look forward to for the rest of the season.
I think if we don't make some drastic changes soon, certain people should look at doing what's best for the club. I think it's the inactivity that's the most depressing part, everyone knows what's wrong, yet it looks like nothing is being done about it.

dunhamalty

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »

This is very strange and seems like the dreaded vote of confidence to the manager, there is no point in changing the manager this early! Give it time

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 10:26:39 PM »

We're not the number one non league team in the north west and we've not been for ages

Years back at Colwyn Bay I once asked Tony Kelly if he would be interested in applying for the vacant Alty managers position.  "Manager of Alty" he replied...."I haven't a chance"

WE ARE STILL A CLASS CLUB. LETS GROUP TOGETHER AND MOVE ON AS A GROUP

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »

Grahame Rowley seems a decent guy and I'm sure will go on to be a good chairman and while there's nothing especially wrong in what he says, I do think this is misjudged.

For one thing, any statement put out a few hours after the game would be bound to get people's backs up - tempers are still frayed after what we've just seen. Much better to wait a couple of days.

More importantly though, it has that tone of 'if you display anything other than blinkered support for the team, you're not a proper fan' which really pisses me off, frankly. These players need to know that what they're producing is not good enough. And so does the manager and the chairman for that matter. If we as fans let them get away with results like today's and just clapped them off then the changes that desperately need to be made at this club would be even slower to materialise than they are now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:43:44 AM by Leon »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:50 PM »

We were two seasons ago but carry on...

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:18 PM »

Two seasons ago yeah, but it's being referred to as a future possibility when it happened 2 fkn years ago!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »

So if it was possible only 2 seasons ago then it's a future possibility clearly.

Or has football changed immeasurably in that time?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »

No you're misunderstanding me. IT's being said up there

Finally, if you carry on with the current plans, without an attempt to diversify and bring in new ideas, sponsors etc, then we will no doubt no longer be the number one non-league team in the north west.

We are already not the top north west non league team (and have not been for two years) and you're saying it as though it's not already happened.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 11:51:51 PM »

Finally, if you carry on with the current plans, without an attempt to diversify and bring in new ideas, sponsors etc, then we will no doubt no longer be the number one non-league team in the north west. I'll guarantee that your 600 diehards will still be here though..

I agree with the need for new ideas, but easier said than done when it comes to new sponsors in these austere times. Maybe Altrincham FC doesn't have a high enough profile to excite potential sponsors. Just a thought.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »

Another classic Altrincham FC PR own goal.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »

Seems a pretty standard message to me, not sure where it says you should clap after a defeat.

He's not criticising the support FFS....he is asking that people stick together.

The only niave thing about it is expecting people to stick together (certainly on here).

Agreed. Maybe not the best time for a statement, but at lst Mr Rowley is trying to communicate with us and trying to calm the situation. Mr Rowley is a very honest nd decent man trying to do his best just as us fans support the club with great committment (notably those who go to the away matches.

If criticism is constructive then fair enough, but lets not demoralise the manager & the players any more than I fear they aready feel.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »

Grahame Rowley seems a decent guy and I'm sure will go on to be a good chairman and while there's nothing especially wrong in what he says, I do think this is misjudged.

For one thing, any statement put out a few hours after the game would be bound to get people's backs up - tempers are still frayed after what we've just seen. Much better to wait a couple of days.

More importantly though, it has that tone of ' if you display anything other than blinkered support for the team, you're not a proper fan' which really pisses me off, frankly. These players need to know that what they're producing is not good enough. And so does the manager and the chairman for that matter. If we as fans let them get away with results like today's and just clapped them off then the changes that desperately need to be made at this club would be even slower to materialise than they are now.

The timing of this statement should have been thought about a little more,how do the players and management expect the fans to react,out of one,two and now three cup competitions at the first attempt and slipping down the league table as well.Over the years Altrincham Football Club have had great support both home and away,maybe not in the highest numbers but certainly in their volume of support,it seems a little over the top for the chairman to ask those supporters to hold back in their critisisms on yet another massively disappointing result.The club is very lucky to have such diehard fans and that is what the club should be praising in their statements,fans always show their
feelings in any level of football to a bad result by voicing their opinions,whether that be by booing their own team or by the direct means of criticising when everyone is really feeling low.
table still further.

markecky

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »

For the record I quite agree that the timing of this was appalling. 

My point was that he wasn't expecting people to clap that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chairmans message on website