PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chairmans message on website
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Chairmans message on website  (Read 19539 times)

bumble

« on: November 27, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »

I know that we’re all feeling miserable tonight on the back of our defeat at FC United of Manchester but it is not the time to start throwing accusations at individuals or the team as a whole. Lee, Neil and the whole team are extremely disappointed with our cup exit and it’s hard to put your finger on why we have dipped in form so much over the last six games, but we have and we’ve got to stop the rot as soon as possible and get back to winning ways.

Players don’t go onto the pitch with the intention of losing, players don’t become bad players overnight but when things aren’t going your way it doesn’t take much to bring about a lack of belief and the subsequent dip in form. That’s when the team need your help – not your criticism. I know it’s hard to support a team when they’re not doing well but that’s what support is all about - through thick and thin, through good times and bad times. Collectively we can get out of this rut and that must be our mission.

I thank you for your time and your fantastic support today – let’s get behind the team and get back to winning ways.

Grahame Rowley, Chairman

bigcol

Re: Chairmans message on website
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »

Crisis.  What Crisis?

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »

So we are not allowed to criticise now? What are we supposed to do, cheer after a defeat? Get a grip or maybe you should go too!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

Over the last six games?? Six months more like...

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

Over the last six games?? Six months more like...

Bang on.

Surely this statement isnt gong on the website is it?

More proof of our naivery.

Get a grip Alty

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

Bloody joke that is! If we as loyal paying fans want to criticise then we will do and have the right to! You try telling them 15,000 Blackburn fans the same thing every week when they boo after every game! Alty needed that after the final whistle today as its just not good enough! Nobody is going to sit back and clap after every defeat!

bigcol

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »

Right had chance to digest.

What on earth is the point of criticising one of the few positives of the seasons - the fans and the support?

We shouldn't be told to shut up, we should be told what the board, players and management are going to do to get us out of the slump, get us up the league and ultimately back in the BSP.

We've spent an awful long time keeping the faith.  Was it really two seasons ago we had a whip-round to pay for possible league membership?  And now we are out of everything already in November.

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »

it’s hard to put your finger on why we have dipped in form so much over the last six games,

really?

i think most people with any common sense can see why we are losing.

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »

A message for Mr. Rowley since we are not allowed to criticise - maybe he could ask Mr. Sinnott about the wisdom of his substitutions today, because I got the impression he was picking names out of a pot.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »

Seems a pretty standard message to me, not sure where it says you should clap after a defeat.

He's not criticising the support FFS....he is asking that people stick together.

The only niave thing about it is expecting people to stick together (certainly on here).

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »

A meet the fans meeting with the manager would be an interesting gig after the next home game on a Saturday.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »

A meet the fans meeting with the manager would be an interesting gig after the next home game on a Saturday.

We don't need another one of those, we just need some action.

That said , half the people on here who claim the he has "no passion" have ever attended such a meeting or even spoken to him.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »

Theres over 100 people on a nonleague clubs forum at 2115 on a sunday night I think that's shows that people care and are sticking together...

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »

Seems a pretty standard message to me, not sure where it says you should clap after a defeat.

He's not criticising the support FFS....he is asking that people stick together.

The only niave thing about it is expecting people to stick together (certainly on here).

Im assuming that's a sarcastic comment aimed at my post.

Naivety ruins all the way through comment. Reread it Ecky.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »

To be fair the statement is what I expected. The board would not take any action at the moment even if they wanted to because Lee Sinnott was their man and for him to fail this early would be a poor error of judgement on their part, also we could hardly ask Carole Nash to pay off another manager. The part I find most staggering is "players don’t become bad players overnight" - some of them have been bad from the start. The only people that can get out of this rut are the players but sadly I don't think they are good enough too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team