PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham v Altrincham Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Wrexham v Altrincham Match Thread  (Read 35581 times)

daisy

Re: Wrexham v Altrincham Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »

good  night all

night dad! pity you didn't make your 1000 post! Thought you'd jinxed it too early on!!  ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2011, 10:00:15 PM »

I notice Histon followed our lead and beat Fleetwood. Are the "Cod Army" in a false position I wonder ?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:05 PM »

Just back, very good effort all round, defended really well until just before HT when they had a bit of luck from a ball into the box fom LW that just missed everyone and crept in at the back post. We were more of a threat second half when Twiss came on, their second goal was very fortunate too, mish*t shot going miles wide diverted in just when we looked like equalising and then we had them very much on the back foot the last 10mins. Negatives were we gave the ball away all night, we got nothing again from the ref who let a number of clear fouls go unpunished yet booked smithy when their guy blatantly dived. Positives, great team spirit, and SPT only drew and Whalley got sent off so he will miss saturday for them and we get Joseph and Baynes back.

Saturday is massive match now.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »

A good performance by Alty. Maybe we could have nicked a point. Wrexham showed a bit more heart than they usually do. A bizarre incident nearly cost Wrexham 3 points when someone from the Wrexham end blew a whistle and the players shopped. A wrexham player caught the ball. The ref awarded a free-kick when he should have awarded a drop ball. That incident seemed to stop Wrexham's momentum as they were getting on top in the first 25 minutes of the second half.
On tonight's performance we will stay up. Wrexham's performance needs to improve if they are going to get promoted. If you have to time waste against a part-time team then you are not good enough to get promoted.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:41:58 PM by Cestrian Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2011, 11:40:12 PM »

Looked a good turnout of Alty fans tonight, does anyone know how many we took?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »

Alty made a good fist of it tonight against a Wrexham side who had won 5 on the bounce prior to tonights game.

First time I have been to Wrexham for about 40 odd years ::)

James Smith did his best to get himself sent off in the first half and whilst walking off at HT.  James just learn to walk away lad and keep your gob shut.

I notice that the BBC said Wrexham won  comfortably.. I didnt see it like that.. Maybe they use Saunders as there match reporter.

Good effort lads play like that against Southport on Saturday and the 3 pts are ours. (Whalley got sent off for Southport tonight).

I thought 17 quid to get in was steep for this league  and the hotdogs were sh*t.........

Decent turnout by the Alty Choristers......

Onwards and Upwards

Cmon Alty

markecky

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2011, 11:54:30 PM »

I've no doubt Wrexham will say we were the worst team ever ever ever to play there.

The truth is that when your team virtually picks itself your options are limited.

Every player gave 110% tonight and battled so hard.  We didn't create much but then Wrexham hardly had 20 chances either.

They used the wide pitch very well and the better team definitely won.

However I was pleased coming out of the ground that we hadn't been disgraced by the form side and they were hanging on at the end.

Onwards to Saturday..decent support tonight.  I'd say about 130 Alty there but we had a good sing which was applauded by some of the Wrexhamd fans next to us at the end.

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »

Thought we we were poor and you frustrated us with some good pressure/build up play and probably could have nicked a point with the possesion you had in the last ten minutes. It looked like you came for the point but once you went behind you played some really good stuff and defended excellantly throghout.

Overall I'm happy with the three points and onwards and upwards. You won't go down if you perform like that every game.

Cpd_Wrecsam

« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »

Reaction on our forum- very fair I feel. Good luck for Saturday and the rest of the season.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/70627-my-view-tonights-game.html

bumble

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2011, 12:22:15 AM »

Thought we we were poor and you frustrated us with some good pressure/build up play and probably could have nicked a point with the possesion you had in the last ten minutes. It looked like you came for the point but once you went behind you played some really good stuff and defended excellantly throghout.

Overall I'm happy with the three points and onwards and upwards. You won't go down if you perform like that every game.

Although you're two goals were lucky - you could see one coming

The handball incident was unusual not to resort in a card - along with a few unpunished challanges

Beaten by the better team

nice to go to a ground and hear some good singing after tamworths poor attempts

Only major complaint was the ridiculous pillar and camera blocking our view

Agree with previous post about time waisting
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:24:21 AM by bumble »

markecky

« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2011, 12:23:29 AM »

Reaction on our forum- very fair I feel. Good luck for Saturday and the rest of the season.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/70627-my-view-tonights-game.html

Very fair indeed..I may have been hasty in my presumptions.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »

I actually feel slightly cheated this morning.
I know our team picked itself etc, but they weren't that much better than us. In the second half when we finally tried to win the game, we had chances and had them backpedalling regularly. Had we done this from the start I feel we would have been good enough to beat them.
Very disappointed today.
(At least we had Pogba to cheer us up!!)

ruthinred

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »

I actually feel slightly cheated this morning.
I know our team picked itself etc, but they weren't that much better than us. In the second half when we finally tried to win the game, we had chances and had them backpedalling regularly. Had we done this from the start I feel we would have been good enough to beat them.
Very disappointed today.
(At least we had Pogba to cheer us up!!)

;D :D

you lost & deserved to lose get over it

hopefully you & southport stay up though

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2011, 09:00:05 AM »

That's how I saw the game.
You can't deny you were hanging on at the end, plus your second goal was a total fluke against the run of play.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2011, 09:07:04 AM »

Your stadium announcer loves the sound of his own voice ffs...

The bloke never fkn shut up all night........
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham v Altrincham Match Thread