PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Last Stand
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Last Stand  (Read 4824 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The Last Stand
« on: April 25, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »

Right, were still in it till saturday. The remaining games are:

Alty v Eastbourne; Alty need to win
FGR v Tamwuff; draw means both cannot be caught by alty
Kettering v Southport; Kettering need to win

If FGR, Tampax and Southport all draw, Alty will need to win by 20 clear goals to stay up..

we need two of FGR, Tammy and southport to lose (and us to win) in order to stay up.

Its bloody possible!!!

C'mon lads, just one more game to go. :o

Bath Alty

Re: The Last Stand
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:07:30 PM »

Tamworth go into the last game knowing a win will keep them up and a draw isn't enough even if Southport only get a draw - so if Southport are only one down Tamworth will still have to push for a winner.  FGR know a draw is enough, I can't see that game being a dull 0-0.

My biggest worry is that Southport are having a reasonable run in and will pick up a point at least.  Us and FGR to battle it out for the AGM cup spot but I'm not convinced there will be the usual trophy for that this season - many minor offenders but no-one bad enough to save us.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »

Provided we win, we are guaranteed at least the AGM Cup spot. That has to be our prime target.

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »

Sadly not, a FGR / Tamworth Draw and Southport taking a point leaves us no better off than we are now.

AltyIan

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

I just hope we score early on and grab a couple so that we are in a position to start listening to the other scorelines.

Nothing less than a win for alty will do so lets stop worrying about everyone else.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 06:11:39 PM »

tamworth had another player sent off today.. However "diver" Perry scored one of there consolations despite reading somewhere that he was banned ...

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »

Lets just make sure we WIN.
Forget the others for now.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »

Sadly not, a FGR / Tamworth Draw and Southport taking a point leaves us no better off than we are now.
Last time I buy a calculator from Trotter's Independent Trading  :-[

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 12:32:21 AM »

Simples - if we win 2 out of FGR, Tammy & S'port need to lose.

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »

Alty 1 Eastbourne 0
Tamworth 1 Forest Green 0
Kettering 1 Southport 0
We stay up!

3 results all going our way is very unlikely, so we shouldn't get too excited unfortunately. Southport will probably get the draw at Kettering, which would be fair play to them since they've taken 4 points from us this season - the key match was when we failed to beat them recently. If your an Alty player/fan/official, you just want to go down with a bit of a bang, so let's get behind the team on Saturday and do just that.

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »

Alty 1 Eastbourne 0
Tamworth 1 Forest Green 0
Kettering 1 Southport 0
We stay up!

3 results all going our way is very unlikely, so we shouldn't get too excited unfortunately. Southport will probably get the draw at Kettering, which would be fair play to them since they've taken 4 points from us this season - the key match was when we failed to beat them recently. If your an Alty player/fan/official, you just want to go down with a bit of a bang, so let's get behind the team on Saturday and do just that.

The only slight positive as well is that we can at least stay up with an FGR win as well, so we have an extra chance on that one.

As you say though its a little far fetched but this is Alty we are talking about and after yesterday, anything is possible.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

After discussing this at length for many hours late into the night last night, and then waking up every hour on the hour to puzzle it some more, the strange thing is this is actually quite possible... if you were putting a coupon on (and I suggest you don't as its tempting fate too much!), someone on a bit of a whim could quite realistically go on paper Alty win, S'port loss and FGR win... obviously, on the day anything can happen. The S'port loss is improbable (as I think they will go all out just like us), but not impossible.

It can be done, and maybe, just maybe, things will go our way again on Saturday.

The stuff of Dream St a few weeks ago!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:05:07 AM by RedRedRobin »

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

We don't want Southport to win!!!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »

We don't want Southport to win!!!

Ha ha, I clearly puzzled myself silly, amended  ;)

roytonmike

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »

Lets just make sure we WIN.
Forget the others for now.
Couldn't agree more. The LAST thing I shall want to hear on Saturday is people blethering on about other scores. If we don't win, anything that happens anywhere else is totally irrelevant, so PLEASE forget about other games until ours is over.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Last Stand