PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1600 people turn up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: 1600 people turn up  (Read 12931 times)

taxi Phil

Re: 1600 people turn up
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

I'll keep it brief, since I was fortunate not to be there today. But once again I read in the match report that "Taylor lobbed Dootson". Basically he should be tied to each post by a bungee rope so that he CAN'T wander off his line - absolutely disgraceful that a man who's played in goal for a League club can't obey one simple basic rule of being a keeper.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »

Didn't question why he was playin today but there was 5 plus games when he played and people assumed coburn was injured. He had some mares, people questioned how long till coburn was fit, only to find out he was. My grandma is more agile!

and thats with a dodgy hip and no teeth  ;)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »

nantwich away pre season, I texted wes with "its going to be a long and poor season" signs were there from the first few days, did not cope with the loss of senior or young and totally mijudjed the impact losing kearney would have.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

vic

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:56 PM »

See you soon lads.

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »

Yes, for all we complained about some of the new signings or other things that went on at the club, the fact is we lost Doughty and Kearney to injury and Young and Senior to full-time clubs.

It was always going to be tough given such bad luck. Still, it's galling that we've thrown it away by failing to register a single point against the two worst sides in the bloody division.

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »

See you soon lads.

Wouldn't that require a promotion for you? Probably won't then, will we?

chris888

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »

See you soon lads.

Wouldn't that require a promotion for you? Probably won't then, will we?

closest to seeing the slime is pre season where their sorry squad realise how sh*t their season will be? and to leave asap

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »

See you soon lads.
Some people are just totally delusional. Sorry Vic, it's unfair of me to use a word of four syllables when addressing somebody like yourself from the sticks. If Northwich was in America you'd be a redneck.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:20:36 PM by taxi Phil »

brian1925

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Yep, great idea, blame the keeper for one point in 6 games against the other relegated sides. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but i'm thinking that two abject 'centre halves' might have had something to do with it.

Bath Alty

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:40 PM »

I'll keep it brief, since I was fortunate not to be there today. But once again I read in the match report that "Taylor lobbed Dootson". Basically he should be tied to each post by a bungee rope so that he CAN'T wander off his line - absolutely disgraceful that a man who's played in goal for a League club can't obey one simple basic rule of being a keeper.
[/quote

To be fair there wasn't a lot he could do, they broke from the half way line and left our defenders for dead, he had to come out rather than sit on his line and wait for the forward to arrive.  Overall he was awful though, he flapped at every corner and didn't get near one of them.]

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 11:29:14 PM »

At the end of the day we ended up being relegated today because we were poor. Especially against teams around us (ok today wasnt pretty in the first half) but a season is over 46 games and in my opinion you end up where you deserve, sh*t officials (of which there are plenty in this league regardless of what ATS reckons) or not.

I could have fkn cried driving back to Shrewsbury tonight but I expect in a few days I will have got over it...
What really hurts is that 1600 souls came to watch that today and having watched the sh*t in first half they wont come back for a while either.

One thing is for sure though.... Come next August when were off again myself and the wife will be there shouting for the ALTY, cursing the officials and opposition and hoping that the lads (whoever they are) give us something to cheer about..  I just hope we get a squad of fighters with fire in there bellies.

Hope to see your lot back at ML at the start of next season..

Keep the faith, keeping coming to games and most of all   B E L I E V E  
CMon  THE ALTY

Butty

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »

Oh sorry, a keeper should never try to narrow the angle for a striker to aim at should he. If he had stayed rooted to his line and they scored you would criticise him for not coming out. Stupid comment.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 12:14:18 AM »

And we cant even beat a relegated side to keep ourselves up.It takes going 3 down and half a sniff of salvation for them to start playing.If you clapped that at full time your mad.Clear the decks and start again....

Thank God that wretched season is over, because it's been a painful embarrassment from the pre-season friendlies right up to that spineless farce at Moss Lane against Eastbourne Borough.

The first half was shameful, ignominious and simply unforgivable.

I'm struggling to recall an occasion when an Alty team was booed off at half-time (and deservedly so).

Frankly, I don't care if I never see any of those players again.

Anyone who believes that this club has the resources to bounce back from the BS North is delusional.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

dopamine

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »

Frankly, I don't care if I never see any of those players again.

I'd question wanting none of those players, even based on just the 1st half.  

Yes, we weren't cutting enough, there was no support chasing forward from the midfield, maybe a side effect of starting with Densmore and Robbie in the centre (notice that as soon as we had Beesley getting forward at every opportunity, more spaces were created for other attacking players and  there were actually options for Nicky Clee's runs to have a final product...) and the defence was looking as porous as usual

But despite the poor performance in that 1st half, Nicky Clee looked like he was trying to keep us in a chance single handedly, Reevesy was alert, always ready for a defensive mistake and chasing things down tirelessly, Robbie was his usual self battling away and Carl was still having a solid if unspectacular game.  Other than that admittedly not many positives, but at least give certain individuals credit where it's due even during such an overall spineless display as the 1st half was.  
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:11:42 AM by dopamine »

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 01:42:31 AM »

I think a few would relish the bsn, coburn, lawton, danylk, clee, maybe even Reeves u never know, I think we may of seen the last of the defence and dootson though, let's see
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1600 people turn up