PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1600 people turn up
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 1600 people turn up  (Read 12929 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
1600 people turn up
« on: April 30, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

And we cant even beat a relegated side to keep ourselves up.It takes going 3 down and half a sniff of salvation for them to start playing.If you clapped that at full time your mad.Clear the decks and start again....

Lew Needham

Re: 1600 people turn up
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:39:43 PM »

I'm with hughsey here, it was a joke. 3 0 down at half time its embarrassing!

There all to blame but I can't believe that at one point of the season dootson was playin ahead of coburn, awful decision

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »

dootson to blame for 2 maybe 3 goals ?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:47:25 PM »

We have a defence in front of the keeper, not all his fault.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »

Dootson was the only goalkeeper fit enough to play so there really was no decision to be made

Lew Needham

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »

Didn't question why he was playin today but there was 5 plus games when he played and people assumed coburn was injured. He had some mares, people questioned how long till coburn was fit, only to find out he was. My grandma is more agile!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:04:00 PM by Lew Needham »

Butty

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:01:50 PM »

600 people came from nowhere today, if even half of them bothered to support their local club properly, with an average gate of a tenner, thats another 69 grand the club have to play with and we wouldnt be in this situation.
For the last goal i was behind the net, it got a deflection and bounced on the loose dirt in the goalmouth, he did well to get a hand on it tbh

dunhamalty

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »

Alot of it was Williams as well he has been awful for too long now, his nervousness puts everyone under pressure. Any keeper is going to have a job replacing Stu but yea Doots didnt play well at all. I Just thought the team set up was completely wrong we didnt have a right winger and i felt sorry for James Smith who has no protection. I have no idea where we go from here but i would keep about 5 players. Well played to Beasley he played really well today and turned the match round for us, i would now consider keeping him for pre season and see how he plays

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »

Alot of it was Williams as well he has been awful for too long now, his nervousness puts everyone under pressure. Any keeper is going to have a job replacing Stu but yea Doots didnt play well at all. I Just thought the team set up was completely wrong we didnt have a right winger and i felt sorry for James Smith who has no protection. I have no idea where we go from here but i would keep about 5 players. Well played to Beasley he played really well today and turned the match round for us, i would now consider keeping him for pre season and see how he plays

Will they want to stay? Can't believe I'm still on here....some sort of forlorn hope that I dreampt it all and we're still in with a chance or more likely just wanting to communicate with others going through the same emotions......
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

dunhamalty

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 08:08:25 PM »

I don't know if they would but all we can do is hope. I hope hope hope Clee, Johnson and Reaves stay, along with coburn and lawton,(Taking into account Smith and Dens will leave) I honestly couldnt care less about the rest

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »

And we cant even beat a relegated side to keep ourselves up.It takes going 3 down and half a sniff of salvation for them to start playing.If you clapped that at full time your mad.Clear the decks and start again....

Spot on.

Please tell me that Doots has NEVER being picked ahead of Stu - that can't be true surely?

He's cost us a shed load of points in the 10 or so games he's played.

Im not blaming him as there are another 10 or so culprits but if he has ever being picked ahead of a fit Stu then thats a dreadful decision.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »

I would refer you to my earlier post.

Such was the state of Stuarts injury that, had we had permission to register the Youth Team Keeper he would have been on the bench on Monday and today

As for Dunham Alty's comment re the team set up there is only so much that any manager can do with such limited resources as were available to Ken and Bimmo today. I would suggest that the preparation would have been very thorough but if the players don't do it and you have no other resources available to replace them with then you are a bit stuck

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »

And ATS's theory that bad Refereeing decisions even themselves out during the season has also gone out the window again.
Same reason that Chelsea are still in with a chance of the Premiership title.
However in the end we are down mainly because we didnt turn up against poor sides not just because of poor officials.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 09:16:10 PM »

I know I've said some rum things re Officials but I don't recall saying that decisions balance each other out over a season

I'll agree with your other observations though

dunhamalty

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 09:23:37 PM »

i agree with the limited team selection but having no balance in the team is odd.... Second half they shuffled the pack and we played better for having a person playing right wing. I don't question the preparation or integrity of the management team just think we lined up wrongly TODAY... not usually just today
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1600 people turn up