News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's Club Party

Author Topic: Tonight's Club Party  (Read 5115 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight's Club Party
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:38:40 PM »

Hi all

Is anybody else going to tonights do. Looking forward to meeting everybody tonight and talking to players and management alike.

Should be a good evening, anybody interested in any questions to be asked.

Cheers

Steve from Sale

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Club Party
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

This will be my first - looking forward to it.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »

Scottie

If its anything like the Xmas one, it will be great fun, Graham is very funny as compere, the players distribute the raffle prizes. The whole atmosphere is Joie De Vie, hence our attendance once again.

Will be good fun and worth staying until the end, have a good time and see you later.

Steve from Sale

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »

I wonder how much Colin's shirt will fetch....?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »

Very good party last night,me and the misses enjoyed ourselves very much, thanks to the club, especially the Rowley family for organising everything. Graham was his usual humourous self, and was an excellent MC. Food was ok but found the main course rather dry with very little gravy. Players in attendance included Stu, Robbie x 2, Anthony, Adam C, Youngy, Matt Doughty, Dale, Chris Senior and on crutches but with his plaster removed, Tom Kearney.

From a reliable source I spoke to yesterday, all players are re-signing, who have not already been released or left the club so it looks like we still have the nucleus of a strong squad. That was my and I suspect our, most pleasing aspect of the night. Obviously nothing was mentioned at this stage about any new signings and to be honest I did not ask Graham. I also went up to Robbie Lawton as captain, and also Anthony and thanked them for a memoreable season. I hope you do not mind but I said I felt I was speaking for every fan when I said that. I also spoke to a few of the players at the bar. To be honest, it would be hard to find a nicer bunch of lads anywhere; who play not primarily for the money, but for a deep-rooted love of the game, and also fondness of our club. I suspect they have enjoyed themselves this season as much as we have, I sincerely hope they rest themselves during the close season because I think they have earned it. Graham himself paid credit to them for sorting things by end March, and saving our nerves. Forget the last few games because that was down to fatigue more than anything else.

The Youth team play today - Sunday and if they win are league champions, and also have a cup final match later so there a lot to be optimistic about there. The juniors also have three cup finals today and Monday, all at Alty, U15's, U16s and U17's. There is much for the future there to interest George also.

The players distributed the raffle prizes to everybody and a good time was had by all. We left just after 12pm because once again I could not dance. I did my knee in last time doing the McAliskey dance, Fortunately I was not asked to do it this time as John left the club. This time I stubbed my little toe against my Electric Guitar case walking around my bed, and have the nail now coming off, which is giving me some gyp. I wont be able to go to the gym now!! BooHoo to all that.

Anyway just thought I would give you all a debrief as to what went on last night. Great Club, Great Management, Tireless hard working board, Numerous volounteers, especially the stewards, to thank who make this such a great club, but most of all, thanks to the players themselves for their wholehearted efforts this season.

Steve from Sale

Alex

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »

Echo what steve said a great night was had, especially as we headed into the wee hours of sunday morning and people sank deeper into there drinking trousers. MC Heathcote was the usual highlight tho I doubt mrs Danylyk will be in a hurry to do nxt years event :) however my mate enjoyed being set up with robbie williams.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »

Did Robbie not follow that up, Cymru!!

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Excellent night and will go again. Thanks to everyone for organising a great event.

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 07:53:21 PM »

Did Robbie not follow that up, Cymru!!

No, he ran away quite quickly afterwards.  ;)

robins1978

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 08:03:12 PM »

It went for £400, highest bidder was young Mr. Rowley

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

A bargain!

alty snapper

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 08:33:36 AM »

A bargain!

Not according to Mrs R!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »

Very good party last night,me and the misses enjoyed ourselves very much, thanks to the club, especially the Rowley family for organising everything. Graham was his usual humourous self, and was an excellent MC. Food was ok but found the main course rather dry with very little gravy. Players in attendance included Stu, Robbie x 2, Anthony, Adam C, Youngy, Matt Doughty, Dale, Chris Senior and on crutches but with his plaster removed, Tom Kearney.

From a reliable source I spoke to yesterday, all players are re-signing, who have not already been released or left the club so it looks like we still have the nucleus of a strong squad. That was my and I suspect our, most pleasing aspect of the night. Obviously nothing was mentioned at this stage about any new signings and to be honest I did not ask Graham. I also went up to Robbie Lawton as captain, and also Anthony and thanked them for a memoreable season. I hope you do not mind but I said I felt I was speaking for every fan when I said that. I also spoke to a few of the players at the bar. To be honest, it would be hard to find a nicer bunch of lads anywhere; who play not primarily for the money, but for a deep-rooted love of the game, and also fondness of our club. I suspect they have enjoyed themselves this season as much as we have, I sincerely hope they rest themselves during the close season because I think they have earned it. Graham himself paid credit to them for sorting things by end March, and saving our nerves. Forget the last few games because that was down to fatigue more than anything else.

The Youth team play today - Sunday and if they win are league champions, and also have a cup final match later so there a lot to be optimistic about there. The juniors also have three cup finals today and Monday, all at Alty, U15's, U16s and U17's. There is much for the future there to interest George also.

The players distributed the raffle prizes to everybody and a good time was had by all. We left just after 12pm because once again I could not dance. I did my knee in last time doing the McAliskey dance, Fortunately I was not asked to do it this time as John left the club. This time I stubbed my little toe against my Electric Guitar case walking around my bed, and have the nail now coming off, which is giving me some gyp. I wont be able to go to the gym now!! BooHoo to all that.

Anyway just thought I would give you all a debrief as to what went on last night. Great Club, Great Management, Tireless hard working board, Numerous volounteers, especially the stewards, to thank who make this such a great club, but most of all, thanks to the players themselves for their wholehearted efforts this season.

Steve from Sale

Why was your electric guitar case walking round your bed?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »

But was any valid reason offered for the alarming shortage of gravy with the main course....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »

Its the gravy thats bothering me as well Cult.

Steve, can you confirm if you requested more gravy but were refused it or if you tried to make do?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight's Club Party