PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  IT ISSUES and Parking at Kidderminster
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IT ISSUES and Parking at Kidderminster  (Read 4520 times)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Parking at Kidderminster
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 04:59:03 PM »

The style sheets are now not resolving so the styling comes from the cache on your computer.

The style sheets sometimes gives a 404 error, clear your cache lose the styling.

Also we have no SSL layer on the site, which can cause these sorts of issues as non secure files are blocked for security reasons in modern browsers.

Otherwise it's because you are just sh*t at computers... up to you.

Either way Gary doesn't do this forum for anything at this point, so it would be amiss to blame him for it. Always happy to help try to fix the issues if it's wanted.

To be clear I wasn't trying to blame Gary. I was suggesting that maybe Chrome has tightened up recently which is causing the issue. I've cleared my cache and deleted all my browser history and rebooted. Still getting the same.

Interestingly when I visit the forum just now it invites me to login but then my browser warns me that the link to Altyfans isn't secure. It never used to do that.

Perhaps I'm just sh*t at computers. I only worked in IT for forty years so only a beginner really  :)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 06:44:38 PM »

I'm so very glad you lot know what you're talking about. It's all gobbledegook to me! 😊😊🤔
I'll come clean SR. I'm just bluffing.🤔

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 06:51:44 PM »

I'm so very glad you lot know what you're talking about. It's all gobbledegook to me! 😊😊🤔
I'll come clean SR. I'm just bluffing.🤔
Well that's one up on me RG. I don't know enough even to do that! 😉 😊😊
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 07:27:50 PM »

I just invited my son to view our forum. He's never been here before. He came back quickly and said it's broken. I explained the circumstances and he suggests a recent change to chromium is the culprit. All browsers except safari are underpinned by chromium so we can expect a fall off in visitors going forward unless we can get someone to investigate what is happening.

Harriers9

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
    • Harriers Online
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 10:34:17 PM »

You need someone to help with this. There must be someone on here capable or with a friend that could help out. Otherwise it wouldn't cost too much to get an IT company to help.

First call is to download the latest version from SMF and install it. That should overwrite the problems and give you an up to date board.

The other option is to use a free forum host that can import the SMF files. That would probably be the best bet because they do it for you and also keep it up to date.

Try these. They seem to be what would suit you best: https://mybb.com/

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2024, 09:27:16 AM »

I have this problem too and have tried multiple resolutions, so save the attitude Amsterdam Alty.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: IT ISSUES and Parking at Kidderminster
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2024, 02:52:24 PM »

The style sheets are now not resolving so the styling comes from the cache on your computer.

The style sheets sometimes gives a 404 error, clear your cache lose the styling.

Also we have no SSL layer on the site, which can cause these sorts of issues as non secure files are blocked for security reasons in modern browsers.

Otherwise it's because you are just sh*t at computers... up to you.

Either way Gary doesn't do this forum for anything at this point, so it would be amiss to blame him for it. Always happy to help try to fix the issues if it's wanted.

To be clear I wasn't trying to blame Gary. I was suggesting that maybe Chrome has tightened up recently which is causing the issue. I've cleared my cache and deleted all my browser history and rebooted. Still getting the same.

Interestingly when I visit the forum just now it invites me to login but then my browser warns me that the link to Altyfans isn't secure. It never used to do that.

Perhaps I'm just sh*t at computers. I only worked in IT for forty years so only a beginner really  :)

No blame, just sharing the situation for Harriers9 as much as anything.

I think we all know Gary isn't around here unless it's an emergency. I'm very willing if he spots this though to take a look at the backend and fix the issues.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
  IT ISSUES and Parking at Kidderminster