PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Corby
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Team for Corby  (Read 16215 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for Corby
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »

FFS we control the game until half time then let them in as we stop attacking. We are not good enough to contain, and there is no need to at this level, go at them we could have had loads.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

FFS we control the game until half time then let them in as we stop attacking. We are not good enough to contain, and there is no need to at this level, go at them we could have had loads.

Easy tiger, how about giving the opposition some credit in getting back into the game. 

I think we can imagine the home dressing room being 5-0 down at half time, its a huge bonus scoring 5 on the road and three more points.  We are in good form mate, grab a beer  ;)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »

Yes I know Knutty but sometimes I think we should go for the jugular when we get the chance. So many years of seeing good Alty teams take a big lead then sit back.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 05:08:33 PM »

Yes I know Knutty but sometimes I think we should go for the jugular when we get the chance. So many years of seeing good Alty teams take a big lead then sit back.

Sounds like we did go for the jugular in the first half SW, sometimes you have to give the opposition credit for getting back in the game.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »

Can we please win every game 5-2  ;D

JDN

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

Easy tiger, how about giving the opposition some credit in getting back into the game. 

I think we can imagine the home dressing room being 5-0 down at half time, its a huge bonus scoring 5 on the road and three more points.  We are in good form mate, grab a beer  ;)
your one sad f**ker Knutty Alty

Thought you were funny inpersonating me on the radio robins chatroom did you?

markecky

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 05:13:16 PM »

Honestly never thought I'd see FFS on a match thread after that.
It would have been impossible to keep that up. They come out at five down reorganise and just throw bodies forward.

They scored a good header off a corner and a decent lob in the last second.

bonz

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »

Well done lads  ;D ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:26 PM »

Just sounds like Corby came out second half and played more like the team that just went about seven games unbeaten. Can't really imagine any manager telling his team to ease up or just contain the opposition to protect the lead rather than carrying on in the same way. We are allowed to give opposing teams credit for upping their game, how patronising would it be just to assume we can overrun every team we play against for 90 minutes?

Anyway, let's all be happy that this good run of ours is still going on, long may it continue! :)
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

It would have been impossible to keep that up. They come out at five down reorganise and just throw bodies forward.

come on mark it was simply not good enough 3 points and 5 away goals scored ? Simply unaceptable
ParkINson's red and white army

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »

We just need to kill games off Mark when we can. That's all. Great result today, but 90 mins effort and concentration. we shouldn't allow any way back.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »

Corby only got to within 3 goals of us with full time beckoning. They were killed off at half time.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »

So that's ok then, glad we weren't 2 up, don't think people get this.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »

Do you think we would have shipped the two goals if we hadn't scored the five? I didn't go so cannot comment on the performance and the tactics but to win convincingly away from home is excellent. Maybe I focus too much on the positives.

markecky

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

So that's ok then, glad we weren't 2 up, don't think people get this.

I don't think I will ever see an Alty team good enough to completely control a game for 90 minutes to a team in the same league.

We were away. We were never in any danger at all but they kept plugging away. In that moreman they also had a great player.

Their was no defensive howlers, just a good header from a corner and a great finish in the last second. We had a goal disallowed second half and clee stung the keepers gloves.

Everyone I spoke to an half time knew the second half would be very different. If they had only been two
Down I doubt they would have gone for it like they did.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Corby