News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton and Potts

Author Topic: Lawton and Potts  (Read 2673 times)

jg

Lawton and Potts
« on: July 21, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »

So good to see Coiln Potts back especially if it meand we do not have to put up with constant underachievement from Laeton. After he went of against the Man U XI and potts came on we looked betterr balanced more purposeful and no longer carrying a passenger in the form of Lawton

Jg

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lawton and Potts
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:22:17 PM »

so is potts visibly much fitter than say this time last year ?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 09:29:06 PM »

Not having seen us play in the flesh since Tamworth back in April, I can't really comment on whose hot and whose not pre-season. I saw more than enough games last season though to know that Robbie Lawton is definitely not a 'passenger' and made the step up from Conference North well for his first season at Conference 'proper' last year. Everyone is glad that Pottsy is back but there is definitely room for them both in the squad. Pottsy's return if anything frees up Lawton from having to play out on the wing and move him inside to centre mid were he would probably be more effective. I'm all for criticism when needed but seems a bit bizarre to be slagging off players on the basis of pre-season matches.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:52:47 PM »

Potts looks a lot fitter than last season. He has played some killer balls into the box and I've seen him tracking back (no not to the burger hut!!) If he can keep his fittness up there should be no reason why he can't re-claim the right wing spot.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:53:53 PM »

I only saw a handful of games last season but never saw any reason to describe Robbie Lawton as a "passenger". At least he can maintain his fitness for ninety minutes.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »

If we can get a decent left back and Potts can stay fit then, from what i have seen of pre-season matches, i think a midfield of Potts, Lawton, Sedgemore and Peyton could be very solid. Even with peyton at left back and, going on his performances last season, senior on the wing, that would also be good.

With the possibility of more trialists (i saw someone called gaysham on trial from bury on the website) we could be looking at a much stronger squad. Oh the choices...

altyf

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 10:11:46 PM »

Lawton was magnifiscent last season, particularly at the beginning. I remember people saying that if the player of the year was cast then, he would have easily won. And, even when he "faded" towards the end of the season he always put unbelievable effort in! And its great to see Colin back, fit and whipping in those brilliant balls. Pottsy and Lawton would both be welcome and first team players!

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »

Too be honest, Pottsy tried very hard indeed v Millers and I would love him to sign up for the season. He is no longer the dashing winger of old, but we have so missed his crosses into the box and today he delievered lots of them.

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 10:27:31 PM »

Lawton was magnifiscent last season, particularly at the beginning. I remember people saying that if the player of the year was cast then, he would have easily won. And, even when he "faded" towards the end of the season he always put unbelievable effort in! And its great to see Colin back, fit and whipping in those brilliant balls. Pottsy and Lawton would both be welcome and first team players!

Didnt he come second in the internet fans player of the season poll even if he did 'fade' towards the end. I thought he was magnificent, especially his goal against the vics and his offside one (and the celebration) against tampaxworth!

altyf

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:02:43 PM »

Didnt he come second in the internet fans player of the season poll even if he did 'fade' towards the end. I thought he was magnificent, especially his goal against the vics and his offside one (and the celebration) against tampaxworth!
EXACTLY MY POINT, hes not a passenger at all, brilliant player.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »

Have to say I had not been impressed with Potts and had said that he is one the players that will not do it for us.

I now have to say I think against Rotherham he proved me wrong.

Potts could be the one we need to bring Robbie and The Sedge in centre with Senior on the left.

Baguley also looked good.

Cavel, sorry you are better than Andy Scott by a mile but still not sure about you. Having said that when he came on he did look alot better than he played against Bury.

Matty Berkely did nothing to light my fire.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton and Potts