News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy draw

Author Topic: FA Trophy draw  (Read 2003 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FA Trophy draw
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:08:39 AM »

Blyth Spartans or Droylsden v Gateshead
Eastbourne Borough or Guiseley v Luton Town
Darlington v Salisbury City
Chasetown v Mansfield Town or Alfreton Town

big game for blyth if they in the replay, which they wont....

bumble

Re: FA Trophy draw
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »

You'll get the usual "WE'RE NOT IN IT" comments shortly

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

Looks like the balls weren't warmed up sufficiently as Luton didn't get the obligatory easy home game.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

Great chance for someone really tin-pot to make the final. If they get Luton it could be a great payday. Mind you, if Luton make the playoff final too, their turnout might be considerably poorer than would otherwise have been the case.

I wonder how many Mansfield or Darlo could muster for the Trophy Final? 15,000ish apiece? Bit more? Chasetown would have a really small number.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »

I went to the Jonhstone Paint trophy when Luton played there v SC**thorpe and they totally took over the place. I think it was over 40,000 tickets sold to Luton in a crowd of 56,000 and they could have sold more, were originally given 30,000 and they went super quick...  Madness...

If only Alty could attract that sort of 'floating fan;, mind if only we could get to Wembley to see if we could.

I know a lot was so they could protest against the FA and last 'league' banter for sometime but still very impressive.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:55:15 AM by gazwarrington »

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »

Chasetown could do with getting knocked out - a cup run could rule out their chance of finishing above the green slime  ;D

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »

I went to the Jonhstone Paint trophy when Luton played there v SC**thorpe and they totally took over the place. I think it was over 40,000 tickets sold to Luton in a crowd of 56,000 and they could have sold more, were originally given 30,000 and they went super quick...  Madness...

If only Alty could attract that sort of 'floating fan;, mind if only we could get to Wembley to see if we could.

I know a lot was so they could protest against the FA and last 'league' banter for sometime but still very impressive.

As you say, conditions were absolutely perfect for them to take loads. Geographically close, anger at the FA, league season dead in the water and a chance of a last hurrah, etc. However, 40,000 is a hell of a lot. Really, Luton should spend all their time knocking about in the second or third tier. The fact they're down here is incredible.

I'd like to think we could take up around 10,000 to Wembley. If every fan went, including casuals and exiles, then friends, family, United and City fans interested to just go along for the occasion, we'd get up to a respectable number. Didn't Glossop take about 5,000 for the Vase? We'd beat that, Shirley?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »

Sadly the only relevance this has to us now is that if Mansfield get through their replay (which they won't) then their game at home to Southport on Feb 26 will need to be re-arranged.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA Trophy draw