News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Many to choose from

Author Topic: Many to choose from  (Read 1550 times)

Dougals Dad

Many to choose from
« on: February 28, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »

"John Laidlar writes, "When I recently took early retirement from my job in The John Rylands University Library at The University of Manchester, my colleagues very kindly held a leaving collection. Unbeknown to me, they had contacted Derek Wilshaw, secretary of Altrincham FC, and arranged to use some of the proceeds from that collection to purchase a commemorative shield (pictured) to be presented each season to the "Altrincham FC Volunteer of the Year".
As only one deserving person can receive the award each year, the many other deserving candidates can look forward to recognition in future years. It has been agreed that the final choice of the winner will be made jointly by the club chairman, Grahame Rowley, Derek Wilshaw and myself, based on nominations received from supporters. Please send your suggestions, any time from now till the end of season, in writing or by e-mail to Altrincham FC, Moss Lane, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 8AP.

The award will be made at the end of season players' award ceremony. Anyone who does work or raises funds for Alty without payment is eligible to be nominated". "

How to choose a diamond from a chestful of jewels...?

robins1978

Re: Many to choose from
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »

My vote has been emailed in already!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Many to choose from
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

Think its a great idea,i would have voted for the member of staff who looked after me and my father when we watched our home defeat against Mansfield last season.But seeing as i live in Devon and dont get to many games at all now.i will leave it upto the people who do.
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Many to choose from