PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nine players leaving...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Nine players leaving...  (Read 25732 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nine players leaving...
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 12:47:05 AM »

I think it's clear that, probably due to a reduced budget, that NY cannot wait for any players with fitness issues. He knows from his time at Chester just how good a fit Nicky Clee is.

I think Reevesy has 30 conf north goals in him and a partnership with ranks is much more viable at this level.

I have doubts about whether some players on the way down have the spirit and momentum we had on the way up? A sad end to some Alty careers I had time for but no real arguments from me.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 01:24:59 AM »

For me it is a case of "a new broom sweeps clean"................after the fiasco last season, it was maybe time for a change.

Several players fully deserve to be shown the door and others are victims (I assume) of our relegation and budget cuts and the fact they are 'guilty by association' with what was such a poor side at National level.

Terrible to see Nicky Clee released and Tom Marshall, but I trust the manager. I am guessing that the manager has decided there is no place for 'passengers' and there is reasonable risk that both may not regain the required fitness and will spend too much time on the treatment table whilst taking money from the kitty (not their fault I must add). Keeping Lawrie has to be a risk - surprised by this.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »

Lawrie is such a frustrating "luxury" player, loads of ability but cant keep the ball and lacks concentration. So often he loses the ball in dangerous positions and his delivery is shocking at times.

However, he is young, fit always tries hard, runs well with the ball at feet and maybe Neil Young could be the man to get the best out of him?

He will do better at CN level but his best position seems to be central behind the striker(s) as he has two good feet so he can go either way which always makes defending more difficult.
the point is he (like many others) to date he has been managed poorly. Let's see how he applys himself now he's working with a proper manager

No f**king around anymore - he has the ability
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:13:38 AM by Bangladesh Bad Boy »

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 07:05:33 AM »

I am really sad about Nicky Clee going, one of my favorite players to have played for Alty. So skilful and always brought a buzz to the ground when he got the ball, so many happy memories.

We will see him again I have no doubt, probably when we play Harrogate, Dens better watch out when we do.
Agree with you - but previous management destroyed him

GB Alty

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 07:10:05 AM »

I'm a bit concerned in all honesty. Some of those released players are more than good enough.
maybe good enough but Youngy has already said he wants players with heart and commitment who will battle

Most of those released (those which arent injured) give none of that. Their sh*thouses, and thats why they have been released

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2016, 07:35:58 AM »

I'm a bit concerned in all honesty. Some of those released players are more than good enough.
maybe good enough but Youngy has already said he wants players with heart and commitment who will battle

Most of those released (those which arent injured) give none of that. Their sh*thouses, and thats why they have been released
Yummy. Vitriol with my breakfast.....

taxi Phil

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2016, 08:34:49 AM »

Yummy. Vitriol with my breakfast.....

It's supposed to be healthy and full of vitamins.....oh, wait a minute, that was Virol.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »

One thing we're not privy to, is the wages these guys are picking up. I have a feeling Lawrie might be very cheap, in which case we might as well have a look at him at CN level again (and I'm not his biggest fan).

On that basis though, I'm surprised that Ranks would stick around, as he MUST be one of the highest earners. I suppose the logic is that him and Reevesy, fully fit, would blaze most of the league.

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2016, 12:25:39 PM »

Lawrie is the one I'm not convinced about staying but I suppose he could be a good option coming off the bench,I just hope Neil doesn't see him as a regular starter!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again : IMO Lawrie is an absolutely awful player, and if NY does sign him, then the manager will have gone down in my estimation before the season even starts. >:( >:(

I absolutely agree. Whether it's behind the strikers or elsewhere, seems to turn a great number of promising positions into the opposite. No better in the conference north from what I remember.

Truly sorry to see Nicky Clee go but onwards and upwards I guess. I anticipate a transitional mid table season....

Jezza

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »

Very sorry to see nicky clee go....given i am sure we will be 'having a look' at various players' fitness skill and desire in the friendlies id have hoped nicky would have been given a chance to prove his fitness.
I expect a fully fit brilliant left winger and a top notch keeper to sign in time for the friendlies!
And i expect a fully fit slimline rankine to turn up for pre season...

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »

One thing we're not privy to, is the wages these guys are picking up. I have a feeling Lawrie might be very cheap, in which case we might as well have a look at him at CN level again (and I'm not his biggest fan).

On that basis though, I'm surprised that Ranks would stick around, as he MUST be one of the highest earners. I suppose the logic is that him and Reevesy, fully fit, would blaze most of the league.
I think your wrong Lawrie been here 5 years so he will defo be one of the highest earners

brian1925

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »

I think it is logical to assume that those players who have been with us longest, will be on the highest wages.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2016, 01:58:07 PM »

Oh really? I thought that might have made them cheaper? In most walks of life, you have to move on to get your pay rises  ::)

M17

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »

Some of these players will come back and haunt us and I'm not expecting more than mid table very hard league now going to take a bit of time to

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2016, 02:37:40 PM »

Some of these players will come back and haunt us and I'm not expecting more than mid table very hard league now going to take a bit of time to
Where are you off to Ryan?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nine players leaving...