News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tactics again!

Author Topic: Tactics again!  (Read 1379 times)

andyc

Tactics again!
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:18:52 AM »

I really am sick of the selection of the team by GH. I and others have said time after time that Lawton cannot play right mid and O'Neill needs to play behind a front two with Senior starting. I've been watching Alty for over 25 yrs and watching this season has been awful. I would prefer to be watching attacking football in the Conf North instead of lets defend from the off and scrape a nil nil, its so demoralising. Obvoiusly we would prefer to be playing Oxford, Exeter etc but whats the point if we just sit back, it is just driving the fans away. Droylsden is the game when we need to start with 2 wingers and 2 forwards, Senior & Little. GH obviously has his favourites who he won't drop like Lawton, play him in the middle, not on the right. Come on GH have some balls and change it, go for a win from the start, the fans will appreciate it and we should get to see a game worth watching for a change. STOP PLAYING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION JUST TO ACCOMODATE THEM IN THE TEAM! 

Daycare Dan

Re: Tactics again!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »

It's frustrating as a fan to hear 'Cote talk about the effort to get in a decent left back over the past 15 months and then see him sit on the bench till we are 1-0 down with 15 to go and bring him on at left wing. I can't honestly see what Clancey could have done to change the game yesterday, Logan and Potts at the same time might have given us something different...

The other point to raise is why are we showing some teams too much respect, yes play a compact game against Oxfords, Exeter's etc, but Grays at home, Stafford away and yesterday if we'd have tried to attack rather than sit back and contain we could have had three wins, instead we have one point against three sides who were to be honest quite poor.

If we get anything out of Cambridge it will be a bonus, but Saturday we have to get the three points, we can't not beating teams around us especially at home; but will the manager change his approach? I think not.

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »

All GH has got to do is play the best players he has available in their best positions. It's not rocket science.
Stu or Acton
Lane
Clancy or Peyton
Tinson
Munroe or Shotton
O'Neil or Lawton
Whalley or Sedgemore
Senior or Potts
Logan
Little
A.N. Other (loan striker)

The players I've not mentioned should be released to pay for A.N. Other. A couple of the kids (McFadden, Berkeley etc) can act as cover in the squad. Well, that's what I'd do anyway.

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »

I posted quite a harsh thread about peoples views of the Oxford match where I still believe that GH played the correct way.

However it seems it played it wrong yesterday.

The gap in points is now huge and we have to close it FAST.

If we dont close it then changes are needed somewhere at the club, be it management, formation, players.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tactics again!