PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money !
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Money !  (Read 9016 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Money !
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 05:53:33 PM »

Brilliant news and a good positive message from the chairman. Let's give him some credit for that. Indeed it is time for everyone to pull together and get out of this hole we're in.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 05:54:07 PM »

I wouldn't pay any attention to any figures on any website, because it isn't correct.
Presumably this refers to Mr. Watmore rather than the FA Cup? FA figures re Cup are verifiable whereas anything relating to Watmore has to be pure speculation; that deal will have been subject to strict confidentiality clauses.

Yes, beg your pardon Mike, I miss read and thought it said the FA website was saying we'd received £4,500 by way of appearance payment, sorry

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 05:56:22 PM »

Is it just me thinking 'what's £4500 going to do to help us get out of this mess?'

Any amount of money is a bonus but £4500 is going to get us one £90 a week player by my reckoning.

Great news admittedly but I'm not getting too giddy myself.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 05:56:38 PM »

Depends how big the five figure sum is as to how much we can improve the squad really. If it's £10,000 that's one player at £270 a week on a 37 week contract until 1st June. Hopefully it'll be nearer the £50,000 mark so we can strengthen considerably.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »

Is it just me thinking 'what's £4500 going to do to help us get out of this mess?'

Any amount of money is a bonus but £4500 is going to get us one £90 a week player by my reckoning.

Great news admittedly but I'm not getting too giddy myself.

That's the FA Cup money for winning on Sat. My apologies. Hopefully we've got £99,000.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 06:06:51 PM »

Great news we need every penny we can get

Need a win sat and off load the burden of the poor players and we may stand a chance
ParkINson's red and white army

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 06:20:48 PM »

I hear Steve McLaren is studying at manc met for a ownership role.

Could approach him like Noel White to run and invest before going onto bigger things.

GB Alty

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 06:27:56 PM »

I wouldn't pay any attention to any figures on any website, because it isn't correct.
how do you know? You on the board now

GB Alty

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »

Brilliant news and a good positive message from the chairman. Let's give him some credit for that. Indeed it is time for everyone to pull together and get out of this hole we're in.
I give credit to Pete Hughes and his rally call for unity which Rowley is jumping on the back of

Thanks Pete  ???

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 06:47:34 PM »

Exactly, it was Pete that issued the rallying call. Incidentally, what are we giving the Chairman credit for?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »

Giving him credit for putting out the first positive statement the club has issued in living memory and responding in the right way to Pete's post this morning. It doesn't erase the mistakes that have been made but I feel he showed a bit of humility in what he said.

That deserves a little bit of credit. I wasn't nominating him for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Come on Alty!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 10:16:37 PM »

Happy days, just what we need!

Also, for those who aren't happy maybe we should just consider this an acknowledgment that bad decisions have been made about on pitch affairs. Otherwise I imagine the attitude would be 'we need stability on and off the pitch' and we already have faith in Jim to turn it around. That's just a suggestion, I fully expect the negativity to continue until the current board are gone, without compromise. I've decided to just let this play out and hope it's all for the best!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:00 PM »

Pete Hughes issues a rallying cry!  The chairman echoes his sentiments.

We now have a manager who we can all unite behind.

(We had a half without conceding a goal)

We have (even now) a spine that is more than good enough to keep it us up if we can get a good (enough) 11 out every week

We now have (Duncan) funds to rebuild or at worst pay off some of the existing contracts I am sure we can raise more funds (and I will do more than my bit, having been referred to a couple of times today, and no I do not regret what I have done)

Lets consider this as our lowest point, unite and build the future starting today

I dont care whose fault it is that we are here - it is much more important to fix it.  And I believe that in the past couple of days we have moved a long way in the right direction.

Now we move forward

mortlakebob

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 11:33:39 PM »

Pete hughes for assistant manager! Get in the dressing room pre match Pete on sat.
Inspiring post leading to great chairman statement. as a direct response i am donating 50 quid to subsidise a bit the costs of the next away game supporters coach. Can someone point me in right direction who to give it to. Thanks.

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 11:41:32 PM »

Pete hughes for assistant manager! Get in the dressing room pre match Pete on sat.
Inspiring post leading to great chairman statement. as a direct response i am donating 50 quid to subsidise a bit the costs of the next away game supporters coach. Can someone point me in right direction who to give it to. Thanks.

Contact TASC, Mark Ecky or Brian Flynn would be my suggestion mate. Top gesture.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money !