News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play Off Song

Author Topic: Play Off Song  (Read 3196 times)

taxi Phil

Play Off Song
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »

Their relegation to "this tinpot league" was confirmed yesterday.......

"Oh, we don't want to go to Bar - row"............

Iateallthepies

Re: Play Off Song
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »

I hope you don't mind me asking a question hear?

With Barrow now in B.S.N for next season,
Will there have to be a bit of league reconstruction for nest season?
how will Oxford city and Bishop stortford cope with that trip next season.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:16:28 PM »

It will get moved around a bit mate. As (more than likely) 3 northern teams will be coming down we will lose (probably) bishops stortford, oxford city and Histon from the BSN. It has happened before. The reason Stortford are  in our league at the minute is because they are the most northern "BSS" team. I think (dont hold me to this) that Nuneaton or someone similar (Worcester or Gloucester?) may have played in in the BSS at some point. Hope that helps. :)

Iateallthepies

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

thanks, i was wondering where the north south divide starts?

I think some team called North Ferriby united or Hednesford will come up from the evo stick premier.
I think we will go up this time.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »

North Ferriby is just this side of Hull so they would be BSN. Recent discussion on here about our defeat there some years back. 

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »

It will get moved around a bit mate. As (more than likely) 3 northern teams will be coming down we will lose (probably) bishops stortford, oxford city and Histon from the BSN. It has happened before. The reason Stortford are  in our league at the minute is because they are the most northern "BSS" team. I think (dont hold me to this) that Nuneaton or someone similar (Worcester or Gloucester?) may have played in in the BSS at some point. Hope that helps. :)

I dont think that is correct as although the 3 that come down from the BSP will be northern clubs, the two BSN promoted clubs replace them. That means there is only one extra Northern club coming into the BSN. This would logically mean that the most southernly club in the BSN would move into the BSS which is Gloucester City followed very closely by Bishop's Stortford. This would on paper make the BSN more competitive as I would expect Stockport, Gateshead or Lincoln to be stronger than BS or Gloucester.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »

I dont think that is correct as although the 3 that come down from the BSP will be northern clubs, the two BSN promoted clubs replace them. That means there is only one extra Northern club coming into the BSN. This would logically mean that the most southernly club in the BSN would move into the BSS which is Gloucester City followed very closely by Bishop's Stortford. This would on paper make the BSN more competitive as I would expect Stockport, Gateshead or Lincoln to be stronger than BS or Gloucester.

You have to also factor in those in the othee two feeser leagues

Im sure clubs who move from BSN to BSS or vice versa sign up to have 2 seasons in that division in order to help planning

Oxford may therefore stay and Stortford may leave.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

We could get Stourbridge. Is Leamington's ground up to standard, because they look a definite.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »

other way round - Stourbridge haven't got an adequate ground. Chesham are in the play off picture - I have a mate who supports them and is worried they may end up in the BSN - Chesham is actually on the London Underground!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »

other way round - Stourbridge haven't got an adequate ground. Chesham are in the play off picture - I have a mate who supports them and is worried they may end up in the BSN - Chesham is actually on the London Underground!!
Thanks Hemel......I seem to recall now that Stourbridge's ground is three sided with a cricket pitch down the fourth side. So Leamington will definitely be in BSN next year, which should release Bishops Stortford. If Barwell came through the play offs, another of this season's opponents would move South as well.

Chesham should have absolutely no fears of being "Northernised"  ;)

Iateallthepies

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »

what about for the play off song.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next  manic street preachers?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play Off Song