PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Barnet Match Thread  (Read 18004 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Barnet Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2021, 06:00:18 PM »

At half time, in the same of their calamitous goal, I messaged Hughesie : "We'll contrive to lose this". I should have put money on Barnet at half time.

Once again we lacked serious attacking intent, and pissfarted about with the ball in and around the area. Thompson has gone back to where he was at the start of last season, Moult looked totally worn out, Mooney isn't good enough for this level. Will somebody please give Bell the timetable for the 11A and send him back to Edgeley Park.

We're about 7 players short of where we need to be if we're not going down next season.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 06:02:15 PM »

On the upside, these Saturday defeats are saving me a fortune due to not having to buy the Non League Paper.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 06:03:12 PM »

No words really.

Game played at pedestrian pace. Gifted them  2 goals  and haven't got a striker for nln.

Thought kirby was decent.

Why Thompson hasn't shouted at Sutton for goal is beyond me.

I'd be resting Thompson and Moult and sending Bell back.

Commentary said we went 4-1-4-1. Well there's no point I'm playing a 1 up front because not one of them is  good enough.

Go 4-3-3  and let the top 3 be liquid.

It's easy to change personal and tactics but harder to inject some bollocks into the team

This point is massive. Who of the current squad have the heart of a Maddox or Talbot? Kosyolo can be a bit angry at times but at least he’s got a pair and shows a bit of fight

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2021, 06:05:11 PM »

What does Richman need to do to get a kick?

Don't wanna be too harsh on new lad in midfield but he didn't sparkle like I anticipated (like too many of the signings)

I may be old fashioned but I prefer a left footed left back.

Bell reminds me of the big daft Central strikers often found in Parks football some time ago. Occasionally produces brilliance then trips over his own laces or watches a shot depart to the pitch next door but one.

Awful performance following a run of awful performances.

PP has work to do

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2021, 06:43:59 PM »

At least the pitch looked good.
Three cheers for the pitch. I feel utterly bemused.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2021, 07:12:57 PM »

Seriously Parky, if the players can't be arsed, then why should fans purchase the stream?

Hey, us season ticket holders committed to purchasing it way back in September of last year and potentially still have four more home matches to endure!

That mortifying capitulation this afternoon means that it is now 11 defeats in our last 16 fixtures.

Merely 11 points gained from the last 48 that have been available.

An unacceptable decline.

At this rate, 1,000 spectators may well be allowed to attend our final home fixture of the season but not many will choose to take up the opportunity.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:51 PM »

I agree with the earlier contributor.

We wouldn't have conceded today's goals with the 2005 team, all of whom played 100% for the shirt.

Can you believe that a team with Eddie Hussin, Val Owen, Talbs, Maddog and Stuart Coburn ( plus the rest) would have capitulated to such an extent.
The two Centre Backs alone would have been ropable at the final few minutes

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 08:53:56 PM »

one wonders whether we should worry more about the standard of players rather than invest in the pitch
Come on you red and white........

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2021, 09:06:11 PM »

one wonders whether we should worry more about the standard of players rather than invest in the pitch

Doesn't matter who the players are if we have no pitch to play on.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2021, 09:48:19 PM »

and we could have a world class pitch with players on it that capitulate
Come on you red and white........

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 07:33:41 AM »

and we could have a world class pitch with players on it that capitulate

The pitch has been a joke since I started watching Alty. If you can’t see further than the end of your nose with your strategy I’m just glad you aren’t anywhere near the Board.

Or do you just want to be Gainsborough in disguise?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2021, 08:18:02 AM »

we could have Harry kane upfront,but if you do not get the ball crossed into the box he would never score
Harold

RobskiRobin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »

I said it last week and I’ll say it again, the squad needs a total overhaul. There are lads at the club who have been amazing for us and played a huge part over the last 4 years but the truth is they’re nowhere near good enough for this level, at least if we want to be competitive. Not one of us on here moaned when PP put all the playoff winners on 2 year contracts, we saw it as a reward for all the hard work they’d put in but the simple fact is being sentimental is killing us. I know this will be shouted down but for me we need to move on from the likes of Jake, Ringo and Dens, all 3 are genuine legends at the club but along with Hannighan, White, Hampson, Willo, Hancock and even Kosylo they’re all getting older together and we need legs in the team to compliment those players like a Smith and Senior.

And finally, I’m the biggest fan of PP, I think he’s the sole reason we are where we are and has given us a team to put a smile on our faces but what other club would have given a full time, 3 year contract to a manager that has gone though a run the we’re currently on? The answer is none and I can’t help but feel this has played some part in being stuck in this rut.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2021, 09:38:00 AM »

I said it last week and I’ll say it again, the squad needs a total overhaul. There are lads at the club who have been amazing for us and played a huge part over the last 4 years but the truth is they’re nowhere near good enough for this level, at least if we want to be competitive. Not one of us on here moaned when PP put all the playoff winners on 2 year contracts, we saw it as a reward for all the hard work they’d put in but the simple fact is being sentimental is killing us. I know this will be shouted down but for me we need to move on from the likes of Jake, Ringo and Dens, all 3 are genuine legends at the club but along with Hannighan, White, Hampson, Willo, Hancock and even Kosylo they’re all getting older together and we need legs in the team to compliment those players like a Smith and Senior.

And finally, I’m the biggest fan of PP, I think he’s the sole reason we are where we are and has given us a team to put a smile on our faces but what other club would have given a full time, 3 year contract to a manager that has gone though a run the we’re currently on? The answer is none and I can’t help but feel this has played some part in being stuck in this rut.

Not one of us moaned? Atleast 3 people I know were outraged at the length of these deals. For unproven or even never played at this level players.

Even we'd made the playoffs, atleast 4 or 5 would needed to be moved on, so to give everyone 2 years was and is suicidal.
Some of think Phills 3 year deal is too long given the run of form in the 2nd half the season.
It's all my fault.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »

First half was very impressive (up until the mistake).  I thought the 4141 looked good and Moult played well in front of the 4.  Liked the new lad who i thought had energy.
Not sure i understand the slagging of mooney is getting, he was unplayable at Torquay before getting injured.
2nd half, something else is going on here, that looked abject, the spark has gone so it could be energy levels or individuals, just felt like i was watching the last game of the season when neither team had anything to play for.
Bell didnt impress.
Essentially the same team that battled so well away at sutton and went on that run now looks much much worse.  I'm not sure its radical changes (that way lies constant changes and relegation), just somehow need our mojo back.  Worried where the next win comes from!
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnet Match Thread