PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Mess at Vics Worsens...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Mess at Vics Worsens...  (Read 5720 times)

markecky

« on: April 22, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »

They planned a red card protest yesterday against the way the club was being run on 18 and 74 mins (when they were formed)

Jim Rushe got one of the cards and did it back at them.  What an act of utter contempt...

It also seems only about 50% of the Vics fans did it....and there was trouble between factions as well.

God knows where they go from here...

http://www.nvfc.co.uk/forum/vics-chat/95931-jim-rushe-showing-red-card-to-vics-fans

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Mess at Vics Worsens...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »

What a mess, I'm gutted for them.
I loved the Vic's games.
Hope they see sense and get it sorted.
Glad we have a well run club.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »

What a gigantic prick

"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

Unbelievable.

You have to wonder why on earth rushe holds onto the club?

Time for their trust to break away and start up a phoenix club now for next season playing in northwich...nvfc2012 or whatever it is will die and the remaining faction will either follow or wont.....

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »

Is there bad blood between them and Witton?
On the face of it, a ground share with a club about half a mile away seems the obvious way out, but it never seems to be discussed.

whopper

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »

The question is which evil dictator is worse.... Connett or rush??

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »

Is there bad blood between them and Witton?
On the face of it, a ground share with a club about half a mile away seems the obvious way out, but it never seems to be discussed.

I believe Witton are still owed a substantial sum from the last time V*cs were tenants and would not stand for the current regime moving there.

Perhaps a fans-run new club might be different?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »

The response I read somewhere from a witton fan (can't recall the source) is along the lines of why the hell should they run a steady ship and a tidy ground so that their biggest rivals who have been mismanaged for years can suddenly land on their feet with a decent ready made stadium on their doorstep?

I can't really argue with that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:07:33 PM by Bob »

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »

The response I read somewhere from a witton fan (can't recall the source) is along the lines of why the hell should they run a steady ship and a tidy ground so that their biggest rivals who have been mismanaged for years can suddenly land on their feet with a decent ready made stadium on their doorstep?

I can't really argue with that.
Like WE'D let either Vics or Macclescum loose at Moss Lane on a regular basis ? Yeah, right  >:(

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 12:22:53 AM »

Just read through that linked thread. I can not for the life of me see how anyone (even allowing for limited mental capacity) could support Rushe unless they are in his employ. It seems completely unfathomable to me. The man is as corrupt as they come and quite obviously a thoroughly unpleasant character to boot. He has helped to drag a once proud animal (admittedly weakened by Connett's capers) to the gates of the abattoir and looks intent on getting every last penny he can off what's left of the club's flesh. Nasty people deserve to come to a nasty end, unfortunately it seldom happens. Decent supporters deserve better and rivalry aside I truly hope a new supporter-led green and white beast rises from the ashes sooner rather than later.

We all need that green and white pot. Life would not be the same without it.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »

And he won't resign he has said >:(

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 07:12:25 PM »

It is difficult to consider Vics as ricals when they are in such a sorry state. Rivals implies some respect, but how can anyone respect such a joke of a club? I truly hope Vics can get themselves out of this mess whether it be by getting rid of Rushe or starting from scratch.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »

"Pitchero Non-League reports that "After news filtered through that Northwich Victoria were to be relegated to the lowest level its team has ever played at, owner Jim Rushe says he will not resign. He told the Northwich Guardian that it is wrong to blame him for the club’s third demotion in as many years, only one of which was because the players on the pitch were not good enough."

edit suggestion:

the players on the pitch whose wages were drawn from money owed to creditors under an insolvency judgement to which the club did not adhere were not good enough.

Must try harder Northwich Guardian.

bumble

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 08:03:33 PM »

NorthwichVicsFC former administrator Gary Pettit has just confirmed to me that he now plans to petition to wind up NVFC (2004) Ltd.
As it stands NVFC (2007) Ltd 'bought' nothing as the £10,000 to transfer membership of that firm to the #EvoStikNPL has never been paid. It was the responsibility of NVFC (2007) Ltd to pay the monthly instalments of the CVA. It now kinds of exists in a football-themed limbo.

Statement
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/vics/news/9676385.STATEMENT__Former_administrator_responds_to_Vics____owner/

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 09:52:39 PM »

It's not Rushe's fault. And John Wilkes Booth didn't assassinate Lincoln, Germany won World War II, and Gunners 11 has just been appointed Poet Laureate.

See you all later when I get back from my hot date with Penelope Cruz.

(FFS.........) ::)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team