PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich next week.........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Northwich next week.........  (Read 9955 times)

Little CamVic

Re: Northwich next week.........
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:48 AM »

Bloody hell little cam vics first hughesy now hsmith whos next you just trying to add more fuel to the fire because theres enough hate between the clubs two sets of fans without you adding more. Well the fans you have left anyway

;D No, you've got it wrong Jimbo. No offence meant to hsmith!

He really should just be enjoying the season. I don't think there's a need to be looking over your shoulders. I reckon you'll finish nearer the play-offs than than the bottom four.

Too many poor teams in what is a very poor league; the standard this year is even worse than last.

As for adding fuel to the fire....Hughesy is a perennial Vics basher. It all gets a little bit tiresome and strangely enough every year he always ups the heat just before we are due to play you.

The hate you talk about largely goes one way I'm afraid. I think most of our fans just feel envious.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »

The rivarly between Northwich and Alty goes back years and years, its old school.

Lets face its become a bit of a pantomine at Northwich. If the shoe was on the other foot Im sure similar comments would be made about Alty. 

Little CamVic

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »

The rivarly between Northwich and Alty goes back years and years, its old school.

Lets face its become a bit of a pantomine at Northwich. If the shoe was on the other foot Im sure similar comments would be made about Alty. 

I don't think they would to be honest. It's difficult enough getting some Vics fans interested in their own club let alone the goings on of others. Far too much apathy.

And yes the rivalry has been going on for years. I've been watching Vics for 30 years and can remember it, however, it was never so bitter and hate-filled as it is now.

We know our club is a pantomine, you'll hear very few deny that. Sure there are some JR sycophants just as there were the MC sycophants (in fact they're the same people) but the majority are just highly embarrassed by the whole situation.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »

And yes the rivalry has been going on for years. I've been watching Vics for 30 years and can remember it, however, it was never so bitter and hate-filled as it is now.

I don't think its changed between the Alty and the Vics.  We hardly got on in the 80's, standing in that bus shelter at the Drill Field with verbals flying around.   

brian1925

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »

I think it's a great rivalry between our two clubs and long may it continue! Let's face it, real Alty fans don't want Vics to go bust and real Vics fans don't want Alty to go down - why would they? We all love this banter before our games. One or both of us are usually in disarray prior to the game and this just seems to add spice to what is already a great contest. For the record, I don't think we are safe yet LCV - this talk of mid-table is bewildering! I suspect you will get a result against us next week, for reasons which have been well documented on this forum, but it has been a crazy season and our last 14 players might just have a surprise or two up their sleeve...

markecky

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:15 AM »

Football is nothing without rivalry.  Alty, Macc, Vics, Runcorn have been rivals for years, these games pulled huge crowds in the sixties and seventies.  My grandad used to tell me about his dilsike of Northwich and Macc.

Don't get me wrong, I am never saying it should be turned into violence but you have to have rivals...its part of football.  I'm not a great believer in the "let hold hands in the happy non league world" ethos when it comes to local teams.

And now the internet means that stuff can be reacted to quicker.

I've had to have a week off work to read all the crackers that Jim "repayments" Rushe has given us so far.

Little CamVic

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 11:43:25 AM »

I've had to have a week off work to read all the crackers that Jim "repayments" Rushe has given us so far.

You should manage it in a lunch hour. One bg problem is that Jim doesn't talk to anyone nearly enough...and when he does it's with arbitrary statements like "we're 90% of the way to buying the ground".

If you're lucky you'll get one cracker a week out of him and even then it's usually the same one that he served up the week before and the week before that.

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »

On the violence bit, if Alty fans ever started any violence at any game that I was at I would think twice about watching Alty again.

Having said this in over 30 years of watching Alty I have never seen Alty fans start any violence so I dont ever expect to see it. Alty fans are not trouble makers. Having said that neither do I believe Vics are.

Standing on either side of a fence shouting and screaming and calling each other all the names under the sun is good fun however  ;D  and long may it continue. I think both sets of supporters would agree with me on this.

As a closing point I hope we smash Vics out of sight and get three points next week. COME ON ALTY.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 03:27:02 PM »

interesting discussion really
i agree that years ago there wasnt the bile there appears to be now. we used to go to drill field and stand with the old guys in font of the stand for the full 90 minute argument and it was one of the highlights of the year. is it because of the segregation? i mean that when you are segregated you might feel more at liberty to shout/chant things that you wouldnt if you werent so 'safe'

Little CamVic

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »

interesting discussion really
i agree that years ago there wasnt the bile there appears to be now. we used to go to drill field and stand with the old guys in font of the stand for the full 90 minute argument and it was one of the highlights of the year. is it because of the segregation? i mean that when you are segregated you might feel more at liberty to shout/chant things that you wouldnt if you werent so 'safe'

Yeah, there might be some logic in that.

Also as MarkE says, we can respond much faster with the Internet and it's a heck of a lot easier, and safer, insulting someone from behind a PC at the other end of the country!!

Given the way the internet does fuel things though, I doubt we could go back to unsegregated Vics / Alty games as it just takes one d*ck head...

Have you had the Histon experience yet where a bunch of their chavs come and stand next to you (unsegregated) and sing the usual crap songs in your face for 90 minutes without actually watching the match. They've gone all billy big b0ll0x recently.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »

I am old school,i remember alty at Drill Fields in the 60s and i can remember stones being thrown back and to across the river between the two sets of fans.Also going throught the bus station and the bus repair shed to get to Vics ground.Oh those were the days :D :D

anyone know how to do a dream smiley?

its good to see little cam vic posting on here,will he be in the home end Tuesday?
Harold

Little CamVic

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »

I am old school,i remember alty at Drill Fields in the 60s and i can remember stones being thrown back and to across the river between the two sets of fans.Also going throught the bus station and the bus repair shed to get to Vics ground.Oh those were the days :D :D

anyone know how to do a dream smiley?

its good to see little cam vic posting on here,will he be in the home end Tuesday?

He is a she and will be in the away end!  ;)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:51 PM »

Have you had the Histon experience yet where a bunch of their chavs come and stand next to you (unsegregated) and sing the usual crap songs in your face for 90 minutes without actually watching the match. They've gone all billy big b0ll0x recently.

wow that really must be a rentacrowd

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »

He is a she and will be in the away end!  ;)

Ah,now it all makes sense, I bet your house is filthy considering the amount of time you spend on here  :-* ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »

first of all a big Sorry to little cam,for presuming she was a he and just to explain to her I am now an Alty excile living in deepest Devon 4 miles outside of Exeter,so only get to see Alty about 3 times a season now.
Harold
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich next week.........