PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich next week.........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Northwich next week.........  (Read 9953 times)

Jimbo Alty FC

Re: Northwich next week.........
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »

Can't wait for next week if we score two or more we've won because Stuarts performance last night was fantastic the penalty save that were never a penalty then his brilliant acrobatic one handed save in the second half.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

What worries me is they have brought in the new players and on top of that they got that draw at Wrexham which could mean that the team is turning the corner and making there pusy again to escape the relegation.I dont think its a level playing field when a team is allowed to sign players and not pay others,this is wrong,Northwich should have been made to pay their players wages before bringing in new ones that can make a difference to them.
If at the end of the season Northwich survive because of it and we got relegated then i would be really cheesed off.

Don't be so utterly pessimistic! I thought I was bad yesterday.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »

Fully agree too pessimistic  ;D

fuertes

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »

When did they last win a football match?? I'm not having all this nervousness, let's just get behind our (superior) team and enjoy the victory when it arrives.

Last year everyone urged GH to attack teams becuase we were good enough to give people a game, now when we're up against the worst team in the league people are predicting draws or defeats...f**k's sake!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »

let's just get behind our (superior) team and enjoy the victory when it arrives

Well I wouldn't go quite as far as that, my you must be confident  ;D

And for the record Northwich last won a league game on the 18th October.........wait for it.....against Lewes
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 03:25:08 PM by Knutsford Alty »

highwayman

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

I too can't wait for next week.

I too am nervous about getting turned over by Vics

At least we are not going to be complacent going into the match.

It's going to be a cracker because Vics will be desperate to win and get their Great Escape underway and we will be desperate to win to get nearer the 50+ points total for survival.

However, the hype over the next week will probably strangle the life out of the game!

Can't wait!

p.s. Brought 4 mates to the game last night who loved the atmosphere ( they are more used to Premier League) and they will probably come next week to see what all this Derby rivalry is all about!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »

Nortwich's last win was on October 18th when they won 3-2 at lewes, their only away win of the season so far.

The following week they played Telford - so the money they owe is 3 months overdue!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »

Is this the game of knocking letters out of their name until there is nothing left?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:04:52 PM by Knutsford Alty »

crossie

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »

Is there any chance we could do the season ticket offer again? Man Utd, City and Liverpool as far as I know do not have any fixture next Tuesday. Could we advertise to all season ticket holders to all league and premiership clubs they can enter the match for £5 both for home and away support? This should make some extra revenue.

gunners11

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 10:08:15 PM »

it's time to say my bit. alty will win  3-0 and we should beat them if not then we will be a laughing stock .come on alty lads lift your spirit and go for it we can beat.  vics  we have done it before we can do it again. and show alty fans to be proud of your colours red and white.  and sing your bloodly heart out and sing the colours of your team red and white. good luck alty i know they can do it . it just needs the fans behind the team and we will win

BE PROUD LIFT THE  ALTY CROWD   GO FOR IT ALTY YOU CAN DO IT

GOOD LUCK IN THE FINAL  AGAINST  NANTWICH   

Little CamVic

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 10:22:04 PM »

What worries me is they have brought in the new players and on top of that they got that draw at Wrexham which could mean that the team is turning the corner and making there pusy again to escape the relegation.I dont think its a level playing field when a team is allowed to sign players and not pay others,this is wrong,Northwich should have been made to pay their players wages before bringing in new ones that can make a difference to them.
If at the end of the season Northwich survive because of it and we got relegated then i would be really cheesed off.

Jeez! You're having a good season for heaven's sake. Just relax and enjoy it. There is no way Alty will get relegated this season. Shouldn't think you'll be even close.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:36 AM »

Bloody hell little cam vics first hughesy now hsmith whos next you just trying to add more fuel to the fire because theres enough hate between the clubs two sets of fans without you adding more. Well the fans you have left anyway

highwayman

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 07:44:04 AM »

Could be the last Alty/Vics derby for a long long time - let's enjoy it whilst it's there!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 07:56:01 AM »

weather forcast is very dodgy, snow and ice on the way
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »

weather forcast is very dodgy, snow and ice on the way