PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich next week.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Northwich next week.........  (Read 9954 times)

Lew Needham

« on: January 28, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

How are we all feeling about this?

To be honest I'm a little nervous, with the money they've spent and the fact they so nearly beat Wrexham away its going to be a difficult game.

The majority of fans are going to see that they are bottom of the league and expect us to win which could have a negative effect.

I f we work as hard as we did last night and play a little better then it should be one hell of a game!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northwich next week.........
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »

I used to think all I wanted was for Alty to beat Vics home and away and finish a couple of places above them in the league.

I've changed my mind this season. (I just wasnt Alty to beat them home and away.)  8)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:48:47 AM »

Like everyone else I am nervous, but with the correct attitude and commitment we have the players to beat them.

Should be a cracking game.

Come on Alty

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »

Having seen the end of the Northwich versus Histon game at Moss Lane, its plain to see Northwich crack at the back under pressure.

We are at home, its a local derby, Northwich are letting in nearly two goals a game, I'm licking my lips  :)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »

All I'm going to say is that the playing field has been levelled somewhat since the original date on which this fixture should have been played.

Having said that, it's a derby and it's about who wants it more on the day. Our players have big hearts and should be right up for it.

If I was to stick my neck out I would predict a draw.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »

I am nervouse, and feel this is a big game for us, not just because it is a derby or I want to stuff vics but it will give us a comfortable league position.

We are doing well , there is no doubt on that, the defence is amazing compared to problems over the last few years.

Currently I am neither looking over our shoulders nor looking ahead, we are a mid table team for sure.
If we lose a couple of games we are likely to slip down the league and will be looking over our shoulders.
If we beat Vics I think we can be looking up to push on.

Does that make sense? I just feel we are a Mid Table Mediocacy team at present - wow that in itself is one hell of achievement

I just feel this is a huge game and we need to be beating teams at the bottom of the table, whether it be Vics or anyother team.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 12:25:57 PM »

Jenga, it makes sense to me and I am sure gh will be looking to win the match if at all possible.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:28:04 PM »

If the worse happens and the green slime walk down the A56 with three points, there are still 17 games to play (that's 51 points on offer).  

The players have been terrific this season, especially since the Lewes game.  No reason why they can't continue doing so.

Lets face Northwich would bite our hand off to be in our position :)

AND DON'T FORGET THE CSC FINAL!!

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 12:33:41 PM »

Densmore is the perfect midfielder for the occasion but unfortunately he's banned. Gonna be tough I'll go for a score draw..

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »

With our defence and coburn in this form i dont see them scoring TBH, Dale will give them nightmares i'd put money on him scoring the first goal, cant wait for the odds to come out ;D

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:11 PM »

Vics have been unlucky looking at their results recently with late dropped points against Histon and Wrexham - this is a clear sign of nervousness and loss of confidence and tells me if we are one down in the closing minutes, we should attack like crazy and they will crumble.  And don't settle for the draw if we're level into injury time!

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

We should win, it's as simple as that. A draw would be tolerable if a bit disappointing, a defeat and I'll be gutted. Big crowd and volume up and beyond last night's levels should spur the players on to victory.

Lew Needham

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »

We should win, it's as simple as that. A draw would be tolerable if a bit disappointing, a defeat and I'll be gutted. Big crowd and volume up and beyond last night's levels should spur the players on to victory.

This is what i'm worried about, i think peole will expect us to win as they are bottom but they've signed a few decent players recently and are fighting for their lives.

Just hope the majority of fans realise that Northwich are no longer as bad as their position states.

Watch us go and thump them 5 -0 - ha

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 02:45:23 PM »

The Northwich team that played us on Boxing Day were one of the worse (if not the worst) Northwich teams I have ever seen.  They were woeful.

Yes they have brought in some players since then (that's another debate) but Alty have a very decent chance of winning, no doubt about that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 02:49:51 PM »

What worries me is they have brought in the new players and on top of that they got that draw at Wrexham which could mean that the team is turning the corner and making there pusy again to escape the relegation.I dont think its a level playing field when a team is allowed to sign players and not pay others,this is wrong,Northwich should have been made to pay their players wages before bringing in new ones that can make a difference to them.
If at the end of the season Northwich survive because of it and we got relegated then i would be really cheesed off.
Harold
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team