News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The one game we didn't want him to miss

Author Topic: The one game we didn't want him to miss  (Read 3639 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »

"It has been confirmed that Alty midfielder Shaun Densmore.....has received a one-game suspension, following his fifth booking last Saturday, starting on 31 January so he misses the match against Northwich Victoria next Tuesday as Alty have no game this weekend."

Gutted!
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The one game we didn't want him to miss
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:22:20 PM »

Without checking the line ups for cup games. and not including either way his sending off v R&D.

Games with Densmore - played 15 points gained 29

Games without - played 11 points gained 7.

sh*t!!  :-[

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:33:29 PM »

"It has been confirmed that Alty midfielder Shaun Densmore.....has received a one-game suspension, following his fifth booking last Saturday, starting on 31 January so he misses the match against Northwich Victoria next Tuesday as Alty have no game this weekend."

Gutted!

he looks a class act to me

JT

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »

I always feel more confident about the team when Densmore plays for us.  Such a solid player if its on the wing or in centre mid.  He really has been a quality player since he joined us.  Lets make the most of him whilst we have him for tonights game!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »

He's had the threat of a ban hanging over for him so I'm disappointed that once again he ended up with another booking. It's the same players getting booked, and whilst I want them to be competitive, picking up silly bookings every week could cost us.

tomalty

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:01 AM »

I know that he is brilliant for the squad

but i dont think for 1 minute that he is the reason for our good form

A lot of players have performed very well this year so i dont think the squad revloves around him

If we keep consistent and forget the facts we will do well

COME ON ALTY!

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »

He's had the threat of a ban hanging over for him so I'm disappointed that once again he ended up with another booking. It's the same players getting booked, and whilst I want them to be competitive, picking up silly bookings every week could cost us.

Its only a silly booking (in ym eyes) if it is for kicking the ball away, dissent or taking off a shirt. If it is for a challenge that was not reckless you cant really fault him can you?

Longman

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 08:01:28 PM »

Ive been away for half of the season but the games I have watched him in he has been exceptional.

Longman

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »

And he´s just fooking scored, get in!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »

Where did I say he wasn't a good player? My point is that the same players seem to be picking up needless cards. Densmore was booked again last night for a completely pointless foul in the York half and Lawton was booked for another silly challenge near the halfway line. We've got a small squad and can't risk having several players banned.

joe

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »

Where did I say he wasn't a good player? My point is that the same players seem to be picking up needless cards. Densmore was booked again last night for a completely pointless foul in the York half and Lawton was booked for another silly challenge near the halfway line. We've got a small squad and can't risk having several players banned.

I wouldn't call them silly challenges or pointless fouls. They were just mistimed when going for the ball which considering the conditions last night is understandable.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:33:15 PM »

Nobody has said you did  ??? Densmore had just lost the ball on the edge of the box and was quite within his rights to challenge back for it last night. The york player just reacted quicker and the ball had gone (just) by the time he got there. It was mistimed. These things happened. Lawtons booking was no worse than York challenges on our players. That is referee consistency. A debatable booking, i can see why he gave it but others wouldnt have given it. Its the way it goes...

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »

Absolutely spot on!

Densmore is a class act I don't disagree but look at every single one of his bookings. They're for the same foul everytime - get the DVD's and watch them. It's when he's either lost the ball or can't get to the ball and simply lunges at a lost cause - GH needs to get a grip of him.

As for Lawton's booking last night he lost his rag after the crowd getting on his back after he had criticised a player when it was Lawton that was to blame. He took his frustration out on their left back and nearly broke the guy's leg - it was a shocking 'tackle'
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team