PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New flag
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New flag  (Read 6977 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New flag
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »

Whilst I appreciate the Union Flag looks more interesting the St Georges cross I guess it is all about how patriotic you are. You certainly wouldnt take a Union Flag to an England game, it would get burnt.

I don't think times have changed quite that much!!

Alex

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:50 PM »

thanks for the ideas so far, just a quick question, has anyone else used the site barmyflags.com and if so how long does it take till its done and delivered? thanks

the "alty on tour" flag was bought off barmy flags (and appart from him calling me up to advise me my oxford united flag was ready) they usually take around two weeks

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 08:55:09 PM »

thanks for the ideas so far, just a quick question, has anyone else used the site barmyflags.com and if so how long does it take till its done and delivered? thanks

the "alty on tour" flag was bought off barmy flags (and appart from him calling me up to advise me my oxford united flag was ready) they usually take around two weeks

thanks, did you have to pick it up or does it get delivered?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »

Considering the prices they charge I would be highly unimpressed if I had to collect it myself.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:26 PM »

Has to be the flag of St George for 2 reasons:

1> We are an English, rather than British, club.
2> Its red & white

seasonticket

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

"Part time and proud of it" will be out of date next season.....When we follow the full time trail blazed so succesfully by FC Lewes Victoria of Northwich.
I should add I am having difficulty getting my tongue out of my cheek it is so far in.

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »

Has to be the flag of St George for 2 reasons:

1> We are an English, rather than British, club.
2> Its red & white

Rangers and Celtic are Scottish clubs, yet they use Union Flags and Tricolours respectively, so there's no rule on that one. If it's the red and white we want, which is a point I can well understand, I think we should go for a flag with more red than white on it.

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »

Alty Razor Squad

Alex

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »

thanks, did you have to pick it up or does it get delivered?

it does get delivered or you can collect (there based in oldham so not far).

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »

Whilst I appreciate the Union Flag looks more interesting the St Georges cross I guess it is all about how patriotic you are. You certainly wouldnt take a Union Flag to an England game, it would get burnt.

Ballers i guarantee you will not see a union flag at an england game.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 11:26:06 AM »

It is rarer now.

tottenham alty

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

Alty Razor Squad

That would look good I think!!

RE: Union flags at England games - if you look at footage of Italia 90 there were lots of Union Jacks in the crowd. Somewhere between then and Euro 96 we stopped using them. I agree they do look better than St George and we should be proud that the real power within Britan - Queen, Pariliament etc is in England so I think we are well within our rights to fly the Union Jack. It is kinda like saying 'we own the UK!'.

Unfortunately the sort of mindless, booing, idiots that watch England these days think differently. I think the best flag we have is the massive reverse St George one (or Denmark as someone put it), closely followed by the London Alty Tube design.

Remember, its about our own identity as a club, not using the same boring St George everyone does !!!!

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »

Alty Razor Squad

That would look good I think!!

RE: Union flags at England games - if you look at footage of Italia 90 there were lots of Union Jacks in the crowd. Somewhere between then and Euro 96 we stopped using them. I agree they do look better than St George and we should be proud that the real power within Britan - Queen, Pariliament etc is in England so I think we are well within our rights to fly the Union Jack. It is kinda like saying 'we own the UK!'.

Unfortunately the sort of mindless, booing, idiots that watch England these days think differently. I think the best flag we have is the massive reverse St George one (or Denmark as someone put it), closely followed by the London Alty Tube design.

Remember, its about our own identity as a club, not using the same boring St George everyone does !!!!

I go along with all that. I should also be fair and declare that I despise the national team's fans, too many mindless West Ham supporting sub-human types for my liking.

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »

We've won it three times

AGM Cup

2006    2007     2008

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 12:45:43 PM »

Ballers i guarantee you will not see a union flag at an england game.

This is from 2006:

WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New flag