News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No Disrespect, you beauty

Author Topic: No Disrespect, you beauty  (Read 2889 times)

Knutsford Alty

« on: March 20, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »

It was Justin Edinburgh's turn to roll out the "no disrespect" carpet, I'm warming to that phrase I really am  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8560794.stm (44 seconds if your impatient)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:13:51 PM by Knutsford Alty »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No Disrespect, you beauty
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »

Im fkn sick to death of these big time charlies griping about points dropped.. 
If you want to blame anyone Edinburgh. Start with your fkn goalie who f**ked up and Chrissy Denham took advantage.

Get in..... Cmon Alty.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »

A deserved victory? We scored 2 they scored 2 that's a draw plain and simple no one likes us we don't care
ParkINson's red and white army

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »

I love it!!
It's Dean Saunders with an English accent. 'Enough chances to win 3 games', he's been listening to Saunders' after match interviews.

As for goals scored, they scored with a  possible own goal, and one lucky deflection. We scored the only decent goal of the game. They hit the crossbar, but so did we.
Today summed up why I love this club, we don't have the full time professional , bigger name players, but we match teams with sheer effort and a refusal to be beaten. This and possibly the best managerial team in non league football means a bright future for us.

Come on Alty!!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »

That BBC report is hilarious. The opening goal "against the run of play" was when the very same BBC had us with 69% of the play. I commented on the match thread.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »

Our goal was against the run of play. Rushden had been the better side.

4 goals, 2 deflections and an own goal.

Densmore's goal was more of a cross until a rusden player put it in his net.

Young scored a very soft own goal, and really should have been cleared, from a free kick.

Rushden's lead bounced off welch or young and span past coburn.

Denhams was fantastic after senior caused chaos with their defence.

deserved 2-2 - though we looked knacked for the last 20 mins.

MoM to the cheating Tomlin, should have at least been booked on two seperate occasions for time-wasting. a complete and utter tosser.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »

I love it!!
It's Dean Saunders with an English accent. 'Enough chances to win 3 games', he's been listening to Saunders' after match interviews.

As for goals scored, they scored with a  possible own goal, and one lucky deflection. We scored the only decent goal of the game. They hit the crossbar, but so did we.
Today summed up why I love this club, we don't have the full time professional , bigger name players, but we match teams with sheer effort and a refusal to be beaten. This and possibly the best managerial team in non league football means a bright future for us.

Come on Alty!!

Its beginning to remind me of the glory days of FA Cup success: noone is too big to be beaten by Alty cos we respect our own ability, strength, application, hard work & determination and NOT some nig time Charlie ex full time pro player or team.

jimmyhank

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »

If both teams score the same about of goals, isn't that a draw? It's pointless playing pretty football with lots of possession if you do f*ck all with it. It's great to see Alty dig out another result. Bring on Mansfield.

WiganAlty

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »

MoM to the cheating Tomlin, should have at least been booked on two seperate occasions for time-wasting. a complete and utter tosser.

Perhaps he should be auditioning for Strictly Come Dancing on Ice (or whatever) - he would have got straight 6's for his theatrical fall!! That said, we were fortunate with the referee's performance, as most other times we would have been down to 10 men at that point.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »

I love it!!

Come on Alty!!

Great post

ParkINson's red and white army

robins1978

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 12:34:02 AM »

I Fekkin hate that phrase, nearly as bad as the other one about what time of the day it is (cant bring myself to type it).
Can the Rushden bloke giving the interview not realise the only reason they didnt get 3 points is his players had a problem with their shooting boots. They may have had the better of the play but both teams scored twice and hit the bar once. Other attempts count for nowt.  A gritty and determained performance from Alty got them what they deserved - a point. ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »

To use the words of Mr Edinburgh, "Now listen", these great balls across the face of goal hegoes on about. Yeah, they would have been great balls, IF someone had been following it uo. A great ball picks out a man who has room to shoot (in that area of the pitch anyway) and doesnt whistle across the face and out for a throw.  A great ball doesnt constitute one man running into the area and passing to the linesman.

Yes, OK, you may have outplayed us however you weren't banging cross after cross into the box for 4/5 people to attack. And If you had enough chances to win it 3 times I think we created enough chances to win it by the odd goal 3 times as well. And that, in my eyes, is what makes a draw. Accept it and move on (like you say towards the end of the interview).

Great result today, well done Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »

It must be amazing to watch a match between Rushden and Wrexham - there'd be a brilliant cross coming over at one end or the other every 30 seconds (but alas not many goals).

What's this thing with Edinburgh repeatedly saying "Listen..." ? Maybe the interviewer didn't give a toss !
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:57:59 AM by taxi Phil »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

Maybe in training tomorrow he'll tell his goalkeeper to play the full ninety-four and a half minutes.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team