PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Turning point??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Turning point??  (Read 9298 times)

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Turning point??
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »

I assumed it was in as the net moved so much. it must have hit the bar with some force.   Hilarious.  By the way I thought Brackley were really poor.  hoof ball with no plan B.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 07:34:27 PM »

A great win well done !

Huge week now

I was not there today but as far as lee is concerned ( in my opinion) he has never really built up any rapport with the fans

In my humble opinion of course
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 07:39:11 PM »

Having moaned about Lee (and deliberately not started about the officials!) I should congratulate the team, we played really well at both ends of the match, started well and finished brilliantly.  Thought Clee didn't look at his best, possibly still feeling the injury a bit, but still created as much as anyone else.  Thought Griffin did well and Walshaw worked his socks off.  We do tend to try and walk it into the net and would benefit from occasionally shooting from outside the box (especially from free kicks in range). 

Perry did OK but that's not enough given the talent we have up front.  Even in the good spell at the start we were getting joy from passing it round their defence not from Kyle winning headers which make the selection more baffling still (I'm getting side tracked again!).

Well done boys fantastic come back and great to go away with elation rather than looking for positives from other aspects of the day out (food was good etc).

PS How the hell did this miss that one at the end?  I could have sworn I saw the net ripple, it must just have been the impact on the cross bar.
It shouldn't be allowed to detract from what was a very good three points. You could see the manager was frustrated and the fans were frustrated. The players did very well to battle back. He did not like the fact that people were shouting that reeves should have started after his goal.

However I have never been in a group of Alty fans that have shared the same opinion like today.

Reeves and Walshaw are the best two strikers on the league. In my opinion Perry is worth his place in the squad. However he is simply not up to the high standard if those two.  They have to start, they just have to.

It's a massive three points but we handicapped ourselves from the off.

brian1925

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 07:48:46 PM »

Brilliant result today for the Alty. Usually when we fall behind away from home, the writing is on the wall, but when I switched Radio Robins on with 10mins left I just sensed we'd get a result. It's Harrogate I worry about now and as many people should get to the game on Tuesday, as in my opinion this is a dress rehearsal for the play off final.
I'm so pleased Damian got his goal today, he really needed that and like others have said, he and Wally are easily the best strikers in this league. Mind you, lest we forget,  Damian has not been playing well of late and for what it's worth I believe Kyle was well worth his place in the starting line up today against a physically tough Brackley defence. The lad simply can't win, he's damned no matter what he does and I think it's one of the more cringeworthy aspects of this forum that week in week out, people have a go at him as if he is the only player in the team! We are fourth in the league. can we not just get behind the manager and ALL the players and make this happen?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

No one has any problem with kyle, but why change a side that's just won 2 on the bounce, the moaning and the reaction from some to the moaning should not detract from a fantastic and huge win, but I'll stick with what I keep saying. Respect and worry about no one, let them worry about us, and worry about how to play against us. Lee probably felt pissed off at people's moaning today, but what he and the players get here in terms of support far out weighs the odd few heckles from time to time. Yes we are all In It together and we have to push on now and believe, but supporters have the right to have a moan now and again, especially when 100+ make a journey like that in these austere times, and will do so again next weekend to Solihull

bumble

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »

great battleing by the team, well done reevesy & wally  , well done the team.

Walshaws finish was another pearler. Thats 3 out of nothing goals in hiws last two. Fantastic

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

I thought Brackley today were the poorer of two poor sides.
We started well and were the better side, and looked up for it, until they scored with their first attack on goal.
To be fair to Lee, we tried and tried to play football whereas Brackley resorted to hoof and push at every ball.
When we equalised, all the Alty fans around me said that they didnt see it coming.
Two very well taken late goals got us 3 points that up to the 83rd minute looked unlikely.
I didnt think it was a good performance overall, but a grateful 3 points, which in the end were grinded out of nothing.
I also thought that Brackley scored in stoppage time as the back netting was disturbed.
HOWEVER A GREAT RESULT.
The Officials were awful, with the Referee persisting in showing that he can count to ten, but on one occasion he even got that wrong!

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

I wonder if Frank Sinclair will be complaining about us having a Manchester referee all the way down to Brackley  ::)

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

Brilliant result today for the Alty. Usually when we fall behind away from home, the writing is on the wall, but when I switched Radio Robins on with 10mins left I just sensed we'd get a result. It's Harrogate I worry about now and as many people should get to the game on Tuesday, as in my opinion this is a dress rehearsal for the play off final.
I'm so pleased Damian got his goal today, he really needed that and like others have said, he and Wally are easily the best strikers in this league. Mind you, lest we forget,  Damian has not been playing well of late and for what it's worth I believe Kyle was well worth his place in the starting line up today against a physically tough Brackley defence. The lad simply can't win, he's damned no matter what he does and I think it's one of the more cringeworthy aspects of this forum that week in week out, people have a go at him as if he is the only player in the team! We are fourth in the league. can we not just get behind the manager and ALL the players and make this happen?

I guess that was LS's thinking. A rational and logical decision - even if it discounts the flair and ability of our two favourite flying forwards.

Bath Alty

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »

but they way we got round that defence today was by passing it round them, turning them and good movement - even when Kyle was on.  I applaud this approach but given that approach why change the personnel?

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »

An unlikely win today. We had the better of the opening exchanges but their goal (which Stuart should have saved but the bounce was cruel and the pitch was bumpy and lumpy which certainly didn't help) knocked the stuffing out of us, although we came again towards the end of the first half. When Reeves equalised for us, they were on top and it came out of the blue. The awareness, run and the finish was classic Reeves though.  Walshaw's goal also excellently placed and well taken. If I was a Brackley centre half I'd have been delighted when I found out Reeves was on the bench.  As others have said I think Perry has a role to play as a squad player but it's utterly baffling and quite contrary that he should start ahead of Reeves. Just plain odd. How their late shot on goal didn't go in I'm not quite sure but I think we deserved that one though maybe overall a draw would have been fair.

On a wider point, Brackley's off the pitch set up is still embarrassing. Their ground has not changed or improved in any way since the play off semi. So still one set of turnstiles, toilets and a grass bank with a hedge as their pop side. They would have no ability to segregate and no facilities for away supporters if they got promoted.  About 300 home fans present who we didn't hear a peep from the whole game. Their money man must wonder why he bothers. Histon and Vauxhall gone this week, they won't be long.

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 05:23:12 AM »

Lee needs to be very careful.....had I travelled all that way yesterday (unfortunately work prevented me) I'd have been pi$$ed off at seeing the line up as I was when I got home from work logged on and saw the team and that we were 1-0 down.
I'm still fuming at the Trafford debacle which cost the club a cup run and money through a terrible team selection......easy to gesture and look clever when you're winning but you look a fool when (as at Trafford) the team loses meekly......
yes we are now comfortably in the play off positions with games in hand.....but there are many like me who look to poor performances and bad results that will at the end of the season have cost us a title this squad was perfectly capable of winning.....

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 05:32:41 AM »

Judging by Doughtys tweet something on the lines of "if your going to support support, not have a go at the manager etc" it would have been about comments heard on the bench
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »

Football is a simple game but sometimes we overcomplicate things. Brackley were a shadow of a side we had played earlier in the season and were there for the taking.
They really should be beating teams like us

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »

Didn't go yesterday so can comment on game but I couldn't believe Reeves was benched. truth is though we won so the manger got it right.

It's a results business and LS must know that failure to get promotion/make the Play off's and he's out of the door.

Having said that if Reeves and Walshaw don't start on Tuesday I'll be raging.

Hope Turley got some grief
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Turning point??