PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players?

Poll

Given the mixed success we've seen with loan signings and GH's comments that we may be looking at more in Jan are they really worth it?

Yes, just look at Shotton!
- 19 (73.1%)
No, too hit an miss (Dean etc)
- 7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Loan Players?  (Read 4921 times)

Whatever

Re: Loan Players?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 03:18:16 PM »

don't raelly care just sicj of his going on all time

teasybeaver

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

don't raelly care just sicj of his going on all time

whatever

Ps. try typing a bit slower. I'll be at the match on boxing day if you want to discuss further, or will you just remain anonymous like a sadsack?

Alex

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 03:33:53 PM »

ok people calm down this isn't port chat.

in my opinion most championship/premiership sides would look to a team with full time status if they were going to send players on loan, as for stevneage's quality of loan player you have to take into account the fact that peter taylor will have been a major influence in those teams releasing these players on loan to a team in the BSP. i agree with the idea about players in leagues below they may just be worth a look and you never know we might just find a hidden gem that keeps us up (either that or i've seen way too many underdog films).

800th post

markecky

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »

Whatever...please add something to the debate or give it a miss mate.

As Beaver says, speak to him on Boxing Day if you have an issue personally with him.  If you disagree with his opinion, put your own and the reasons why.

This is a forum for footballing opinions not slating each other.

teasybeaver

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 04:44:46 PM »

This forum has become a squabling ground. In the past i've used the forum as an example to small minded idiots who think that everyone from manchester has to support united or city that its not to be quaffed at when someone says 'actually i support altrincham and have done as long as i can remember'.

No longer will i direct these people to altyfans.co.uk so they can see for themselves that actually its quite a well supported club and our fans are the same as fans of any 'big' club.

Now when they quaff I will revert to: 'well, someone has to'. At least I can laugh at myself.

I cant be arsed coming on here to defend myself. I came on here because i liked finding out what people think about AFC and sharing my generally ridiculous opinions on my beloved alty. F*ck this!

Beaver retires on 638 for 1.

Thank f*ck for that! ;D

The Fan

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 05:02:34 PM »

Anyway, back to playing matters. Any thoughts as to whether Shotton can stay past Xmas?

Also, and I may get shot for this ....... anyone else wondering if Colin Little's level has dropped to such a degree that he shouldnt start?

Butty

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 05:25:32 PM »

watching the harrogate railway match the other day, they have a left back who looks decent and also a right winger, didnt really pay much attention in the first half but in the second he wriggled out of 3 players (carlos-esque), wona  free kick, took it and drifted a perfect cross (pottsy-esque) onto their mans head who scored
wortha  look maybe?

Whatever

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 10:11:35 AM »

dum dum dum, another one bites the dust!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »

watching the harrogate railway match the other day, they have a left back who looks decent and also a right winger, didnt really pay much attention in the first half but in the second he wriggled out of 3 players (carlos-esque), wona  free kick, took it and drifted a perfect cross (pottsy-esque) onto their mans head who scored
wortha  look maybe?
Trouble is the Harrogate Railway players seem to be on similar wages to our players, if you take Jonathan Pearce's word for it.
They really should be beating teams like us

Dougals Dad

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

dum dum dum, another one bites the dust!

I hope Teasy comes back. I have enjoyed his banter on here and he has also, as above,  regularly  spoken with much sense and wit.

Sorry I can't Goodwin you Teasy!,

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 12:43:23 PM »

To "the Fan"

I am sure Colin is dissappointed with his form he has said so, however he is still joint top scorer and who can we play instead?

I am sure Colin will start scoring again soon, however a good burly agile striker on loan would not go amiss to assist Colin and Chris.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »

No longer will i direct these people to altyfans.co.uk so they can see for themselves that actually its quite a well supported club and our fans are the same as fans of any 'big' club.

Sorry to see you go. Posts were usually an enjoyable read...a definite loss to the forum.

However, the fact that such 'characters' appear on our forum is further proof that we are just like any other team in the land and are supported by the good, the bad and the indifferent.

The way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. They hide away in darkened rooms feverishly tapping away at their keyboards, mistakenly believeing that others find their banter worthy of anything other than a derisory glance. They are generally faceless, spineless and with little or no substance. They crave attention and feed of it. So my advice to one and all would be to starve a troll today.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players?