PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players?

Poll

Given the mixed success we've seen with loan signings and GH's comments that we may be looking at more in Jan are they really worth it?

Yes, just look at Shotton!
- 19 (73.1%)
No, too hit an miss (Dean etc)
- 7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Loan Players?  (Read 4919 times)

teasybeaver

Loan Players?
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:56:47 AM »

It seems agreed that we need a few good signings in january. GH has indicated 'we'll probably have to rely on loan signings' again due to transfer fees.

I think we need to do our best to get players in who play for Altrincham as a pose to loan players. Ok Shotton has done well for us, but other than that I see very little evidence that we could get players on loan who could keep us up. I think we need to take a bit of a plunge and go for it. Do the toilets in a year or so, people can sh1t at home ffs!

Basically with 2 loan signings in january I think we will still go down, after all, its not like they have passion to play for alty in the BSP next season.

Alty365

Re: Loan Players?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »

In an ideal world I would say "just look at Shotton" and cross my fingers that we get 2 or three more like him. However, in practice that would seem optimistic at best. We can only hope for the best!

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:36:15 AM »

One thing I will say is that Ryan Shotton has come from Stoke, whereas James Dean came from Bury. Perhaps what we need to be doing is picking up a few of the kids from higher grade teams rather than the Burys of this world. Maybe Stoke have another player or two we could borrow. Perhaps Ryan can rec a few of his mates. I thought we had a good relationship with Crewe, so maybe Dario Gradi can help us out a bit. Lots of options and I am sure GH is already on the job.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:09:12 AM »

Buys can be equally as dodgy: Thomson,  Bowler!

markecky

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:17:13 AM »

James Dean is a chancer, one of those who was in the right place at the right time and probably had a stormer when a acout was there.

He is on his way back down the leagues.

We need young fit keen lads like Shotton, who are going to be kept on by their clubs, but need some games.

Not always easy to find I know.

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:52:18 AM »

Think if Heathcoate could find a central midfielder with any experiance at this level or higher on loan he would be a good asset to the squad

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »

If we buy we will be luck to get anyone fron 2nd division at best.

If we loan a player we can (& have) get from a higher level.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 12:16:36 PM »

A good thread, we have to do something and loans is the best bet i feel.

Alex

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »

Buys can be equally as dodgy: Thomson,  Bowler!

tbh bowlers skill wasn't the problem it was his attitude that made him un-popular.

i think we need a target man and a left back in january maybe a loan from within the confrence from a bigger team or from a club with a decent youth/ reserve set up like crewe. i have every faith that GH can find the solutions to our problems

teasybeaver

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »

Seeing some of the signings that Taylor brought in at Stevenage made me think that we just don't sign the right players on loan, i.e Dean from Bury. If we could get some players from Championship teams then yeah, but im not sure many clubs are willing to loan their youngsters to a team destined for relegation, although I may be wrong.

I think we need to take a risk and sign players from divisions below us. A fair few names have been banded about for left-backs and strikers from Unibond/conf north clubs. If we sign two of these and get a right winger on loan we stand a chance. I think if we go with loan signings we're going to lose the passion.

Good point about Thomson and Bowler though. Who is Bowler playing for this season?????

Alex

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »

Who is Bowler playing for this season?????

the dog and duck

markecky

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

Beaver,

The Stevenage thing is different though mate, not to harp on about part time full time but at Stevenage they have a £1 million training academy and are full time.

Any loan player with us would have to train at some stage with their own club to keep fitness levels up as we only do Tues and Thurs night and 2 hrs a time.

Hence clubs could worry about a player coming back out of condition.

teasybeaver

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »

Beaver,

The Stevenage thing is different though mate, not to harp on about part time full time but at Stevenage they have a £1 million training academy and are full time.

Any loan player with us would have to train at some stage with their own club to keep fitness levels up as we only do Tues and Thurs night and 2 hrs a time.

Hence clubs could worry about a player coming back out of condition.

Thats my point. We cant get the players we need on loan. If you were a manager in the top 2 leagues you'd seriously think twice about sending a young lad to a part time club destined for relegation, its hardly what they need to progress. A loan is a 2 way thing after all.

Hence why i'm still convinced that if we just sign loan players in january or nobody at all we will get relegated.

Whatever

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »

a usual blah blah blah post from teasy who isn't even in the country!

Frosty

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »

Come on Whatever, anyone is entitled to their own opinion on here.

It matters not whether they are in the country or not!

COME ON ALTY!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan Players?