PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Barrow - New Assitant Manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Graham Barrow - New Assitant Manager  (Read 7510 times)

Graham Bennetts Perm

Re: Graham Barrow - New Assitant Manager
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »

Does the barrowload of Grahams at the Club mean the great Benno will be the next target?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »

I have fond memories of the mighty presence of Graham Barrow on the right side of midfield during those halcyon days of 1979-1981.

An interesting appointment.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 06:00:14 PM »

can he play at left back?

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »

Well pleased with this!! And he's a Bruce Springsteen fan as I remember walking into the MEN alongside him for the Sunday night gig in 1999 the day after we'd won the Unibond. I'd worn my Alty shirt to the Saturday night show after going straight there from Guiseley!!

louise1925

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »

I'll add my voice to those welcoming Graham Barrow to Alty. His experience and obvious passion for Alty should hold us in good stead.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »

Great player in the great Alty side 1979-1981. If my memory is correct, did he not score the first goal in the 2-0 FA Cup win at Rotherham before Barry Hioward gem (one of the best Alty goals ever) ?.
Great midfielder - strong on the ground and in the air - and Alty through and through - would have stayed with us had we got promoted.  Also was not a Scouser. :)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »

Great player in the great Alty side 1979-1981. If my memory is correct, did he not score the first goal in the 2-0 FA Cup win at Rotherham before Barry Hioward gem (one of the best Alty goals ever) ?.
Great midfielder - strong on the ground and in the air - and Alty through and through - would have stayed with us had we got promoted.  Also was not a Scouser. :)
Redhill, no it was Mal Bailey who got the first wasn't it?.....Graham Barrow is a great appointment, I think.   I to remember him in that classic Alty midfield.  Kingy was the enforcer and while Graham could (and often would!) get stuck in he added a bit of guile to that midfield.   I think he was a vitally important cog in the machine that was that great team and possibly didn't get the credit he deserved at the time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 10:07:16 PM by altyusa »

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

Mal Bailey scored the other goal against Rotherham. I do recall Barrow scoring against a Man City 1st team in a testimonial match. Class player, was sad to see him go.

Lew Needham

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

Really think this is a very important appointment.

Reading his profile he's managed some relatively big clubs and seems to know the lower divisions well.

I heard last night that he has been offered an assistant manager/coaching role with a Championship 1 side in the last couple of years.

It is likely he is good friends with Graham and I think that Heathcote will listen and respect all his inputs. Some new coaching ideas are likely to be brought in and could really take us forward.

May sound like im being very optimistic but at the end of the day you have to be when you're an Alty fan!!!

The Fan

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 03:10:25 PM »

Long term replacement for GH?

(not slagging anyone off just thinking)

Jezza

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 04:04:47 PM »

Warm welcome back to Graham Barrow who will definetly be remembered as the forgotten man of our great team of the '80s.

This gives Mad-Dog hope that in 20 years time he can make a glorious return!!!! (prob as Heathcote's assistant)

This has got me thinking how many ex players have returned to join the management.

King, Heathcote, Allen, Barrow, Rowlands,Johnosn...any more? (not that many really is it?)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »

Warm welcome back to Graham Barrow who will definetly be remembered as the forgotten man of our great team of the '80s.

This gives Mad-Dog hope that in 20 years time he can make a glorious return!!!! (prob as Heathcote's assistant)

This has got me thinking how many ex players have returned to join the management.

King, Heathcote, Allen, Barrow, Rowlands,Johnosn...any more? (not that many really is it?)

John Davison & John Rogers

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

Dare I mention Mark Ward?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »

Dare I mention Mark Ward?

Paul Cuddy managed the reserves for a while and JR was a coach during one of Kingy's management spells

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 02:14:09 PM »

Graham
Graham, Graham
They're the greatest men in history...  ;D
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team