News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lions hungry for promotion

Author Topic: Lions hungry for promotion  (Read 2322 times)

markecky

Re: Lions hungry for promotion
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 10:09:11 AM »

Good news that they have lowered the budget a little for next season.

Usual bluster from Kittrick.  I don't agree with knee jerk sackings but three goes at the playoffs with the budget he has is surely enough attempts for one man.

bumble

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »

Usual bluster from Kittrick.  I don't agree with knee jerk sackings but three goes at the playoffs with the budget he has is surely enough attempts for one man.

Id have feared Guisley more had he left...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:32:52 PM by Stoke Alty »

JDN

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »

Usual bluster from Kittrick.  I don't agree with knee jerk sackings but three goes at the playoffs with the budget he has is surely enough attempts for one man.

so next season Sinnotts last chance?

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:01 PM »

Interestingly Holsgrove has gone up a league.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »

If we had Guiseley's budget then I'd guess you'd begin to ask questions after 3 attempts.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »

If the defeat to Brackley was the third time we had lost in the playoffs I wouldn't expect him to be managing us this season.

It's about personal opinions, from your previous posts I think you have set your bar at winning the league.

For me I want to see improvement again, title is the aim but playoffs as a minimum naturally. If the league starts off and there is another Chester (who isn't us) I want us to be on the coat tails for longer and still be in with a shout of the league going into the New Year.

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »

Absolute belief we'll go up next season. Progress is what we're looking for and I expect the club to do that on the pitch.  I would rather have 5% improvement each year than 20% in one swoop followed by a couple of years of back-sliding.  As I say, absolute belief we're going up next season.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »

Here's my personal opinions, would love to be wrong but i think winning the league might be a bit out of our range unless we suddenly sign 8 players of good quality that fight for there place, if we get the minimum requirement of 4 signings in vital positions then we will finish 4th/5th i expect and give the playoffs a good go again, getting further in the fa cup would also give the club a further boost and keep us going in the right direction.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »

Here's my personal opinions, would love to be wrong but i think winning the league might be a bit out of our range unless we suddenly sign 8 players of good quality that fight for there place, if we get the minimum requirement of 4 signings in vital positions then we will finish 4th/5th i expect and give the playoffs a good go again, getting further in the fa cup would also give the club a further boost and keep us going in the right direction.

no we have news of the Watmore deal we should have some funds to some some of thse players.  Lose one, gain three or four.

Not a gambling man, but if I were I'd put cash on us going up.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lions hungry for promotion