PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manager's job not being advertised
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Manager's job not being advertised  (Read 7502 times)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Manager's job not being advertised
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 12:56:37 PM »

As it says in the manchester evening news,its one of the most high profile jobs in nonleague football and big enough to sell itself with out being advertised.

Exactly Pete which i why i couldn't understand all these people that were saying who else would want the job.

If the Manchester Evening News and anyone agreeing with their statement think that the Altrincham job is one of the most high profile jobs in non league football then they are living in the 1970's and 80's.

You only have to look at the likes of York City, Darlington, Wrexham, Luton Town, Grimsby Town and Cambridge United to see such a statement is ludicrous in today's order of things.

So ? Knobsocks at Wrexham is going to be one of the 15+ who have applied along with the managers of the other clubs listed above for such a high profile non league poistion ?

I don't think so ?

Yes we may be one of the biggest non league clubs in the northwest, but that's hardly a refelection of where the true power of non league exists?

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 01:06:40 PM »

Non-league football is vast, there are hundreds and hundreds of clubs, all requiring a manager.

Altrincham is certainly one of the biggest. If we're talking just about crowds, we're probaby what, 15th-20th biggest Non-league side around? Factor in the attractive nature of our set-up, i.e. excellent board, no debt and plenty of stability, and our almost unrivalled history (two Conference titles, two FA Trophies and a host of FL scalps in the Cup) I think this is certainly one of best jobs going. Far better than other 1,000-2,000 crowd clubs like Kidderminster or Kettering.

The 15+ applications in no time would certainly suggest this is the case.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »

As it says in the manchester evening news,its one of the most high profile jobs in nonleague football and big enough to sell itself with out being advertised.

Exactly Pete which i why i couldn't understand all these people that were saying who else would want the job.

If the Manchester Evening News and anyone agreeing with their statement think that the Altrincham job is one of the most high profile jobs in non league football then they are living in the 1970's and 80's.

You only have to look at the likes of York City, Darlington, Wrexham, Luton Town, Grimsby Town and Cambridge United to see such a statement is ludicrous in today's order of things.

So ? Knobsocks at Wrexham is going to be one of the 15+ who have applied along with the managers of the other clubs listed above for such a high profile non league poistion ?

I don't think so ?

Yes we may be one of the biggest non league clubs in the northwest, but that's hardly a refelection of where the true power of non league exists?

Thats us told then.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »

If the Manchester Evening News and anyone agreeing with their statement think that the Altrincham job is one of the most high profile jobs in non league football then they are living in the 1970's and 80's. You only have to look at the likes of York City, Darlington, Wrexham, Luton Town, Grimsby Town and Cambridge United to see such a statement is ludicrous in today's order of things. So ? Knobsocks at Wrexham is going to be one of the 15+ who have applied along with the managers of the other clubs listed above for such a high profile non league poistion ? I don't think so ? Yes we may be one of the biggest non league clubs in the northwest, but that's hardly a refelection of where the true power of non league exists?

I'm all for not getting delusions of grandeur, but you're taking the P here surely?  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 01:13:34 PM »

High profile does not mean biggest....

bigcol

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »

There's also the geography too - Alty is up to an hour away from an awful lot of places.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »

If the Manchester Evening News and anyone agreeing with their statement think that the Altrincham job is one of the most high profile jobs in non league football then they are living in the 1970's and 80's. You only have to look at the likes of York City, Darlington, Wrexham, Luton Town, Grimsby Town and Cambridge United to see such a statement is ludicrous in today's order of things. So ? Knobsocks at Wrexham is going to be one of the 15+ who have applied along with the managers of the other clubs listed above for such a high profile non league poistion ? I don't think so ? Yes we may be one of the biggest non league clubs in the northwest, but that's hardly a refelection of where the true power of non league exists?

I'm all for not getting delusions of grandeur, but you're taking the P here surely?  ::)

Well what else is there to do on a quiet Thursday afternoon whilst waiting for Countdown !

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »

There's also the geography too - Alty is up to an hour away from an awful lot of places.

Don't you mean that Alty is up to an hour away from a lot of awful places ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 03:02:26 PM »

It's not how many applicants we get, it's how many of them are worth a look. The MEN are touting such names as Jim Harvey, Gary Brabin, and and Garry Flitcroft - but it's all pie in the sky.

bigcol

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

It's not how many applicants we get, it's how many of them are worth a look. The MEN are touting such names as Jim Harvey, Gary Brabin, and and Garry Flitcroft - but it's all pie in the sky.

Told you - Brabin.  If it's in the MEN it must be true ;) x 100

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »

Gary brabin would have to weigh up wether he wanted to keep travelling down to luton everyday to finish higher midtable as an assistant or be reunited with kenny and be near home and finish lower midtable as an assistant.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:03 PM »

More than happy with Ken at the moment, but I would be equally happy with Jim Harvey if it didn't work out.

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 03:27:13 PM »

Lets re-jig it then.

It the biggest management job in part-time football. Most high-profile job in part-time football.

Its one of the most attractive managers job in non-league football. Its the biggest management challenge in non-league football at the moment.

A real football man, who believes in himself will believe that he can do this job and do it well. An utter bell end like Saunders would sh1t himself at the thought of the alty job where he would have no money to spend and without the offer of full-time football to all his has been chums.

Only the best will truly have the belief to do this job which is why im not in doubt that we will get the right man.

markecky

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »

Lets re-jig it then.

It the biggest management job in part-time football. Most high-profile job in part-time football.

Its one of the most attractive managers job in non-league football. Its the biggest management challenge in non-league football at the moment.

A real football man, who believes in himself will believe that he can do this job and do it well. An utter bell end like Saunders would sh1t himself at the thought of the alty job where he would have no money to spend and without the offer of full-time football to all his has been chums.

Only the best will truly have the belief to do this job which is why im not in doubt that we will get the right man.

Great post.

Add in the fact the club is debt free, always pays its players and is backed by a loyal (if maybe smaller than we would like ) and very realistic fan base, I think it is an attractive job for someone.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »

Lets re-jig it then.

Absolutely spot on

I always laugh when I recall how Liam Daish was being touted as the next big thing from non-league to hit the football league......FA Trophy etc.
He did really well when the money ran out didn't he. What's more he never stopped whinging in the NPL about his budget.
As OGC says, a Saunders or Holdsworth wouldn't know where to start without a £600k playing budget
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Manager's job not being advertised