PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 D&R Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: D&R Match Thread  (Read 14466 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: D&R Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2023, 08:31:59 PM »

Perhaps Angus will start when fitter? Linney coming on as an impact sub?
There's no way he's going anywhere on loan. It's purely a matter of his development and integration - building his connections and rapport with a settled attacking unit. (imho)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2023, 08:54:16 PM »

I think the elephant in the room is that it is difficult for any number 9 given the system we play. How many have found it difficult? Look how Dinanga has prospered since he left. 442 would see the best of Angus and Linney (two perfectly capable strikers) but the chosen system (which I'm not critiscing) is just the one up top. I genuinely believe that only a number 9 like the beast D&R had today would function as a lone striker.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2023, 08:54:43 PM »

Bath AltyI use alty nitter feed they have the text updates for when the radio alty fails as it usually does.here is the link.
https://nitter.net/altrinchamfc

Thanks harold

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2023, 09:53:04 PM »

Osborne was my MOTM today he was great. Happy with a point overall but the added time was a joke. Later in the season and we win that 1-0 because of the time. We will be fine this season based  on today

altycliff

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2023, 07:37:21 AM »

I feel that after the subs came on we should have switched to 3 at the back

ROSS
           BANKS        J.JONES        BAINES

DONAWA                                             E.JONES
                            JOEY JONES
            MARRIOTT                   OSBOURNE
                            KOSYLO

ANGUS

instead of trying to fit players into the 4-2-3-1.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »

Should have just kept CCC, gone for a second,he was dictating the game.

Would have kept Amaluzor on a lot longer.

Joey Jones looked lost when he came on. Might have been better having Wilson's energy.

Or if we had chosen to go 3 at the back, then Roscoe for his height.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2023, 09:10:43 AM »

Linney will come good like Byrne will come good, but I'm not sure its going to worth the wait. I'd expect him to be either on the bench or loaned out before very long.

Absolute nonsense - like comparing apples with pears, and despite how much Dinanga has flourished at Gateshead I'd still rather have Linney, I think he's a better footballer and he seems to have a good understanding with those around him - he fits into our style of play well.

He averaged a goal every 195 minutes last season and we're one game into this one for Christ's sake.

I do think it's the main drawback of our 4231 system - Jordan  had many frustrating afternoons over the years where he had little support. I did think the 3421 we tried pre-season worked better given we could get the wing backs pushed higher up the pitch. Look at the first goal v Stockport (and the scorer).

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2023, 09:16:41 AM »

Osborne was my MOTM today he was great. Happy with a point overall but the added time was a joke. Later in the season and we win that 1-0 because of the time. We will be fine this season based  on today

I think we're going a little overboard on Osborne here. He still gave the ball away plenty of times, it's just that he managed to redeem a few times with good challenges.

As good as he is technically with his feet - he can often ping a very accurate pass - it's his footballing brain which lets him down; compared to those around him that thread together those lovely one-touch move that set us free on the attack, he'll pause... turn around... and then pass backwards.

One incident epitomised him well in the first half when the ball hung in the air for him unchallenged - his teammate shouted 'time' at least twice... and yet he couldn't get his brain in gear to bring it down, instead he decided to head it aimlessly inside into a dangerous position for them.

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2023, 09:21:27 AM »

I think we're going a little overboard on Osborne here. He still gave the ball away plenty of times, it's just that he managed to redeem a few times with good challenges.

As good as he is technically with his feet - he can often ping a very accurate pass - it's his footballing brain which lets him down; compared to those around him that thread together those lovely one-touch move that set us free on the attack, he'll pause... turn around... and then pass backwards.

One incident epitomised him well in the first half when the ball hung in the air for him unchallenged - his teammate shouted 'time' at least twice... and yet he couldn't get his brain in gear to bring it down, instead he decided to head it aimlessly inside into a dangerous position for them.

He also gave away the needless free kick which led to their corner, then their goal. Our club Twitter confirmed this! Just stand in front of your player lad without committing the foul.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2023, 11:30:49 AM »

I find Osbourne very frustrating.

8 out 10 yesterday but the missing 2 is woeful
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2023, 11:54:25 AM »

I think it's a case of I really want to like him but he keeps displaying traits that convince me to wish we had someone better and more reliable.
Perhaps the final addition we've been (almost) promised if season ticket sales meet expectations will address the issue?

PS. How did we get on with the season tickets by the way?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2023, 01:02:34 PM »

I think it's a case of I really want to like him but he keeps displaying traits that convince me to wish we had someone better and more reliable.
Perhaps the final addition we've been (almost) promised if season ticket sales meet expectations will address the issue?

PS. How did we get on with the season tickets by the way?

We are defo a decent CM short.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2023, 03:50:19 PM »

Exactly this . His lack of instinct and that extra time he needs to think of what to do next has cost us before and will continue to do so . Footballing skills can be improved bit those heat of the moment decision making situations are different .

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »

Positive performance all round.....some players stood out more than others, but overall each player did well against an organised side.....we would have lost that last season.

Problem remains though......our goals to clear chances ratio is far too low. Game was like Trophy semi where we should have been further ahead and the single goal was never enough.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2023, 07:37:19 PM »

Just watched the usual excellent Alty TV highlights. How on earth did we not get a penalty when their guy practically removed Baines's shirt? The referee was right in line, and had a clear view of it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 D&R Match Thread