PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live from the Netherlands…
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Live from the Netherlands…  (Read 5064 times)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Live from the Netherlands…
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2023, 11:07:05 AM »

Returned yesterday from what was both an excellent and enjoyable trip to Nijmegen to watch Alty's first foray into Europe.  Make no mistake this was a really momentous day in the history of Alty and credit is due to those who organised it and, in particular, to the large number of travelling Alty fans who made the trip.  While the scoreline might point to a disappointing afternoon, this was about far more than just football (Nijmegen put out a team full of quality players and so naturally dominated the play) and those who were there will remember this as being a real adventure and a notable landmark in the journey the Club is on.  Well done all.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2023, 04:16:28 PM »

My only disappointment is that no compliments for our fans or team were given publicly my NEC Nijmegen, or have not been reported.

Even the match report was all about them and no credit for our visit. However, I was not there due to foster family commitments, but I read nothing about my club or it's fans who gave a good account of themselves.

Or am I being rather picky?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2023, 07:16:54 PM »

My only disappointment is that no compliments for our fans or team were given publicly my NEC Nijmegen, or have not been reported.

Even the match report was all about them and no credit for our visit. However, I was not there due to foster family commitments, but I read nothing about my club or it's fans who gave a good account of themselves.

Or am I being rather picky?
That's just the way the dutch can be. I don't think anyone should read much in to it.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2023, 02:42:00 PM »

A further perspective on the strength of the NEC Nijmegen side came at The Den this afternoon. Fortuna Sittard, who finished 3 points behind them last season, beat Millwall 2-1. Duncan Watmore played the first 84 minutes.

I did express the view earlier in this thread that NEC would probably hold their own in the Championship - seems I may not have been wrong.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 02:44:09 PM by One Foot in the Grave »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Live from the Netherlands…