PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby on Easter Monday
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Grimsby on Easter Monday  (Read 11469 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby on Easter Monday
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »

A heads up incase there is no way we can get in on the 'pay what you want' deal.

According to the Grimsby site anyone wanting to get in as a a child or concession you have to buy the tickets in advance: http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10417~1060924,00.html
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 05:38:08 PM »

*** Please note that away fans concessions and child tickets must be purchased from the ticket office in advance. Please call 01472 605050 for more details***

There is no way they can do that surely?  If a child makes a decision to go on the day of the match they can't get in as a child?

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

Anything else they want to do to complicate things?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »

*** Please note that away fans concessions and child tickets must be purchased from the ticket office in advance. Please call 01472 605050 for more details***

There is no way they can do that surely?  If a child makes a decision to go on the day of the match they can't get in as a child?

Especially seeing as a child from Grimsby could just turn up on the day and get in at the reduced rate.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »

Surely they mean you have to walk round to the ticket office and buy them rather than at the turnstiles. Though that said I've seen weirder rules.

lesgtfc

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »

Surely they mean you have to walk round to the ticket office and buy them rather than at the turnstiles. Though that said I've seen weirder rules.
Correct, you can purchase tickets on the day. It just means you have to buy a ticket from the ticket office rather than paying cash on the turnstile.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »

Les
If I turn up at noon, I assume I can buy a ticket at the office.........how much then ...do you know ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »

"Wraith says the decision is backed by chairman John Fenty whose financial support for the club over the season to cover match-day losses amounts to just under £18,000 per game.
Wraith went on: "This season, John Fenty has committed funds to the club's cash-flow shortfall to the equivalent value of £17,856 per league game.
"His financial and personal commitment towards Grimsby Town has been unrelenting; but also obligatory for this club to continue to survive.
"In other words – his match-day 'ticket' for the 2010/11 season has been set in stone at a minimum of £17,856 per game."

Yeah, but he gets a complimentary programme and a free cup of bovril at half-time for that.

Mmmmmm! Bovril ! ! !

lesgtfc

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »

Les
If I turn up at noon, I assume I can buy a ticket at the office.........how much then ...do you know ?

Usual price for away fans is £18 (yeah I know it's pricey). Young Adults age 15-18 £12 OAPs £12 Under 15s £8.

However there is a £2 discount off each of the tickets if booked in advance by ringing our ticket office on 01472 605050. You can ring and book and pick them up on the day.

Ticket are on sale on the day right up until kick off though.

saffendalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »

tempted to go to this, london exiles, what train you planning to go on and return?

Butty

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »

When was this voucher printed? Is there any chance we could get a copy from somewehere?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »

having a massive problem here perhaps lee can help? Been trying to book concession tickets for me and my friends since Friday...however, Bank Holidays and weekends (presumably) have meant no one has answered the phone. There is absolutely no way we are paying 18 quid each. Will I be able to ring up tomorrow morning or what?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »

tempted to go to this, london exiles, what train you planning to go on and return?

Tats, London Alty are leaving KX at 9:00am changing at Donny for Cleethorpes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby on Easter Monday