News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bradford City outcheap Alty

Author Topic: Bradford City outcheap Alty  (Read 2718 times)

baldrick

« on: July 18, 2007, 08:07:06 AM »

The Daily Star claims Bradford City have slashed season ticket prices to £138 this has led to a record breaking 10,000 sales. Does anyone know how many Altrincham have sold? This does seem to prove that the way to get people back into football grounds is to cut prices.
BTW Is outcheap a word? if not it should be

markecky

Re: Bradford City outcheap Alty
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »

We'll sell about 300 I reckon.

Its great if you can do it but I honestly believe that if we slashed ours to £50 each we'd only sell say 50 more.

Fari play to Bradford though, it was a gamble thats paid off.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »

Struggling to remember my A level economics, but isn't this one all about price elasticity of demand?

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 09:13:24 AM »

sounds about right to me.  But economic theories are all proved wrong by football as there are human emotions (love / hate / loathing) to consider.

For example i would not have a season ticket for manchesterscum united if they were giving them away.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 04:54:11 PM »

sounds about right to me.  But economic theories are all proved wrong by football as there are human emotions (love / hate / loathing) to consider.

For example i would not have a season ticket for manchesterscum united if they were giving them away.

Some economic theories struggle with football supporters i.e. those theories concerned with competition, however the concept of price elasticity of demand is very relevant and applicable to the economic actions of football supporters.

Due to the emotional bond supporters have with their club the cost of supporting is not the primary concern when they choose to consume the product, as well as this there is often no substitute good that can be consumed instead of the original. What this means is that football as a product is price inelastic in demand. For example should the cost of attending increase by 10% the reduction in attendances (demand) will be less than 10%. The smaller the reduction in demand in response to an increase in price the more inelastic the demand for the good is.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jacko

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:11:21 PM »

???

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »

As the educated sort of bloke what I am,what JH is saying is correct, put the price up, some will stay away, reduce it, not many more will come. Football is not like buying a fridge or a telly.

Do I get a job as an economics lecturer?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

highwayman

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 01:11:16 PM »

When I picked up my season ticket from the Club yesterday, I asked how many had been sold.

I was told 200 standing and 70 sitting.

chrisrufc

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

Some economic theories struggle with football supporters i.e. those theories concerned with competition, however the concept of price elasticity of demand is very relevant and applicable to the economic actions of football supporters.

Due to the emotional bond supporters have with their club the cost of supporting is not the primary concern when they choose to consume the product, as well as this there is often no substitute good that can be consumed instead of the original. What this means is that football as a product is price inelastic in demand. For example should the cost of attending increase by 10% the reduction in attendances (demand) will be less than 10%. The smaller the reduction in demand in response to an increase in price the more inelastic the demand for the good is.

Yes that applies to the passionate supporters but not the floating fans.  If there are 300 season ticket holders and say about 250 away fans at the average Alty game then the majority of people aren't season ticket holders
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team