PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Runcorn on Wednesday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Runcorn on Wednesday  (Read 19797 times)

Teasierbeaver

Re: Runcorn on Wednesday
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »

Well done to those who went. They deserved that.

Page 4 winner  :)

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:16 PM »

Got exactly what I wanted tonight. Taylor has a lot of raw potential, looked good in the middle with Richman who it was good to see back. Nice little clubhouse, friendly faces.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:58 PM »

Not sure about our chances if we draw Crewe....... or Tranmere....... or Stockport......... or Hyde......... or Warrington........ or Witton......... or........

bighairedmike

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:51 PM »

The right result tonight. Glad we put out a strong side, it showed we aren't taking lightly the fact that wins breed confidence.

Defensively solid. Dawber looked a bit nervy at times and still makes me anxious when it comes back to him.

Midfield looked strong and there aren't enough words to describe Lawrence Taylor's performance. Absolutely outstanding. Assured, calm on the ball, strong in the challenge. Owens third goal was a great piece of play on the right, a quality whipped in cross from Patterson and a strong finish from 6 yards out, but the fact we started that all came back to taylor in the middle, breaking up play and starting us forward with purpose. Good to see Richman get 65 minutes on a tough pitch.

Owens looked good, even though he tired at the end. His first goal was a sublime strike from 25 yards and I've already mentioned the second.

Cyrus goal was a good header from a big lofted corner. Challenged though 2 players to run onto it. Proper bullet header.

Lawrie's goal was a well taken strike across the keeper from 18/20 yards out, that the keeper will probably feel aggrieved about not getting to.

We controlled the game well in most parts on what was a very tough pitch.

Important to get the win and keep a clean sheet. Good performance against a solid but unremarkable Runcorn side. Carl Rodgers and Phil Marsh played. Marsh anonymously for 60+ minutes.

EDIT: A very welcoming and friendly club. Nice, friendly people and good value at the snack bar. Will definitely go again if we play then anytime soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:37:21 PM by George Heslops Moustache »

arnald

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 10:55:43 PM »

Good start the only way is up

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:50 PM »

I didn't go so can't comment too much, but obviously an excellent result in a tie which looked like such a potential banana skin. I also liked the look of the team - pretty strong, but with one or two experimental changes - which I thought was right for this competition. As one of those experimental changes, Laurence Taylor, seemed to have another excellent game, it must be approaching time for him to appear on the bench for a league game.

arnald

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:35 PM »

runcorn a banna skin  you are joking or we are really are screwd

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2017, 09:12:09 AM »

Mr Moustache has it spot on - the only thing I would add is that I wanted us to practice getting to the byeline and getting crosses over - rather than a midfielder feeling he has to take a shot because we cant break down the defence.  Goal 3 = success in that department.  Patterson played very well in that capacity.

bighairedmike

« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »

Mr Moustache has it spot on - the only thing I would add is that I wanted us to practice getting to the byeline and getting crosses over - rather than a midfielder feeling he has to take a shot because we cant break down the defence.  Goal 3 = success in that department.  Patterson played very well in that capacity.

Good to see you again last night Bill.

We stood next to the away dugout last night and it was interesting listening to the management teams instructions. They wanted the same as you and were encouraging Sam Patterson to get forward as much as possible, and gamble at the back post with crosses from the left. He one thing I really noticed yesterday was how receptive all the players were to instructions given from the sideline. Over the past 3/4 months we have seen arguments between players and the sidelines and instructions visibly being ignored. Whether this is a result of certain players not playing or more discipline from the management team I don't know, but it was good to see.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »

Is it time to give the young lad Taylor a game in the league? He can't do much worse than any others. Moult is out now, Richman only just back. Get the youngster in learning next to Jones and see how it goes.

taxi Phil

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »

Is it time to give the young lad Taylor a game in the league? He can't do much worse than any others. Moult is out now, Richman only just back. Get the youngster in learning next to Jones and see how it goes.
You beat me to it. Playing alongside Jones would be good for him. If he doesn't last the pace Richman can come off the bench.

York Alty is back

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »

You beat me to it. Playing alongside Jones would be good for him. If he doesn't last the pace Richman can come off the bench.

What's to lose? Play him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »

I make that our first away victory in the Cheshire Senior Cup since a 4-3 win at Runcorn Linnets on 11th January 2011.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 06:23:19 PM »

I make that our first away victory in the Cheshire Senior Cup since a 4-3 win at Runcorn Linnets on 11th January 2011.

we love playing in Runcorn air

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 06:26:08 PM »

we love playing in Runcorn air

Linnets or Town we'll always win the crown
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Runcorn on Wednesday