PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Runcorn on Wednesday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Runcorn on Wednesday  (Read 19798 times)

andrewflynn

Runcorn on Wednesday
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:15:41 PM »

I'm sure a few will disagree with me here, but I'd like to see us go practically full strength on Wednesday night. This team needs to win games if it is to have any chance of gelling together and progressing forward. There is only so much we can do in training at this point. I'd only rest Reeves (clearly in need of sitting one out), Clee and Jones (we know their worth.)

Lawrie            Owens         Newby

Wilkinson        Densmore      Patterson     

Brownhill       Cyrus       Hannigan      Heathcote

Dawber

Time on the pitch together is what we need now, tone down this week's training sessions and focus on winning a game this Wednesday. It will do the first team lads who do start absolutely no favours if we fill out the squad with kids, and lose. In a way, we can't afford to lose. The damage it would do would be massive.

If we do put our best out and gain a defeat then, well, I don't know where we go from there.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Runcorn on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »

I saw Runcorn Town play against Maine Road earlier this season. They're near the top of that league but still look like a team even we could beat. I'll try and make it on Wednesday. We are already down so let#s put out a half decent squad and win it.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »

I'm sure a few will disagree with me here, but I'd like to see us go practically full strength on Wednesday night. This team needs to win games if it is to have any chance of gelling together and progressing forward. There is only so much we can do in training at this point. I'd only rest Reeves (clearly in need of sitting one out), Clee and Jones (we know their worth.)

Lawrie            Owens         Newby

Wilkinson        Densmore      Patterson     

Brownhill       Cyrus       Hannigan      Heathcote

Dawber

Time on the pitch together is what we need now, tone down this week's training sessions and focus on winning a game this Wednesday. It will do the first team lads who do start absolutely no favours if we fill out the squad with kids, and lose. In a way, we can't afford to lose. The damage it would do would be massive.

If we do put our best out and gain a defeat then, well, I don't know where we go from there.

I think Densmore is injured so maybe play McWilliams left side of midfield and Wilkinson centre.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »

We defo need to stat winnig games i agree.

Id play Patterson at rb as hes the best we have and try and get the back 4 to gel.  
Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 08:16:05 PM »

As I understand it, the eligibility deadline for this game is 12 noon on Tuesday next (10th Jan) so we should have no problems on that score unless any of our players represented another club in the previous round. Further, I'm told that this counts as an official 1st XI fixture towards clearing any suspensions - so Moult should now be available v Brackley on the 24th, postponements due to weather permitting - after all this is NW England & it is January ...
I would not expect the following to play on Wednesday in view of fitness/injury concerns in the first three cases & to preserve such assets as we have for more important business in the latter two - Deasy, Densmore, Reeves, Jones, Clee.
I suspect the following will feature to give them game time - McWilliams, Lawrie; they may be joined by Patterson & Richman dependent on fitness.
I guess McDonald may get on the field at some point.
I'm therefore expecting Dawber; Heathcote, Cyrus, Hannigan or McDonald, McWilliams; four of Wilkinson, Patterson, Richman, Newby, Cain, Brownhill; Lawrie, Owens. Assuming five subs can be named, those of the above who don't start plus A. Jones (GK), Taylor or Foster come into consideration.
I agree that we should look to win this game - it's a habit they need to get acquainted with. We shall see ...  

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 08:42:08 PM »

According to FA Fulltime, Simon Richman played for the reserves in their 3-1 win at Styal, although it doesn't indicate whether he completed the match, so I would expect him to be involved, subject to no reaction. As Laurence Taylor did so well at Macclesfield, I hope he will play a part, too.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 11:08:15 PM »

Now that Heathcote's involved again, I suspect/hope we'll give the CSC a go. Winning games is a habit that we desperately need to re-discover. I'd even suggest that we don't rest anyone - strongest team possible please. Hopefully we'll never again see the kind of lineup that Sinnott put out at AFC Northwich Flixton Urmston Villa 1874 a couple of years ago.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:02:13 AM »

Full strength, we need a consistent back four, an improvement to fitness and to win a football match. Matches far better than training. A game at the pavilions will also give a stark reminder of some of the comparable places will be playing at next season.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »

Glad to see people agree. We did dominate the second half on Saturday but just looked a bit toothless going forward. Sharpness in the final third comes with games. It won't happen because a MD/RL side is going to play 4-4-2 besides itself but I really think a 4-3-3 with two wingers flanking Owens could be the way to go. Reeves has put in far too many ineffective performances now, he needs dropping...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 09:18:33 AM »

Glad to see people agree. We did dominate the second half on Saturday but just looked a bit toothless going forward. Sharpness in the final third comes with games. It won't happen because a MD/RL side is going to play 4-4-2 besides itself but I really think a 4-3-3 with two wingers flanking Owens could be the way to go. Reeves has put in far too many ineffective performances now, he needs dropping...

It may be worth giving Reeves a go against Runcorn ... This game  could (possibly) give him the opportunity to end his goal drought against a weaker side (he says with tongue in cheek).

I think given our situation we should be treating the CSC like a Champions League. It could be the Catalyst to get us a few goals and gain some Confidence...

Never thought I would say that about the CSC  :o

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 09:54:38 AM »

Saw Runcorn's title rivals Atherton Colls defeat our old mates Shildon 4 1 in the vase on Saturday. Atherton would beat us.

York Alty is back

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »

Strongest team available plays.

Those that are not arsed about the club get shipped out.

It's all about where we finish in May 2018.

Each game from now until August is a pre season opportunity.

Not all the squad will want to play Evostik level, thank them for their time and show them the door. That  can happen irrespective of who manages  the team next season.

The club looks for players who do want to play for Alty. That can also happen now irrespective of who is manager next season.

Before the G!oucester game I posted something of a clarion call for the players.  That's gone now, like our Vanarama league spot.

It's only about where we finish in May 2018.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:52:24 AM by York Alty »

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »

Well I agree that this season is over, I still can't quite accept the idea that we're not going to have another meaningful game until August. That perhaps more than anything is going to absolutely kill this club.

York Alty is back

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »

Well I agree that this season is over, I still can't quite accept the idea that we're not going to have another meaningful game until August. That perhaps more than anything is going to absolutely kill this club.

I am in a very despondent mood today...

The players have something to play for, well those that want to stay on next season do.

The club has some pride to win back too.

Black, all is black!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:51 AM »

We don't have a large enough squad for those not involved to do any meaningful training so for me it's full strength (ha) and go win a game, any game.

As for meaningful matches, too late, getting Doughty the job, preparing for next year, trying to stay up this year, playing for contracts whatever. That's all by the bye as far as I'm concerned. For me, these players owe us some performances now. Enough weak hearted whinging go win some games, no excuses. CSC or league whatever I'm sick of watching this sh*t. They owe is performances big time now.

For all the stick the board are getting (imo rightly and from me too) the fact is that no no one at this club has done a good job for the best part of 15 months now. No one, not management not players not anyone else (and if you want to argue the toss, don't bother because you haven't got a leg to stand on) especially the players who have got off very lightly stick wise.

Go get it sorted.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Runcorn on Wednesday