PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Elam, who's next..... Denham ??????
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Elam, who's next..... Denham ??????  (Read 7636 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

Players of his quality should be playing week in, week out. I am gutted, I think he's a lot more mature player than most and again quality slips through our fingers. Hooray I can see more of Peyton, love it !!!! NOT. Good luck Lee and like Logan I don't blame you for moving on, because watching a lot worst players play in front of you must be a killer. My mind is still baffled why you were dropped as you were constantly playing well !!! pisses me off. Denham will be next to leave ( watch this space ) !!! Gutted

seasonticket

Re: Elam, who's next..... Denham ??????
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »

I know evry one has an opinion but I don't understand the Elam is brilliant brigade.
How many goals did he score? How many did he create?
Sorry he is no loss. At least you know what you get with Peyton. Not the most skillful player admitted but he does contibute the occasional goal.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »

Where is Carlos Logan's team in the league?

He's hardly Pelé!
Come on Alty!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »

Yeah I forgot Peyton sets up and scores so many goals himself????????What do you actually get with Peyton, someone who runs runs around and isn't quite sure what he is doing. At least Elam ran at defenders, caused mayhem, often two defenders would go for him, calm on the ball, quick, football minded. Peyton, slow, hoofs it at every opportunity because he's has no confidence on the ball, never takes a defender to whip a ball in, you only need one defender on him, in fact you probably don't need that because its not often he makes any runs !!! people are blind. Just go back this season and look at the games Elam had started and look at the games with Peyton starting. The fugures are mind blowing, against Luton we might as well played with ten men, he was that crap. Just look at results, enough said !!!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »

I suppose Elam had to go to make room for Kaka.

BTW: apparently Kaka is to marry Ulrika Johnson: making her Ulrika Kaka

radcliffe alty

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

Amazing how a thread about Elam and Denham leaving turns into yet another asassaination of Peyton within 2 lines.

Attitude and commitment win over (a bit of) skill every day for me, especially at the level we're operating at. Peyton WILL score a screamer in a 1-0 win at Oxford today, I promise.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:57:11 PM by radcliffe alty/jerez alty »

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »

It did baffle me how Peyton played instead of Elam, but that's not Warren's fault. He always gives his best and is a useful squad man.

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »

Attitude and commitment win over (a bit of) skill every day for me, especially at the level we're operating at.  
[/quote]
To be honest im not sure about this anymore, maybe 10 years ago but the game is so fast now its moments of skill and tecnique that often make the differance between 2 sides,for example Histon are'nt just a team that work hard people forget they have good quality players too,
Lee elam made the right runs and it was clear he made defenders feel uncomfortable, we will miss his left foot for sure
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:19:50 PM by Jacko »

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »

I am with oneedham on this one.

He is a class player and a cut above most of our team.

Alot of people say he doesnt do much, but I think you would probably all agree attack is the best form of defence. When he comes on the pitch he terrorises the oppostion preventing them surging forward and seiging our goal. he take two players from the pitch to mark him.

he is a good player and i am truely gutted he left.

Having said that I p***sed he went to vics, we lost a good player here who provides a great outlet to the team and keeps the opposition on their toes.

Reading Robin

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »

Amazing how a thread about Elam and Denham leaving turns into yet another asassaination of Peyton within 2 lines.

Attitude and commitment win over (a bit of) skill every day for me
, especially at the level we're operating at. Peyton WILL score a screamer in a 1-0 win at Oxford today, I promise.

Not for me.  The slogan for England is pride, passion, belief and as with your comment i can possess all of them and still be a terrible footballer.  It's a British thing and is more prevalent in non-league to favour commitment over skill, i've actually been impressed with Elam's work rate and he's the more tactically aware as well. 

The question of how many goals has he scored/created is tired.  It's very difficult to answer, many haven't been to all games and who can recall the number of assists anyway?  Elam has looked a threat when i've seem him im disappointed, but i can't argue with the decision as i dont know the financial situation is.

joe

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:36:32 PM »

I think alot of people are missing the point here.
Lee Elam requested to be released from his contract because he wanted to reduce his travelling and then shafted us over by signing for Northwich! Altrincham didn't release Lee Elam because he was surplus to requirements.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 02:43:19 PM »

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not happy Elam has gone either and he's clearly a good player. I was making a point about poor old Warren getting a bashing again for no reason! I don't think we'd see him engineering a move to Vics - or anywhere - behind the clubs back (if that is indeed what has happened).

And I do love to see skillful players at Moss Lane, and we certainly do have some still in Denham, Little, Dale and Densmore. But I still believe the foundation of any good team has to be the committment first (which is seems Elam didn't have), with some skill thrown in as well.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not happy Elam has gone either and he's clearly a good player. I was making a point about poor old Warren getting a bashing again for no reason! I don't think we'd see him engineering a move to Vics - or anywhere - behind the clubs back (if that is indeed what has happened).

And I do love to see skillful players at Moss Lane, and we certainly do have some still in Denham, Little, Dale and Densmore. But I still believe the foundation of any good team has to be the committment first (which is seems Elam didn't have), with some skill thrown in as well.

Good point

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not happy Elam has gone either and he's clearly a good player. I was making a point about poor old Warren getting a bashing again for no reason! I don't think we'd see him engineering a move to Vics - or anywhere  - behind the clubs back (if that is indeed what has happened).

Could be well worth his while doing this though, as there's the potential for plenty of building work to be undertaken at the Marston's Arena once Connett has finished asset-stripping the stadium...!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »

Don't get me wrong guys, I am not happy Elam has gone either and he's clearly a good player. I was making a point about poor old Warren getting a bashing again for no reason! I don't think we'd see him engineering a move to Vics - or anywhere  - behind the clubs back (if that is indeed what has happened).

Could be well worth his while doing this though, as there's the potential for plenty of building work to be undertaken at the Marston's Arena once Connett has finished asset-stripping the stadium...!

Peyton will go too then!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team