Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Millwalls reputation putting off fans? Discuss...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is Millwalls reputation putting off fans? Discuss...  (Read 7642 times)

Boro-in-Warrington

Re: Is Millwalls reputation putting off fans? Discuss...
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »

Hope someone can help.

You are right, at least 2 of the lads are not "set" on a team yet, just love watchinig football. My eldest is like me though, a Middlesbrough supporter.

We had season tickets at Boro until last season, and still go sometimes, but to be truthful, we are in the market for a more local team to support. In the last 6 weeks we have been to Warrington Town, Witton Albion, FC United, TNS, Tranmere...

So far, FC United was the one they enjoyed most, but Altrincham is closer to me than Bury is!!!!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »

Not in a position to help you out mate but hope someone manages to sort something out for you.
These guys are the kind of neutrals we need to encourage.
I am also a little surprised that there is no credit card facility set up. Maybe this is something we need to look at ?

Given that we are now trading solvently, have quite a hefty turnover, and that taking card payments could actually increase business (as the Boro fan shows) - I'm surprised we don't take them either.

markecky

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »

Two points

1) Its a good point about the cards and something the club will have to take the plunge with soon i am sure.  However it isn't as easy as borrowing a card machine, you need a merchant account and security checks etc..they are powerful machines in the wrong hands

2) John, I have emailed you mate, I might be able to help you out.  We can't turn 4 people away!

Boro-in-Warrington

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »

Mark,

You have mail.

Question - why doesnt the club open a Paypal account, then it wouldnt need a machine? Charge a 50p "booking fee" to cover the Paypal cost - hey Presto!!! Middlesbrough fans could then attend!!!

DarrenH

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 11:35:15 AM »

Applause to Ecky.
Have a goodwin.
Knew you would be able to sort something well done mate.

crewe alty

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 02:37:48 PM »

Well done ecky  ;) i picked my tickets up on monday bit of a nightmare with work and tea time traffic 2 hour round trip would normally take an hour but worth it.Think the club needs to look at other payment alternatives could help the sale of merchandise,season tickets ect.just a thought and i will be trying tonight if say 10 of us ring the legends programme and plug the game i.e. all ticket,no trouble makers expected,extra security if they do,united are playing tonight so might attract a few to the game.as for saturday lets all just enjoy it for what it is the f.a. cup.

COME ON ALTY 

p.s. hope barneys is staying open on sat,

bighairedmike

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 04:15:26 PM »

I asked a friend who works at barneys about it being open. She says it will be and there should be extra staff on too.  :)

Alex

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 04:46:43 PM »

well thats good we can all enjoy a visit to barneys and indulge in good food and a how much can we embarris mike contest  ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »

She isn't working. They wanted people who had been workin there for longer and therefore faster or something like that. Unlucky mate.  ;D

bighairedmike

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 10:03:26 PM »

Slight change here. Barneys is only open up untill kick off, repeat, barneys is only open up untill kick off.

Police have been in there too recommending that they should close earlyish.

I'm beginning to agree with baldrick more and more about the police on this one

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »

Hmm, why only til kick off, can't imagine there would be trouble there while the match is on. That said, probably best closed afterwards as I remember a cup tie ages ago AND THERE WERE REPORTS OF A FIGHT IN A FISH AND CHIP SHOP LATER!!

:D :D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

Hmm, why only til kick off, can't imagine there would be trouble there while the match is on. That said, probably best closed afterwards as I remember a cup tie ages ago AND THERE WERE REPORTS OF A FIGHT IN A FISH AND CHIP SHOP LATER!!

:D :D

Some unlucky cod got battered :D :D
@AltyDaz

Jacko

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 01:30:02 PM »

LOL! COD
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is Millwalls reputation putting off fans? Discuss...