PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bring back Maddox and Pottsy
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bring back Maddox and Pottsy  (Read 6547 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back Maddox and Pottsy
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 03:52:27 PM »

lugsden left on loan. why shouldnt he come back??
Potts left coz he didnt have the fitness, maybe a good run for barrow is what he needed. and not having peter thompson around for the midnight feast should help his weight. pottsy is a quality winger, something we severly lacked last season.

Maddox, if anything should come back in a coaching role. i would like to see someone new to the club brought in, but finances (?) may be against us.
[/quote]

Maddox: should not return as a player but a coaching role would be fine;

Potts: seriously, has he ever been 'fit' during his career?!
Yes, he did a great job for us during our previous Conference North experience....but that was over two years ago now.
We need to look for fresh players, not fall back on old stalwarts who would then offer us nothing if we were actually to achieve promotion.

Lugdsen: if he was on loan to Leigh RMI, why then didn't we recall him late last season when we were struggling to name five fit substitutes?
In my view, he is simply not good enough anyway. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »

Surely if Barrow want to keep Potts it's all academic anyway. If he's playing regularly which is what he wanted when he left, then why would he want to leave Barrow?

1. its barrow
2. travel time
3. were better then them
4. better club
5. better players
6. better support (vocal)
7. memories
8. better management
9. chippy oustide the ground
10. ITS BARROW!

enough?

for me pottsy would slip onto the right wing with robbie and bush making centre mid, putting lewis or peyton (if we get another LB) on the wing. just think it would be more attacking and creative.

then with owen, hussin and lugsden making the rest of midfield.

I would prefer new players to come into the frame, but its upto GH not me!! Gh needs to bring in players who are up to the task, there HAVE to be players out there. Im certainly not saying bring pottsy back, but if GH feels he is the best option, then what choice do we have?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:50:58 PM by casper »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 04:02:08 PM »

I can't believe for a second that GH is frightened of signing new players.  If he is he shouldn't be in the job!   

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 06:21:09 PM »

Maddog should return to the club....but only in the position of reserve team player/manager.For all the good reviews he's getting at Leigh,he is not a Conference National player nowadays,which is the sort of players we've got to look for if we want to come back straight up.

Pottsy should only return if he can prove his fitness levels are good enough for the National level.There is no point bringing him in to get us back up,then release him as he cannot hack the next step up.

If we do sign anyone again, it is without doubt Hussin. I believe he is currently good enough fitness-wise to compete at this level, and that with the extra year out of the Conference National, he will be capable of competing at National level.He truly deserves his chance to prove himself at that level.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

louise1925

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 11:10:15 PM »

Agree! Eddie back and that is all (poss for Bush). The rest are not good enough. Just got to keep Munroe. Can't see Chalmers staying. Funnily enough, I could see Senior sticking around. Guaranteed first team place and some easy goals in Conf North. Got to be better for him than a subs spot at Farsley!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »

Agree! Eddie back and that is all (poss for Bush). The rest are not good enough. Just got to keep Munroe. Can't see Chalmers staying. Funnily enough, I could see Senior sticking around. Guaranteed first team place and some easy goals in Conf North. Got to be better for him than a subs spot at Farsley!

not sure if he would be guarenteed a first team spot as a central striker with one ill and little , i know he can play wide but i get the impression he prefers it down the middle.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 03:07:03 AM »

Can't see Chalmers staying.

Yep, signing for Milan apparently. :'(
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

louise1925

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

Sorry Jimmy - that one's lost on me.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »

IMO he isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.

I can't see him making it at a League club, and nor do I feel he will get into the midfield of any other local Conference sides.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 01:23:58 PM »

IMO he isn't as good as a lot of people think he is.

I can't see him making it at a League club, and nor do I feel he will get into the midfield of any other local Conference sides.

Jimmy,

Well, I understood your original message!

Agree 100% with you re. Chalmers.

Too much hype and not enough substance as yet.

He's nowhere near as good a player as Craney was when he was at Moss Lane.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »

Can't see Chalmers staying.

Yep, signing for Milan apparently. :'(

Inter or AC?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 06:26:37 PM »

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 09:56:03 PM »

not sure if he would be guarenteed a first team spot as a central striker with one ill and little , i know he can play wide but i get the impression he prefers it down the middle.

if one strikers ill wouldnt he have more of a chance? ;)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »

if one strikers ill wouldnt he have more of a chance? ;)

very witty ambrosian boy lol
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bring back Maddox and Pottsy