Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.  (Read 13838 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 06:28:45 PM »

Peyton did a decent job this season, cant see why we wouldnt keep him at left back? A Scott for cover?

the fact that payton hates playing at left back might prove an issue if we ask him to do it again for a full season
next season we should play a.scott left back and peyton left mid

in my opinion a scott is would not get in to a decent conf north side , we should be looking at someone new.

Bath Alty

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »

Coburn and Acton are two very good keepers so no probs there

Aspinal RB
Scott LB
Band CB
Munroe CB

with Rose to fill in either CB or RB, maybe prefer Rose to Munroe? Peyton cover LB

RW Lawton
CM Bushell
CM Lewis
LW Peyton

Owen play if fit/not retired
Lawton cover CM with Rod / Joe on the wing instead
No real cover LW - no surprise this is the hole GH tried to fill

Colin, Joe up front

Rod and Pat cover

Looks pretty good team and bench but not much cover beyond that.  Other than LW which is first priority I think we should be happy strengthening anywhere with first XI quality.  No point bringing in cover, it doesn't make the team any stronger.

Good to see GH has built a team loyal to the cause and full of players we are all happy to see back next year.

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »

to be fair i cant see peyton being on the bench as Jezza said. after this season he would have to be (injury a-side) one of the people we should have in the team week in week out. playing g.scott left abck and warren infront of him could be very productive down the left side, but g.scott isn't naturally left footed which is a slight snag. as alex said, peyton hates playing left back but he has done consistently (well) with a few exceptions when he has played in midfield. the fact that he keeps doing the job there is something to look at. maybe playing a 3-5-2 with peyton as a wing-back would be a good move? would love lewis to stay and if he does, play him on the left and warren behind him, if he doesn't a new left back/gary scott needed to go defensive. anyway rod could do a job on the right wing but i think that is the main area to look at then left back.

Bath Alty

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 07:25:14 PM »

I didn't have Warren on the bench he was on LW.

Agree that G scott isn't a natural left footer and you're probably right the LB is our top priority.

scottytee

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »

hi my names scott tootill and i maybe gettin an invitation to train with and play for the club in july/august this year. i play defence,midfield or attck as long is it aint on the left sorry guys just cant play the left side.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »

Im sure we all have different styles, thoughts etc. heres mine

GK Coburn (Acton cover)

RB Scotty
LB Need one
CB Rose
CB Munroe

LW Peyton
RW Lawton
CM Chalmers
CM Bushell

FC Little
FC McFadden

still retained
Aspinal, owen, Thornley, O'Neill, Band, Hussin, Lugsden

also depends if senior returns to halifax

Really only need a LB to the squad, and maybe a CM if chalmers leaves.

Players not retained
Bowler, A. Scott, Talbot (retired?)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:40:50 PM by casper »

Altysmiffy

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »

AND DON'T FORGET THE RESERVES!!!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 08:41:27 PM »

I didn't have Warren on the bench he was on LW.

Agree that G scott isn't a natural left footer and you're probably right the LB is our top priority.

Jezza said it not you.  :D

GK Coburn (cover Acton)

RB Asa (cover Scotty)

CH Band Munroe (cover Rose and AN other..Mad-dog?)

LB We need one (cover Peyton Rose Scotty)

RW We need one (cover Scotty/Lawton)

Centre Mid Lawton and Eddie (cover Val Rose band)

LW Lewis (cover Peyton)

Centre forward Colin, Fearns (cover Rod Pat)

Subs; Rod, Pat, Val , Rose, Scott, Peyton

So Scotty's doing a lot next season, we're signing Eddie and Terry Fearns as well as a right winger and a left back and we're still looking a bit thin squad wise....lots for 'cote to do!

But if the 4 signings can be found I reckon that's a pretty strong side?

I've not included Joe or Bushell as i think they may be on their way...hopefully they'll stay.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 09:24:29 PM »

RB Asa (cover Scotty)
[qoute]

One of main reasons we've slipped off the footballing map is that a fit G. Scott was sat on the bench while Aspinal played right back. If you don't agree get the Southport away DVD.

Full time and proud of it

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »

RB Asa (cover Scotty)
[qoute]

One of main reasons we've slipped off the footballing map is that a fit G. Scott was sat on the bench while Aspinal played right back. If you don't agree get the Southport away DVD.

I think scotty and asa are good conf noth players had we stayed in conf i think a new right back would have been a priority but probably be ok with a combination of them both.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »

in my opinion a scott is would not get in to a decent conf north side

Andy Scott wouldn't get into a bad Conference North side....!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

teasybeaver

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:56 AM »

No offense to P Band but I would play rose n munroe over him every time, not sure why he's such a must have in  defense.

We desperately need to bring in some new blood. Conf North is tinpot in terms of grounds and the money generated at games compared to conf national but the standard of football will be better than we realise. Without some more pace in the midfield I think we might be in for a shock!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 09:59:57 AM »

My, this is a good thread.  ::) So we've no idea who's being released, who on earth might be available from other clubs or what the budget will be. Everyones squad is basically this seasons minus the released Thomson and Bowler, Talbs expected to reitire, maybe Andy Scott released and a bit of debate about whether Asa is still up to it and will anyone who has left us in the past couple of years come back! The only suggested signing has been Terry Fearns. Think this one is best left until the start of July.

That said...

... I think we keep roughly the squad we've got now, I think Colin and Joe would be a right handful. Joe has a burst of pace that would serve him well in BSN. We must tho, must, sign a left back (Warren so much more threatening on left mid), a decent winger (more so a right sided one I guess) and a target man. Unfortunately finances have taken a hit just as it looked like we could strengthen the team for the first time in years. On crowds of 700 next season (don't kid yourselves it'll be higher unless we are clear at the top of the league) that won't be the case and cuts may have to be made beyond just the Bowler/Thomson wages.

If I knew of any players maybe Matt Doughty of Halifax will leave in the summer, he might of come to confnat but not BSN, wingers are rarer these days, if it went tits up at Vics and we'd stayed up maybe Chris Williams, now looking at Jamie Tandy if he doesn't cut it in the national with Droylesden, decent target men I really don't know. Always like Mike Moseley at Witton but he's more in the Rod Thornley mould.

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »

Got you all thinking there...surprised not many rose to the Terry Fearns worm on the line!

Does show what the job the 'cote has got and the dilemna of just using the square pegs of this season into the round holes rather than looking for new signings.

New signings a must are a decent right winger and an orthodox left back....Chris Adams?
I think that might be enough.

Also Robbie is not an orthodox right winger and to my mind would be the perfect dynamic force in the centre midfield with Eddie.

I think picking and choosing a team from last years squad will produce a hard team but not enough creativity or goals to get up again.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »

I think Rod has already gone - look south a little to find him.............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Suggested squad for next season with recommended signings.