PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scruffy vegans
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Scruffy vegans  (Read 10150 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Scruffy vegans
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

Rules are rules   8)
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »

I wouldn't go anywhere where a tie needs to be worn, with the probable exception of funerals.   They chaps choose to dress casually (as I do) and should expect some places to prefer not to have them on you their premises.

It's really rather easy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 07:49:18 PM »

I suspect that the point here is less about Dress Codes per se than about courtesy.

If for example next season FGR wrote to us and said that to be allowed access to their Boardroom one would have to wear a bowler hat, yellow braces and a Donald Duck Tie then those people from Alty who wished to enter the Boardroom would wear a bowler hat, yellow braces and a Donald  Duck Tie. THose of our contingent who either could niot get such a fetching outfit or chioe not to wear it simply would not attempt to gain entry to the Board Room.

Entry to the Boardroom at a Football Club is not a right, not even for visiting Directors. You are invited and asked to abide by certain House Rules. If you ain't keen on doing that then don't try to go in and MOST  CERTAINLY don't go whining to your local press about it.

Incidentally is there any relevance to their guy being a prospective Parliamentarian? Does that exempt you from certain rules??

Aren't you still expected to wear a tie in the Commons? Can't see him kicking off about a dress code there.

Incidentally, I like the fact that the club insist on shirts and ties in the boardroom. Standards have lapsed in every walk of life recently and I am all for upholding tradition. You're an ambassador of the club you serve, and if a dress code is required then you stick to it. If you don't like it then pay for a ticket and stand with the fans and wear whatever you want.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »

Entry to a boardroom at a sporting event usually implies some form of generous hospitality e.g. a nice meal, a few beers, a few slugs of brandy and in the past a good cigar. You then sit in the best seats in the ground and return for tea, coffee and cake at half time followed by the same again at full time........So, if you want a free lunch etc, you abide by the hosts rules......alternatively hang around the bar and take your seat just before kick-off...........it is really that simple  >:(
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »

It is surely accepted etiquette that if you enter the top table of any establishment that you dress accordingly and respectfully. The actual fact that these prats have an issue with normal decorum and manners I find astounding. This Vicar of Dibley towtown outfit are again showing their true colours and complete lack of professionalism. As for the statement that their chairman doesn't do away games! I can't even begin to understand that. Stick to forcing your vgan morals on others while beating up fun loving away fans then, utter, utter bunch of clowns.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 09:47:48 PM »

FGR - turn up there with a beach ball and a steward will try and pull your head of your shoulders.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 12:06:42 PM »

I suspect that the point here is less about Dress Codes per se than about courtesy.

If for example next season FGR wrote to us and said that to be allowed access to their Boardroom one would have to wear a bowler hat, yellow braces and a Donald Duck Tie then those people from Alty who wished to enter the Boardroom would wear a bowler hat, yellow braces and a Donald  Duck Tie. THose of our contingent who either could niot get such a fetching outfit or chioe not to wear it simply would not attempt to gain entry to the Board Room.

Entry to the Boardroom at a Football Club is not a right, not even for visiting Directors. You are invited and asked to abide by certain House Rules. If you ain't keen on doing that then don't try to go in and MOST  CERTAINLY don't go whining to your local press about it.

Incidentally is there any relevance to their guy being a prospective Parliamentarian? Does that exempt you from certain rules??

Well, he is a labour candidate, so no standards then!  ;) JM is also a prospective parliamentarian and she says she should have either worn a tie or just not gone!

Personally, I think it is good that certain establishments hold up standards and a simple courtesy for guests to uphold them.

robins1978

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 12:32:54 PM »

Watch there side from the boardroom? I would like to see that
and not have to look at that awful sickly coloured kit. Best place to watch FGR playing in that kit!

robins1978

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »

I was stuck behind them when they were putting the ties on, totally oblivious they were blocking the way for people behind them to get in thru the doors. They didnt seem to impressed about the tie rule. They could have not bothered of course and not gone in the boardroom. Im sure they must have had the same problem at other grounds as other clubs will have a 'tie to be worn in the boardroom rule' as well!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »

For all the debate over our dress code being inappropriate/over the top, they were told well in advance that it was a requirement for entry to the boardroom, yet they wilfully disregarded that information. It's not like they were asked to pay to come in or anything "ridiculous" like that. Just wear a tie and we'll look after you for the afternoon. Seems a pretty good deal to me.

Come on Alty!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 04:27:49 PM »

What if you wear a todger tie? Does that count?

I hate dress restrictions and generally speaking will avoid anywhere that enforces them. Having said that, complaining about them is a bit pointless when you are pre-warned and know the score.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »

I'm assuming the dress code was mentioned when they made a courtesy call in midweek to apologise for their chairman not coming to represent them?

It's not hard to work out that there may be other notable guests, even potential investors there who the club need to make a good impression on. A high standard of dress code is a way of ensuring that. It's just common courtesy.

As for what would they do if Dale Vince turned up like that? Well, exactly the same as we're not as sycophantic as you. And just to let you know, when Dale Vince meets with people, and at his level you're talking multi million pound financiers/bankers he wears a shirt and tie, don't worry about that.

Running for MP I notice, if successful you know full well typhus be suited and booted every day.

Utterly disrespectful.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »

You can tell from this long, rambling post that he's rather in love with himself and the sound of his own voice: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47831&start=60#p664021

I think you tell he's a bloody oddball by the fact he called into Little Moreton Hall before going to a football match.

Although, Laurence has made London Alty visit both Salisbury and Worcester Cathedrals...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 08:16:11 PM »

Looking forward to our next visit when our dignitaries have to wear t-shirts and have their arse hanging out of ripped jeans
Full time and proud of it

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:42:05 PM »

Does one know if we turned up at FGR with a yummy beef burger in hand, would we be allowed in???
These people need to grow up.
Rules are rules.
If one is told how to dress , one should abide by the rules.
Like them or not.
Who were the two who didn't have ties.
Love to know if they employed people!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scruffy vegans