General Category > Altrincham FC First Team

4 down.....

(1/2) > >>

Altysmiffy:
I've felt this all season that 4 going down is too many.

The Conference is the only division that does this.

I appreciate the need to keep as many teams in Conf North & South as interested as poss, but I can't help but feel the same qualification that Alty had to go through - with a North v South play off - would be sufficient and fairer on the Conference clubs.

Anyone else think that 4 going down is too many?

(I hasten to add that bias against Alty facing the drop has a little influence on this!)

Daycare Dan:
4 down is right I'd say, gives the North/South teams something to play for. Typical Alty; we come up the season it's the hardest with 3 games (all away!!)

But I don't think it will matter who finishes in the bottom 4, those 4 will almost certainly not go down the way the Conference has been ran the past few years. I think it also makes things more competitive, there are so many teams that could go down, it might not be decided until the last game of the season.

Altysmiffy:

--- Quote from: Daycare Dan on March 04, 2007, 06:35:53 PM ---But I don't think it will matter who finishes in the bottom 4, those 4 will almost certainly not go down the way the Conference has been ran the past few years.

--- End quote ---

Who might be susceptible to the whims & fancies of the Conference board?

Crawley should be favourites. Anyone else?

Daycare Dan:
I think they just put a pin in the final league table and say "Right what can we send them down for......"

Crawley and Weymouth (if they can't straighten themselves out) are looking a good bet. It'd be nice if FGR broke a rule and got sent down too.  ;D

Altysmiffy:
Naughty Daycare Dan! How could you say such a thing about FGR?????

teeheehee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version