PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's your favourite Alty goal??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: What's your favourite Alty goal??  (Read 10634 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite Alty goal??
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

Before my time but my Dad has mentioned a goal by Andy Windsor against Hartlepool in the FA Cup in 1970 as being a bit special.

joe,

I was privileged to witness that Andy Windsor goal back in November 1973.

An absolute screamer from 30 yards to clinch a 2-0 victory.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 08:04:58 PM »

In Chronological order:

1. Ken McKenna's winner at the Golf End to settle that epic 3-2 win over Kettering in 1991, I recall there was a great photo of the prostrate Kettering defence, broken men as our players and the crowd are going mental

2. Chris Sharratt's winner in the 2nd round of the cup vs Wigan in December '94, remembered more and rightly so for Paul Collings superb display in goal

3. The OG winner late at Bamber Bridge in the Unibond title season, loads of Alty packed in behind that goal and we'd knocked one of our main rivals out of the race at that point

4. Dale's winner at York last Christmas, the way he robbed their man and then the finish from a tight angle, great goal and our first win against York,

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 08:28:54 PM »

I am surprised no one has mentioned these two

But two goals in three minutes early in the second half settled the match. Thornley got the first when he drove home the loose ball from 12 yards after Aspinall's well-hit shot was deflected to him, following a Potts corner (52 mins). The second goal came when Owen headed home from Little's chip (55 mins).

2 of the most important goals in the last 4 years.
@AltyDaz

Narcissist

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »

Shaun Constables goal that never was at spurs.

Actual goal was probably an Ian Craney equaliser at Colwyn Bay, I think spudvan got the winner. I seem to remember bizarre away goals that I just loved celebrating.

Pritchards at macc was probably my favorite derby goal. Its still clear as day now.

markecky

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »

I am surprised no one has mentioned these two

But two goals in three minutes early in the second half settled the match. Thornley got the first when he drove home the loose ball from 12 yards after Aspinall's well-hit shot was deflected to him, following a Potts corner (52 mins). The second goal came when Owen headed home from Little's chip (55 mins).

2 of the most important goals in the last 4 years.

Ahh Eastbourne at Stoke..

What about Vals last minute winner away at BPA!

Alex

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 09:01:29 PM »

oh so many you could think of, i think many have been listed above aswell (a lot before my time tho).

for me theres:

. Senior vs Milwall
.Colin vs Weymouth (to make it 1-1 if only the day had gone the right way)
.Val vs FGR (a daisy cutter that wiped the smirk of peakys face)
.Colin Little vs FGR (the second goal from this years match that was heads and volleys)
.Robbie Lawton vs Vics
.marcus hallows vs nuneaton (i think, the lob over the keeper followed by the elvis tribute by the corner flag)

and more....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 10:38:47 PM »

2004 / 05 was memorable :-
How about the 'own' goal in extra-time away at Kettering in the Conf North Play-Off Final.........people jumping for joy behind the goal whilst a few yards away the player sunk to his knees........not to mention Val Owens goal beforehand

Eddie Hussin 'Hand of God' vs Droylsden

Eddie Hussin (?) rebound off the hoardings and into the net (Russian linesman) vs Alfreton Town
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:42:55 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

decman7

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »

Senior vs Millwall
Rod  vs Vics
Joe vs Vics away

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »

In Chronological order:

4. Dale's winner at York last Christmas, the way he robbed their man and then the finish from a tight angle, great goal and our first win against York,

You've overlooked our epic 4-3 win over York City in an FA Cup replay back in January 1982.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 01:13:27 AM »

the chant of we will only score again was fantastic at that game

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 08:11:56 AM »

No 1 - Jackie Swindells 1st vs Scarborough
No 2 - Jackie Swindells 2nd vs Scraborough...
No 3 etc.
No 4
No 5
No 6 Mal Baily at Runcorn
No 7 JJ at Spurs
No 8 JR at Wembley 78
No 9 JJ at Wembley 78
No 10 JK at Wembley 78
No 11 Phil Gardiner at Crewe CSC Winner

got to go to work now so better stop!

tomalty

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

Senior Vs Millwall in the FA cup
Little Vs Stevenage first day of the season 2006 i think ???

Alex

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »

I don't know why but even though he got a number of important last minute goals for us I still remember one by Paul France.

I think it was Gerry Quinn's first season 1992/93 sometime in March, we weren't in strife but it was getting a bit close

>>>>>>>>

Scrap all that, it was bugging me so I went and dug the programmes out of the cellar.

Sat 19 Mar 1994 at home to Yeavil Town a month after Kingy returned to the club (wins v Bath, Dover, Stafford, Staly bridge, a draw at Woking and a 0-1 defeat to Macc)

The bottom 6 was

Halifax p27 pts 33
ALTY p30 pts 33
Yeovil p 29 pts 31
Dag & Red p 26 pts 28
Witton p33 pts 28
Stalybridge p29 pts 25

Remember we'd never been relegated from the conference at this point. The game was 0-0 and Yeovil had, understandably if you look at the table been time wasting and play acting etc. Deep, deep into injury time Franny heading in a free kick from the right wing at the Chequers end and it was absolute pandemonium.

Altho his goal at Merthyr was better, anyway must go as I think there's some mixed news on the way.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »

I don't know why but even though he got a number of important last minute goals for us I still remember one by Paul France.

I think it was Gerry Quinn's first season 1992/93 sometime in March, we weren't in strife but it was getting a bit close

>>>>>>>>

Scrap all that, it was bugging me so I went and dug the programmes out of the cellar.

Sat 19 Mar 1994 at home to Yeavil Town a month after Kingy returned to the club (wins v Bath, Dover, Stafford, Staly bridge, a draw at Woking and a 0-1 defeat to Macc)

The bottom 6 was

Halifax p27 pts 33
ALTY p30 pts 33
Yeovil p 29 pts 31
Dag & Red p 26 pts 28
Witton p33 pts 28
Stalybridge p29 pts 25

Remember we'd never been relegated from the conference at this point. The game was 0-0 and Yeovil had, understandably if you look at the table been time wasting and play acting etc. Deep, deep into injury time Franny heading in a free kick from the right wing at the Chequers end and it was absolute pandemonium.

Altho his goal at Merthyr was better, anyway must go as I think there's some mixed news on the way.

Ballers,

I remember that goal well.

Darren Heesom curled in a free kick from the right wing at the Chequers End and France ghosted in to guide a glancing header past the Yeovil keeper.

In the tremendous burst of jubilation that followed, I almost ran across the width of the main stand!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's your favourite Alty goal??