PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's your favourite Alty goal??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: What's your favourite Alty goal??  (Read 10635 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite Alty goal??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »

Ah yes, Mal Bailey's at Runcorn in 78, one of the most meaningful goals in our history at the time signalling that first Wembley appearance after the disappointment of the previous season................and possibly one of the more quietly celebrated at the time surrounded by hostile locals/scousers in the area next to the away pen which we figured was a safer option.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

bigcol

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »

Gotta be Clive 92. Can we have that on a t-shirt as well as Colin & Dale?

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »

Ah yes, Mal Bailey's at Runcorn in 78, one of the most meaningful goals in our history at the time signalling that first Wembley appearance after the disappointment of the previous season................and possibly one of the more quietly celebrated at the time surrounded by hostile locals/scousers in the area next to the away pen which we figured was a safer option.
SW, ah yes my second real taste of aggro at a match.  The first being at the Scarboro semi you mentioned the previous season! All got a bit unpleasant didn't it that day?  That goal by Mal Bailey was one that sticks out for me and the other is the aforementioned Barry Howard's second against Rotherham.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »

Perhaps not the highest profile goal ever but the one that springs to mind as giving most pleasure was Dickie Landon's last minute equaliser at the Drill Field.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »

One that always sticks in my head is Jason 'van' Gallagher at the Drill Field in that MacMillian Cup thingy, oh we battered Vics as well so BONUS !

Barry Shuttleworth for me is also a big one, as was Tony Rigby v Frickley :)

Best celebration has to be the goal at Bamber Brig when the James Bond baddie tried to keep us off the pitch, and I believe blamed Ecky.. ha ha

And as was said earlier ANY Dickie Landon last minute winner \ equaliser that he seemed to do quite a lot.

ah and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAN thats what he can do....

I haven't really just mentioned one there have I.. THERE ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 08:56:40 PM »

one that I remember fondly is the winner at gateshead in a trophy game.  we were pants, but scored two in the last minutes, including a last minute winner.  Theft, utetr theft.  The daft thing is I cna never remember the lads name.  it was the circumstances of the goal that gets me.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 02:38:08 AM »

I too think maybe Bomber's goal at Gateshead that for me was the one that clinched our return to the conference.

Oh, and also out of all the goals from that magnificent 1990-91 season it's Ken McKenna's last  minute winner at home to Kettering that still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 08:46:21 AM »

Clives goal against Chester and Barry's at Rotheram.

seasonticket

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »

I have three momorable goals apart from Freeman's scorcher and Senior's v Millwall.
Firstly a Stuart Hamil equaliser late on to make it 2-2 v Gateshead at Moss Lane.
Secondly The winning goal scored by Pritchard v Macc at Moss Rose in a game they conned the ref into playing on a frozen pitch with cleared snow piled down the touch lines. All because we had a few players out and they thought it an easy way to beat us. The best bit that really upset the Macc scum was that Pritchard was so far offside the liner had to flag but he didn't. Deep deep joy one in our favour for a change.
The third goal I can't remember who scored it or even how it was scored. It was the one that won the siege at Doncaster, when we were camped in our penalty area for nearly ninety minutes but somehow came away one nil winners.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »

That'll be the own goal where no Alty player was within 40 yards of the ball. I felt rather guilty walking away with an Alty win that day :)

joe

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:19:49 AM »

The third goal I can't remember who scored it or even how it was scored. It was the one that won the siege at Doncaster, when we were camped in our penalty area for nearly ninety minutes but somehow came away one nil winners.

The own goal was scored by Dean Walling,a totally undeserved win!

joe

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »

Before my time but my Dad has mentioned a goal by Andy Windsor against Hartlepool in the FA Cup in 1970 as being a bit special.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

Before my time but my Dad has mentioned a goal by Andy Windsor against Hartlepool in the FA Cup in 1970 as being a bit special.

The Galloping Major ... what a dude!  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

Indeed, a truly glorious moment in Alty's history.

I recall that we only felt comfortable celebrtaing that victory when the car was halfway back to Altrincham on the M56!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 06:05:50 PM »

one that I remember fondly is the winner at gateshead in a trophy game.  we were pants, but scored two in the last minutes, including a last minute winner.  Theft, utetr theft.  The daft thing is I cna never remember the lads name.  it was the circumstances of the goal that gets me.

Nick Welton, I believe,

Didn't he move down to London shortly after that game?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What's your favourite Alty goal??