PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton match thread  (Read 10237 times)

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton match thread
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2022, 11:41:59 AM »

So unlucky , bless her and hope she makes a full recovery .

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2022, 01:08:26 PM »

Inflation, strikes, Christmas, lurgy doing the rounds, etc etc.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2022, 08:10:34 PM »

A very one-sided game that in typical Alty style we failed to win convincingly.

One downside of the evening was the behaviour of some of our supporters - the bunch of kids behind the goal shouting relentless, tedious and crude abuse at the Curzon keeper can perhaps be forgiven due to their age. However, the blokes who nicked the Curzon flag at half time really should have a word with themselves. It’s a shame that the stewards didn’t seem interested when they were pointed out, despite the repeated PA announcements on the subject.
we pay a lot for these stewards now . I hope we are asking for a refund for incompetence

I’m sorry,
We all like a laugh, don’t you think the THIEF  that stole the flag just hand it back ?

I know you're older and rose tinted, but away fans should never have been allowed to stand and display flags in and amongst where Altrincham fans congregate.

Swap 1 club for many in the NL and FL and that'd have been a full on fight.

Not condoning the theft but let's question why they were stood amongst our most vocal fans with 4/5th of the ground tk stand

Telford fans also chose to remain in that corner for the entire match once. I don't know, but I assume some sets of fans just can't be bothered moving round like we do - and in contrast every single Wealdstone fan moved round in the unsegregated game. I think I'm also right in saying that no significant number of F.C. United or Manchester United (XI) supporters have moved round at half time on the occasions we have played them without segregation (which of course on one occasion at least saw bloodshed).

Once again I have to ask what was going on with stewarding. If it was me, I'd have had someone on hand to do something about it if, say, a flag was nicked with the way things were last night. Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if having segregation for almost every game breeds this sort of behaviour and encourages a more confrontational attitude towards opposition supporters? I used to go to the Drill Field and Moss Rose without segregation - have things really changed that much since then? Segregation has been dropped in other sports, and I repeat I would like it to end in all football matches. For me, it's a form of discrimination and a self-defeating surrender to bad behaviour.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 08:19:51 PM by Hugh »

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2022, 08:44:23 PM »

Should have won 5/6-0.

The 705 ATT is a much clearer representation of where our core support is at than the 2k+ average we achieved last season. Still a National League North level fanbase when it all boils down to a ticketed Tuesday night game.

For comparison, Dagenham and Redbridge got 463 against Uxbridge (from Middlesex) according to Football Web Pages, who don't currently give any other FAT 3rd round attendances for NL teams. And Scunny are winning 0-1.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2022, 08:45:32 PM »

On reflection certain things have come to the forefront of my mind.

What a horrible kit they had

I thought it was cold but as neither Colclough or hampson had gloves on it obviously wasn't

What has Dinanga done to his hair
Full time and proud of it

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2022, 08:53:08 PM »

Why did they need two different shades of pink? And was the "salmon" actually burnt salmon?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2022, 09:03:14 PM »

Not only did it look horrible it appeared it was a size too small for everyone.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2022, 11:46:23 PM »

Curzon made CCC look Messi? I'm not so sure. Look at the Alty TV coverage from about 5:05. I think he genuinely was good there! I used to play fullback sometimes in kickarounds, and I would have hated trying  to stop that. Also good to see Toby Mullarkey showing the sort of form that had Portsmouth interested (apart from when he nearly missed an open goal :) ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lFetA2EEcg
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 03:14:59 AM by Hugh »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton match thread