News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Assistant Referee

Author Topic: Assistant Referee  (Read 2472 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Assistant Referee
« on: January 01, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »

Just like to say well done to the linesman today for giving the goal. Welldone  ;)

Generally the linesmen gave some good decisions today.

markecky

Re: Assistant Referee
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:37:18 AM »

Dave,

Is this meant to be ironic?

The linesman in front of us gave nothing! The penalty for handball..the throw in that was a yard out of play.

Granted we love the linesman on the other side but the one near us may have well have just run up and down.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 10:22:01 AM »

Should have said linesman!!

I forgot the handball, with the euphoria of winning  :D

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »

I couldn't believe it wasn't given as a penalty. The defender just misjudged the bounce and tbh I think the linesman bottled it. I didn't really see any other bad decisions given though.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »

The ref was pathetic at times I thought, clearly being swayed by the baying of the home support when he didn't see incidents himself. Clear handball not given.  But he did get the red cards correct and did well to go with the decision of his linesman when he wasn't going to give the goal. I don't think I have ever seen that at an Alty game.

And if anyone had any doubt that GH was hurt as much as us on Boxing Day then his reaction at the end should have dispelled that. He was as extatic as we were. I think a few of the players were told they were playing for their futures at the club and it showed. That is the level of performance and committment we need to see in EVERY game from now on. If we still go down playing like that we can have no complaints, but Farsley and Weymouth are there for the taking.

Longman

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »

And if anyone had any doubt that GH was hurt as much as us on Boxing Day then his reaction at the end should have dispelled that. He was as extatic as we were. I think a few of the players were told they were playing for their futures at the club and it showed. That is the level of performance and committment we need to see in EVERY game from now on. If we still go down playing like that we can have no complaints, but Farsley and Weymouth are there for the taking.
[/quote]

Totally agree with this mate.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 06:00:57 PM »

And if anyone had any doubt that GH was hurt as much as us on Boxing Day then his reaction at the end should have dispelled that. He was as extatic as we were. I think a few of the players were told they were playing for their futures at the club and it showed.

Surely it's not just some of the players whose future at the club is in question?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Foz

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 06:27:28 PM »

The ref was pathetic at times I thought, clearly being swayed by the baying of the home support when he didn't see incidents himself. Clear handball not given.  But he did get the red cards correct and did well to go with the decision of his linesman when he wasn't going to give the goal. I don't think I have ever seen that at an Alty game.

Funnny, I thought the ref was OK. I thought that he was talked into booking Cahill by Welsh moaning about him kicking the ball away (all of 2 yards!). That apart, I didn't really think that he had a bad game. The ref can't posibly give the second goal himself, he has to rely on the linesman who should be on the goal line having a better view. For what it is worth, I believe our players felt it was well over the line.

I was surprised by the second sending off, as some refs would have bottled reducing a team to 8, but he was correct again. No one gets everything right in a game, but it seemed to me he got all the important, clear cut things he had to deal with correct.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Assistant Referee