PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was Carlos dropped?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Was Carlos dropped?  (Read 5009 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Was Carlos dropped?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

Agree a tad unfai, but GH can only pick 16. No munroe either today?

Alex

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

can i just make clear i was not comparing him to bowler i was just stating that he was in the bar with a face like a slapped arse (just like bowler did) hense doing a bowler.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

With 5 new faces, there will be uunhappy people, perhaps it will ring a bell and make the players fight for a place or leave.

Reading Robin

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »

Looked like we needed him today for some invention late on.  Warren may prefer it playing left-mid, but i thought he struggled today, plenty of running, but was caught out of position and beaten on a couple of occasions.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

True but he battled on.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »

hold on, Logan is far from the way Justin Bowelr was. I don't think he is a 'bad' player, shame he can't cross, but he gets involved....

Morning Moousee!

goodwin  :)

moousee

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

i think i just condensed about half an hour of rambling drunken slur into a couple of sentences there....

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »

I will tell you the problem with Logan.

When he first played for us he hung out on the left hand side. He got the ball and all was good, he ran at players and took them on and we all loved it.

In recent months when he has played he has more and more had to come inside to get the ball  due to a lack of distribution on the other players. In addition when he has come on he has also had to help who ever has been playing left back because we have been battered in that position. This has meant he has not been able to commit more up front.

If he goes back to playing wide left and hanging back on the corner of the 18 yard box for corners I think we will see the old Logan back.

I do admit his final distribution needs improving but so does Warrens sometimes.

May be now with a good right winger and Logan on the left we can play with some width, but will Logan get the chance again?

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 04:40:09 PM »

Im glad he was in the bar with a face like a slapped arse! It means he wants to play and he has the bottle to turn up and watch the team anyway!

Good luck to carlos, he gets a fair bit of stick on here and im not sure why, im sure he'll get another chance and i think he'll do well!

Lew Needham

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »

Totally agree that Carlos gets a bit of stick on here.

He works hard whenever he plays and always wants the ball but the Alty boys never seem to pass to him.

I hope he sticks it out and gets a real chance.

Although Peyton has been giving 100%, as always, he hasn't been playing fantastic recently and i feel he lacks pace to be a wide player. We went for the pre match meal on boxing day and Heathcote informed us that the problem with Logan was his final ball- to be honest the only player we have had in the last 5 years with a final ball was Potts??!!

Just feel Logan running at a team must give the players a bit of confidence to have a go themselves- just a thought??!

Last time I stuck a post on about a lpayer was Whalley so just hoping I haven't jinxed it for Carlos
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Was Carlos dropped?