PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RUBBISH
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RUBBISH  (Read 7137 times)

altyf

Re: RUBBISH
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »

I agree with the above critiscism however for me its seemed more about the players not showing any sort of HEART today; an incredibly poor game with two poor teams which we were the worse by some distance.

Cut me and i will bleed Altrincham but that today was totaly unacceptable , i want to swear but i wont.

We need to get sorted very quickly, because if we continue to play like that we will very quickly become whipping boys.
Gutted to say...I ABSOLUTELY AGREE...IT WAS HEART!!!! ITS MISSING, WE HAVE THE PLAYERS BUT NOT THE DESIRE OR THE TACTICS!
About O'neill, you cant just say hes been sh*t, you have to realise the players around him just werent giving him anything, hes a good player but the type of player that needs help and support to have a good game, the whole team were crap today, apart from acton, and on a day when the team plays crap, the forwards stand out as particularly bad becaus the final ball to them was atrocious. Lets hope Graham and Dalton can gel the team and work some magic, theres a long way to go!!!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 09:23:48 PM »

One of the great things about being an Alty fan is the debate - and none nasty.

With little fortune on the wings & short forwards & O'Neill needing more support to show his best, how about a 4-3-1-2???

Stu or Acton; Lane, Rose, Tinson, Peyton; Lawton, Val, Sedge or Whalley; O'Neill; Rod & Senior

With Pottsy as a sub we will have the squad to change formation if we need more width. Rod or Senior can always move out wide, take their marker & O'Neill takes the space in the centre. I think Berkely could be useful support.

(Before anyone takes me up on this, please note that I got Alty to lose to Irvine Meadow in Championship Manager!!!)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:28:12 PM by Altysmiffy »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »

I have to echo some of the above comments because that was utter drivel today.

For me, only Acton and Lane emerged with any credit.

At present, opposition goalkeepers may as well bring along their pipe, slippers, an armchair and a copy of The Daily Telegraph sports section, as they are simply being given nothing to do.
Not one meaningful shot on goal and a total dearth of creativity.

The classic formula for relegation is a leaky defence and an inability to score goals.
At present, we fit this description perfectly.

Woeful.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »

One of the great things about being an Alty fan is the debate - and none nasty.

With little fortune on the wings & short forwards & O'Neill needing more support to show his best, how about a 4-3-1-2???

Stu or Acton; Lane, Rose, Tinson, Peyton; Lawton, Val, Sedge or Whalley; O'Neill; Rod & Senior

With Pottsy as a sub we will have the squad to change formation if we need more width. Rod or Senior can always move out wide, take their marker & O'Neill takes the space in the centre. I think Berkely could be useful support.

(Before anyone takes me up on this, please note that I got Alty to lose to Irvine Meadow in Championship Manager!!!)

How about the sack the lot and start again.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 10:12:57 PM »

We can post on here all day about teams and new formations, but the management seem unwilling (or unable - I hope not) to change things that clearly aren't working around. I've no doubt GH is as frustrated at the crap his team are serving up as we are, but it's his job to do something about it. Maybe some good will come from Little's sending off in that he will be forced to try something different up front. But I have no doubt we'll see Joe up front on his own on Monday (although it may work with the right support). A similar performance and result on Monday and I'm afraid questions are going to be asked BIG TIME.

As I said I can handle losing. I cannot handle total ineptitude and lack of heart. We got the results we did last season due to never say doe attitude, team spirit and sheer effort. I have seen none of this (bar 15 minutes at a woeful Halifax) this season and I stand by my comments that this team is currently worse than the team last season.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 10:27:41 PM »

I Agree with most thats bin said accept i cannot understand why people are saying to drop munners i , karl has looked solid for the games ive seen ,more so than tinson, so i think it would be harsh to drop him. Colin well he deserved to be sent off and i think he should be dropped anyway, undoubtedly hes a class player and he is our best player with the ball at his feet however his attitude is terrible he needs a kick up the arse an told to start showing some spirit because colin in the right frame of mind is a great player to have on any team.

flaggerN

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 10:58:05 PM »

disagree with a lot of what has been said as it takes time for new players to settle in. Just be patient and give the lads encouragement. Thought Scotty was playing well till he went off. We are also putting the ball into the forwards from the wrong angle as it gives there defenders time to set themselves to clear. We need to be another twenty yards further forward before putting crosses in to the box. When was the last time Pottsy went past an opposition full back got to the by line and put a cross in. Not many people were moaning during the first hour against Exeter so the players can perform. Give it time.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »

i would like to see how dalton steele would work things if he were put in charge for a game,(im not saying gh should be sacked) but it would be interesing to see what he would do,for example at fgr we were very close to the dugout and all i could here was gh going effing crap etc,nothing constructve,nothing positive,nothing to help or encourage the players to get going.Just abuse basically but when dalton got a word in he was saying some very good things like telling munroe to start playing balls forward instead of back and tinson to be less side on.i just think it would be interesting to see how the team plays if this happened,what does everyone think?

altyf

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »

you told me at the match you wouldnt mention this on the forum in fear of getting peaked to death!  ;D    :D     ;)

Daycare Dan

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »

I think you make a very good point. The team looks to be lacking on confidence, slating it from the management might be making things worse. I too am not calling for GH to go, but can it do any damage for GH to encourage his players?

altyf

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »

total agreement!
i too wasnt happy to see graham shouting at the players, dalton gives nothing but encouragement and constructive ideas and if graham could do the same the attitude on the pitch may improve!

VofD

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »

Absolute GARBAGE. completely CLUELESS. Grays were nothing great  and we should have taken something from the match even though we played crap,

Joe O'Neill is just a waste of space.Colin gets no kind of service or support, and I feel his sending off was a result of sheer frustration at this. However, he should not have reacted the way he did in view of his experience.

I am "BLUE SQUARE" in the face going on about how there is no width with all ten outfield players running around in a pack.Having EVERYONE back to defend free kicks and corners around our penalty box is just complete madness, and even then their goalscorer was completely unmarked in the 6 yards box. Hoofing high balls forward for O'Neill and Little to chase with no support brings absolutely f--- all.

Something, OR SOMEONE, has got to change and very, very soon.

harv

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »

lets just say that yesterday was a good showing of why york city thought o neil was a waste of space

no heart, no passion and positional play was what i though of yesterday

was like watching an under 11 team play with all the players too close to each other to do anything

all i hope is that someone gives them a good bollocking so we look like a better side tommorow rather than looking sunday league

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »

Joe O'Neill is just a waste of space.Colin gets no kind of service or support, and I feel his sending off was a result of sheer frustration at this.

So Joes a waste of space, but Colin isn't because he doesn't get any service and support. Presumably Joe is getting a lot of service and support then?

Get a grip for f**ks sake, you have a couple of fair points (shared by others) but your bitterness is out of order.

altyf

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »

Totally agree with ballers here, you cant slag joe off and not colin, its simlpy unjust!!!! Theyve both been equally poor and in my opinion its not entirely their fault...you have to look at what theyve got to work with!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 RUBBISH