PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: When did we become so horrible?  (Read 24793 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: When did we become so horrible?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »

Well I cheered with relief when Jordan went off , he was totally useless and has been for weeks. Like every other player that's plays I get behind them when on the pitch but as a paying customer I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I remember Kyle Perry getting cheered off, but I didn't read post match comments from Lee Sinnott about a resignation. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of Lee Sinnott , I do appreciate the good work he has done in taking the team forward but think his comments are over the top. The moss lane crowd are very supportive in general.
spot on, the only sensible post in this pointless thread

If it's a pointless thread why have you posted in it?
bored in a hotel room in London

Explore the Corby trouser press

Jenga

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »

Fair point, I shouldnt have used a specific area of the stand, that's unfair. firstly as I wouldn't have a clue who sits anywhere in the main stand. But managers have always had baiting from behind them at moss lane. The pantomime stuff is all well and good, but stuff to the detriment of the team is just that, we could be sat in or just outside the top 5 in a weeks time with a bit of luck. Jordan Sinnott might not be the answer at right midfield, but the very public continued belittling of one of our own is not for the match day in my opinion. And maybe his better performances mainly coming away from home might be telling.
A sh*t player got booed - it happens everywhere Pete every ground in the country - get over it

Absolute TOSH. in all my years of watching football have i ever seen ONE PLAYER be singled out and booed off the field. The team at the end of each half yes, but a player getting booed when being substituted is simply low and pathetic. SUPPORT YOUR GOD DAMN TEAM FFS, YOU ARE NOT AN AWAY SUPPORTER.

Damn your post has really p!ssed me off.

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »

Sinnot, J is a better player then Royle, D. That is my opinion having seen them both play.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »

Can I just say that one good reason, when both Clee and Crowther are fit, for Sinnott not playing on the right is that we need to play with real width (albeit in a 451) for James Lawrie to be effective behind the front man.

When Sinnott and to a lesser extent Richman (because he manages to cover so much ground) play on the right it's all a bit tight and he isn't effective.

Reeves goal is a perfect example, it's the movement of the ball out to Crowther that's the key. You could put the Sinnott pass to Rankine on a massive pitch as Wrexham as an example if you wanted too.

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 08:40:08 PM »

Is this all abit over the top the vast majority didn't know about the reaction to the substitution until lee said it in the paper so it wasn't loud therefore a very small minority

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »

Must admit to feeling a little embarrassed on saturday, we are a friendly family club and there should be no room for this negativity to any one of our players, however some may feel about how they performed on the day.

I too didnt think Jordan had his best game and Dens did improve us when he came on, but he's a young lad trying his best and he does have ability, what he needs is more encouragement not knocking which cant help his confidence.
He may not be our best player but where would we have been during our recent injury crisis without him?

Let's all get behind the team tomorrow and stop this bickering. :-[

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »

If it's a choice betweer Sinnott and O'Keefe,  I'd rather have Sinnott.
Full time and proud of it

george

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 09:25:28 PM »

Players know when things are not right so as supporters why can't people encourage them & help lift them, so they know people are supporting them. It does help, instead of persistently moaning.  Because as a genuinely part-time club, we are doing exceedingly well.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »

Still no songs shocking
ParkINson's red and white army

VofD

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »

Fair point, I shouldnt have used a specific area of the stand, that's unfair. firstly as I wouldn't have a clue who sits anywhere in the main stand. But managers have always had baiting from behind them at moss lane. The pantomime stuff is all well and good, but stuff to the detriment of the team is just that, we could be sat in or just outside the top 5 in a weeks time with a bit of luck. Jordan Sinnott might not be the answer at right midfield, but the very public continued belittling of one of our own is not for the match day in my opinion. And maybe his better performances mainly coming away from home might be telling.
A sh*t player got booed - it happens everywhere Pete every ground in the country - get over it

Absolute TOSH. in all my years of watching football have i ever seen ONE PLAYER be singled out and booed off the field. The team at the end of each half yes, but a player getting booed when being substituted is simply low and pathetic. SUPPORT YOUR GOD DAMN TEAM FFS, YOU ARE NOT AN AWAY SUPPORTER.

Jordan was not booed off the field. Where has that come from?

Jenga

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »

Booed, jeered, sarcastic cheers all the same, and all distasteful. Were you one of these people? As for where it came from, it came from here.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:15:43 PM by Coburn has done nothing for this club »

VofD

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 10:23:01 PM »

Booed, jeered, sarcastic cheers all the same, and all distasteful. Were you one of these people? As for where it came from, it came from here.

Yeah you are right. It came from this thread and I should have read it better before posting.

Ham.
What makes you say he got booed?

VofD

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 10:34:51 PM »

Were you?

brian1925

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 10:42:09 PM »

I was stood near the community hall when the substitution happened and all I heard was a big cheer for the returning, and very important captain. If there was anything negative said about Jordan, it must have simply been a throw away comment by an individual, which so long as it wasn't abusive, they have the perfect right to make as paying customers.

Jenga

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:49 PM »

No vofd I was not, the question is were you as you seem to have avoided my question.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?