PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: When did we become so horrible?  (Read 24790 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: When did we become so horrible?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 05:20:39 PM »

Wot no VofD comment???
Bernard Taylors barmy army

VofD

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »

No comment :-X    ;)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »

I simply despair at all the negativity sometimes.

LS is holding the fort steady and arguably improving the team.

It is easy to improve a sh*te team. Lets face it before he arrived we were pretty sh*te lol.

As you improve it becomes harder and harder to show improvements and the improvements which are found are smaller. May i liken it to running (sorry), you can knock minutes off a PB when you start, but gradually you become happy when you can knock 15 seconds off or even a second for the faster runners. The same is true in football.

In relation to the singing i think we have suffered due to losing some big voices recently. Also peoples circumstances change and priorities change, the old fans are having kids, getting married and have other priorities, although kiddies corner is growing nicely. But kiddies corner takes the dads away from the singing section.

In three or four games time we could be sitting pretty in the league and sat nicely mid table. That mid table is very close indeed.

I'm going to price up a child minder and three bottles of becks for you and see if I can raise the funds.

On a more serious note, let's all make an effort to get behind them in Tuesday. We don't need a row about who should do what but let's play our part.

I want a song choice from all going Tuesday please

Let's get behind the lads

No kiddy corner at nights

Ecky I will have a sol please

Here are my choices

1. The boy reeves he scores when he wants accapella
2. Give me an A-handclap
3. Sing your hearts out -retro remix
4. We are alty super alty no one's likes us- we don't care remix
5. We hate northwich Victoria - 1989 drill field remix

Want more please

Let's do this
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:40:57 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

And we should have a flag evening as well

Please can the bearer of the flags make them available they add to the atmosphere

I will bring the teasers flag
ParkINson's red and white army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »

If every game was segregated, as it should be, all flags that don't go to away games could be hung on the back of the golf road end all the time,

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »

Well I cheered with relief when Jordan went off , he was totally useless and has been for weeks. Like every other player that's plays I get behind them when on the pitch but as a paying customer I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I remember Kyle Perry getting cheered off, but I didn't read post match comments from Lee Sinnott about a resignation. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of Lee Sinnott , I do appreciate the good work he has done in taking the team forward but think his comments are over the top. The moss lane crowd are very supportive in general.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »

100 percent agree with most of what's been said. Though if I can indulge in some light pedantry, Woodley Sports went bust last season under the name of Stockport Sports...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »

i have asked several times to no avail what actually did happen to the flags.

i too agree this forum is a shadow of its former self and is mostly doom and gloom

thought we were going forward lots of kids interested but grumpiness shouldnt be a force

the gazelle ...........grumpy old man just trying to be positive

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »

I didn't attend Saturday, when I eventually found the score out due to being in the wild of the west lakes I saw Altrincham 1-0 Barrow. A superb result against a club with big ambition, and big pockets. Im as good as the next man/woman at totally losing my sh*t at football games, but seriously what the hell is going on? I'm not surprised the manager is pissed off. It must be like a dripping tap from the back of that mainstand. We aren't a big enough club to have factions. Some people seem to derive pleasure from paying 15 quid to bait the manager, and I don't just mean this manager, all of them in my time, apart from king and McKenna..

Well, thanks for tarring us all with the same brush (including James Lawrie's mother, who sits a couple of rows in front of me!).

Anyhow, when did you become an authority on what happens in the main stand, particularly during a match that you didn't attend?!

To my ears, the cheering seemed to emanate from more than one area of the main stand.

It was an excellent substitution by the manager and possibly one which saved the game for us.

Scott Leather needed more protection/assistance down the right flank and Densmore gave us that plus an injection of energy and pace.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:28:48 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 07:32:29 PM »

Well I cheered with relief when Jordan went off , he was totally useless and has been for weeks. Like every other player that's plays I get behind them when on the pitch but as a paying customer I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I remember Kyle Perry getting cheered off, but I didn't read post match comments from Lee Sinnott about a resignation. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of Lee Sinnott , I do appreciate the good work he has done in taking the team forward but think his comments are over the top. The moss lane crowd are very supportive in general.
spot on, the only sensible post in this pointless thread

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »

Fair point, I shouldnt have used a specific area of the stand, that's unfair. firstly as I wouldn't have a clue who sits anywhere in the main stand. But managers have always had baiting from behind them at moss lane. The pantomime stuff is all well and good, but stuff to the detriment of the team is just that, we could be sat in or just outside the top 5 in a weeks time with a bit of luck. Jordan Sinnott might not be the answer at right midfield, but the very public continued belittling of one of our own is not for the match day in my opinion. And maybe his better performances mainly coming away from home might be telling.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »

If it's a pointless thread why have you posted in it?

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »

Fair point, I shouldnt have used a specific area of the stand, that's unfair. firstly as I wouldn't have a clue who sits anywhere in the main stand. But managers have always had baiting from behind them at moss lane. The pantomime stuff is all well and good, but stuff to the detriment of the team is just that, we could be sat in or just outside the top 5 in a weeks time with a bit of luck. Jordan Sinnott might not be the answer at right midfield, but the very public continued belittling of one of our own is not for the match day in my opinion. And maybe his better performances mainly coming away from home might be telling.
A sh*t player got booed - it happens everywhere Pete every ground in the country - get over it

And so should the manager - or can he not because it's his son? Now that could be a problem, because he is a sh*t player and only in the team because his dad's the manager!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:45:58 PM by Ham »

GB Alty

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 07:44:59 PM »

If it's a pointless thread why have you posted in it?
bored in a hotel room in London

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 07:52:15 PM »

I've been around long enough to have heard managers being harangued from several different areas of Moss Lane over the years.

Indeed, it's not that long ago that Graham Heathcote was being heckled by some members of the Golf Road End during a home game against Lewes.

I've also heard far, far better players than Jordan Sinnott being criticised.

Just ask Graham Heathcote or even John Davison, two Alty legends who received recurrent abuse from some patrons of The Popular Side during some stages of their Alty careers.

In the 1980s, the undervalued Phil Gardner used to be a target.

And in more recent times, Jason Gallagher took a fair bit of stick, as I recall.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:54:22 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 When did we become so horrible?